• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I'm looking at #3 under the scope.
It seems she is mostly milky with %5-%10 amber scattered all over the plant.

Yesterday was start of week 9 for her.
Thinking she may be ready for harvest.

But I also feel she has not swollen like I thought she would. Granted she has had her tops toasted a couple times.

That made me shut off 4 of the 8 t5 bulbs to finish flower.

wilted from forgetting to water 2 times. Maybe she was just stunted and didn't achieve her full potential?

The flowers she has are all beautiful.
Just not as big as I thought they may get.

Definitely not as big as the flowers on the beast clone (she has 12 bulbs on not 4).

I'm thinking a day or two in the dark then harvest? Or you guys think I could push it?

20170303 174616
20170303 174558
20170303 174659
20170303 174731

This wasn't the best looking top.
I just wanted details of what the tops look like.
20170303 174910

Most of the hairs are no longer white. And they are pulled in it looks like.
What you think @thunderfudge

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Good friggin ### man. What a beautiful canopy! Hard to believe you only have a couple runs under your belt and youv'e mastered manifolding. I am truly impressed dude. Wow

Thanks chief!
I got this fortune cookie last night :cool:
20170303 005425

It's not too tough.

Just got to visualize what you want your plant to look like before you begin.

That way you can shape it as it grows in

We will have you manifolding in notime:)

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Since I hit the 8 week start mark. I finally had to go digging through the beast canopy to pull out the mozzarella & purple haze auto for trichome maturity checks.

The mozzarella fan leaves have almost all dried up and fallen off. Her hairs are almost all red and pulled in. And she has that fat, juicy, swollen top look of ripeness.
20170304 003355

20170304 003425

Purple haze auto is another beauty.
Just the other day I noticed her fan leaves matched the beasts. I had 2 hazes going and didn't even make the connection until now :cry:
20170304 002749

20170304 002727

Her trichomes still have some clear that need to go milky. She has %5 or less amber. And her hairs are all still white. I think she is still maturing so she needs more time.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
For the first time.
I've encountered tops so fat on the beast. That they are starting to lean :D

Glad I have a small tent. Whose walls offer support to keep them standing.

The day I remove her from the tent for harvest. I may take a small string around the perimeter colas to hold them upright together when I cut her down.

once cut down and upside down the string won't matter. Just don't want branches breaking in that whole process. Trying to think ahead.

incogneato

incogneato

For the first time.
I've encountered tops so fat on the beast. That they are starting to lean :D

Glad I have a small tent. Whose walls offer support to keep them standing.

The day I remove her from the tent for harvest. I may take a small string around the perimeter colas to hold them upright together when I cut her down.

once cut down and upside down the string won't matter. Just don't want branches breaking in that whole process. Trying to think ahead.
I can't help but get excited for you every time I look at your pics bro. You really nailed it this go round. Your methodical approach really dialed this grow in. Well done bro, looking forward to the final result, gonna be epic!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I can't help but get excited for you every time I look at your pics bro. You really nailed it this go round. Your methodical approach really dialed this grow in. Well done bro, looking forward to the final result, gonna be epic!

Thanks @incogneato :)

The last few weeks really get exciting. Time seems to slow down.

I'm just ready for some smoke that is fresher than this recycled oil :yuck:

I'll probably pull the mozzarella right at the end of its week 8 along with #3 in the micro at the end of it's 9th week (both on wed).

If they show signs of needing an earlier extraction I will do so.
I'm just making sure it really is ready and I'm not jumping the gun.

justiceman

justiceman

Right?! dude he even dropped some glorious miyagi knowledge earlier about preparing for the manifold when you top by leaving the extra stem to provide a base to allow the plant to stretch and provide support later on so it doesn't split down the middle. When i saw that I was like.:shockedninja:

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
@rmoltis , I wish I could give you one of my moms to flower out.

If only I had more room.

I'll be shifting gears down to 1 plant phenotype soon. It will be of the beast.

It will make life less hectic in these small spaces not running multiple strains.

Right?! dude he even dropped some glorious miyagi knowledge earlier about preparing for the manifold when you top by leaving the extra stem to provide a base to allow the plant to stretch and provide support later on so it doesn't split down the middle. When i saw that I was like.:shockedninja:

I learned it on one of my mainline plants a few grows back. Here is the trunk still hanging around home.

2 spots I left very little extra, they split.
20170304 030912

But the one side with extra nub you can still see held together very good.

I'm Glad to share anything helpful I discover personally. Just like how I learn from others on here too :)

justiceman

justiceman

If only I had more room.

It will make life less hectic in these small spaces not running multiple strains.

I learned it on one of my mainline plants a few grows back. Here is the trunk still hanging around home.

View attachment 675464

I'm Glad to share anything helpful I discover personally. Just like how I learn from others on here too :)
Right on for good explanation of that. That could save many some headaches later on in their grows.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
@rmoltis i wouldn't sweat the ambers,those are just those early trichs ripening.that things been putting off sugar for 6+ weeks now,they only live so long!haha! keep pushing bro,I guarantee it will be worth it!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Tonight I clipped off a few larf style flowers down low off the beast.

I then took them and stuffed my arizer extreme q cyclone bowl full.
20170304 043753

I set the temp to 250° and at my leisure take many full draws.

This helps dehydrate the flowers to get them ready for the higher vape temps.

I also get the fresh live flavor of the plant as it's moisture wicks away drawing some low temp terps with it.

Once dried out well I will break it up with the poker. Then crank up the temp to 400 to get the full vapor profile :smoking:

I just wanted some fresh tasty smoke.

This recycled oil tastes bad once your spoiled with fresh organic homegrown. So puffing on this vapor gives me a nice sweet taste. Like fruity gummy candy with a light sour ending.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
If only I had more room.

View attachment 675464

Well after your lovely bride attains her PhD you can always move back to WA and maybe help our resident weed whisperer @thunderfudge with some of his endeavors. :) Picture it the weed whisperer and @rmoltis the manifolding ninja :ninja: working together, TF working the strains and @rmoltis crafting and sculpting his work like a cannabis edward scissor hands!!!!! Would put a new meaning to hand crafted artisan weed for sure!!!!

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

Well Done.:fire:
Since I hit the 8 week start mark. I finally had to go digging through the beast canopy to pull out the mozzarella & purple haze auto for trichome maturity checks.

The mozzarella is almost done, her fan leaves have almost all dried up and fallen off. Her hairs are almost all red and pulled in. And she has that fat, juicy, swollen top look of ripeness. Very little clear trichome s, mostly milky with Maybe %10 amber.
View attachment 675431
View attachment 675432

Purple haze auto is another beauty.
Just the other day I noticed her fan leaves matched the beasts. I had 2 hazes going and didn't even make the connection until now :cry:
View attachment 675429
View attachment 675430
Her trichomes still have some clear that need to go milky. She has %5 or less amber. And her hairs are all still white. I think she is still maturing so she needs more time.

So it looks like the mozzarella will be coming down soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom