Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gardenholic

Gardenholic

What part generally of NE you in?? Was born and raised in Portsmouth, NH. Always had great luck with the soil in NE but as you said your on the coast so I see your dilemma. Maybe some nice raised beds and just use ROLS and your own compost and worm castings.
I'm on an island on the mid-coast of Maine. When it's wet, it is very muddy and slippery. I guess I could always do a soil test. For indoors, my grow is small enough that I can use top of the line everything and still come out ok. 200 gallon smart pots outdoors not so much lol. $400 of FFOF per plant just for soil hurts

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
That's a steal on that dirt @rmoltis good eye. Glad to see the beast clone is doing well. She lives on!

Looking good @jumpincactus I look forward to hearing what you have to say about that 10k finisher.

indeed,,,,,, the only drawback is this is the first time using the 10k bulbs so without a known strain and some side by side it will be hard to discern if its just badazz genetics or the light with the added frosting. I can give a preliminary appraisal but without a side by side kind of a crap shoot if you know what I mean.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm on an island on the mid-coast of Maine. When it's wet, it is very muddy and slippery. I guess I could always do a soil test. For indoors, my grow is small enough that I can use top of the line everything and still come out ok. 200 gallon smart pots outdoors not so much lol. $400 of FFOF per plant just for soil hurts
But think of the beast you can grow in a 200 gall smart pot. Would definitely cover your cost and then some with 4 or 5 elbows per pot. :fire::fire::fire::fire::smoking:

Besides once you get set up you can recycle your soil and as it becomes living soil you could do a cover crop between grows and keep that soil biology alive and you wouldnt have to buy anymore soil. With your own compost pile and some no till farmin you would be set. :D

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

But think of the beast you can grow in a 200 gall smart pot. Would definitely cover your cost and then some with 4 or 5 elbows per pot. :fire::fire::fire::fire::smoking:

Besides once you get set up you can recycle your soil and as it becomes living soil you could do a cover crop between grows and keep that soil biology alive and you wouldnt have to buy anymore soil. With your own compost pile and some no till farmin you would be set. :D
Sweet! Another project to read up on and get my hands into before work!! I've been doing some light reading on super soil mixes, but I'm just getting started. Any links to favorite recipes or techniques? I've already got the tarps, rakes and shovels!

Is it worth digging up some soil from around the property to see if it can be amended, or should I just start with a basic soil? Sorry for hijacking your thread @rmoltis, but I found where all the smart people are hanging out :D

incogneato

incogneato

Looking frosty! Nice work JC. Can't wait to see that Godzilla grow! You have any quick tips for the nftg line in soil? I'm using it in coco right now, but I started some clones in soil to do a comparative and see what I like better. I won't sit here and tell a lie that I mixed up my own super soil. I had a bag of black magic super soil from home depot that I bought before I got started. I know its a Monsanto product now but I wasn't going to waste it. At least I can get a feel for soil this way.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
@rmoltis Iffn I remember you said it was ok to post my stuff in your thread........... So I wanted to update you with the 2 strains I am testing for a buddy. Took the ladies out for a spin to remove some lower scruff and do a pest inspection. So I took some snaps.

Today I switched my Solistek HPS bulb out for the MH with low iron glass at 10,000 k they call it a finishing bulb. Higher uva & b due to the low iron glass and the gas mix they use. They recommend last 14-21 days of flower. Keep in mind this is a test run for germ rates and hybrid vigor and when assessing phenos I dont like to do a lot of manipulation and let the structure and yield stand on it's own. I believe a pheno hunt or for breeding it is better to let the genetics speak for themselves.

The yield will be around average, They still have 3 weeks or more so they may fatten up more but with manifolding or scrog or topping multiple times the yield of course would go up. They have 3 weeks technically to go but I think from what I am seeing they may go 11-12 weeks. Soil is living soil and the nutes are NFTG advanced.

From the terps they are throwing off smells mighty friggn dank. Especially the NorCal Catpiss I ran 1
and the 3 WiFi Lemon Alien X NorCal Moontang aint no slouch either. Frosting up nicely and terps are insane.

So here are 3 wifi with some bud shots and the nccp with a few bud shots as well.

When we get to training your beast cut in that big bag you sent if the cut you gift me doesnt make the journey I have some GG # 4 x Elmers Glue I am stoked to give a go so either way we will be putting someting in that jumbo bag to beast mode in. :)

View attachment 673471

View attachment 673472 View attachment 673473 View attachment 673474

WFLA 2

View attachment 673475

View attachment 673616 View attachment 673617 View attachment 673618 View attachment 673619

NCCP #1 View attachment 673620
So your WiFi lemon 2 looks just like the green cut I used as mom how is the smell? And sweaty foot stank? Any ammonia in it?
Your catpiss looks chem dom. Its the first one I've seen grow like that besides my male. Is it a f2 or is it from seas top cross?

P.s looking killer man good job

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
So your WiFi lemon 2 looks just like the green cut I used as mom how is the smell? And sweaty foot stank? Any ammonia in it?
Your catpiss looks chem dom. Its the first one I've seen grow like that besides my male. Is it a f2 or is it from seas top cross?

P.s looking killer man good job
Yea the wifi lemons between the 3 have 2 different shades of green. I believe your correct about the nccp being chem dom. Has all the structure of a chem plant. It was from Sea's cross. It reeks to high hell. Can see why it got named nccp smells just like ammonia.

The wifi's are very citrusy with a strong lemon background. A stem rub is intoxicating. :)

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Yea the wifi lemons between the 3 have 2 different shades of green. I believe your correct about the nccp being chem dom. Has all the structure of a chem plant. It was from Sea's cross. It reeks to high hell. Can see why it got named nccp smells just like ammonia.

The wifi's are very citrusy with a strong lemon background. A stem rub is intoxicating. :)
Yea that explains alot sea had alot more variation you forsure have a moontang pheno. Last I saw him he worked that into a bx I worked mine to f2 with most of my girls looking like this
20170130 172248
20170130 172248

justiceman

justiceman

indeed,,,,,, the only drawback is this is the first time using the 10k bulbs so without a known strain and some side by side it will be hard to discern if its just badazz genetics or the light with the added frosting. I can give a preliminary appraisal but without a side by side kind of a crap shoot if you know what I mean.
Ya I remember you saying it wouldn't be a good side by side. It will still be interesting to see what happens even if it doesn't really give anything conclusive for the reasons you mentioned. A true side by side would be awesome some time.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Got my replacement carbon filter today.
20170227 144048

I will probably run my old one to finish this round of flower & next round of veg.

The coolest part of having a carbon filter is that it keeps any odors in the home at bay.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Thats a great filter... good for 2 years easy... turn and slap every harvest

It's been 1 year so far.
And tent closed works great.

But tent open too long it takes longer than it used to to clean the home air.

And a couple times I noticed it out in front of my door. That was the giveaway I needed a replacement.

If smell scrubbing weren't top priority for my stealth. I'd consider longer run time.

I've taken your suggestion on the 1/4 turn and slap. But I think it running 24/7 for almost a year wore it out.

Between the iso purging, cat shitting, household smells, and dust in the air. It has seen good useage. It just isn't up to snuff for security anymore.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
It's been 1 year so far.

And a couple times I noticed it out in front of my door. That was the giveaway I needed a replacement.

If smell scrubbing weren't top priority for my stealth. I'd consider longer run time.

I've taken your suggestion on the 1/4 turn and slap. But I think it running 24/7 for almost a year wore it out.

Between the iso purging, cat shitting, household smells, and dust in the air. It has seen good useage. It just isn't up to snuff for security anymore.
Are you in a kind of a humid climate? They dont last as long in humidity as they do is desert air.

incogneato

incogneato

It's been 1 year so far.

Im lucky with the big ass exhaust fan I'm running. When I open my groom I crank it to full blast and it will keep the smell down. Hell its hard to open the door when its cranked lol. I haven't even put my filter on yet and I'm 3 weeks into bloom. That being said its definitely time to do it though. I got all smoked out and was working in there and forgot to ramp the fan up and my wife came down and told me the smell woke her up :sweating::opps:

Latest posts

Top Bottom