Supporter
Main beast flowers day 66
20170319 042446
20170319 042520
20170319 042601
20170319 042621
20170319 042645
20170319 042702

Look at all these heavy tops leaning and looking beautifully.
20170319 042734

20170319 042830

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
They all look ready to come down. At least from this angle.

When using trichomes keep in mind some strains ripen from the top down and others ripen from the bottom up.

In looking at the stage of senescence they are in with yellowing/fade and smaller sugar leaves drying and twisting again from my limited angle/view they look ready to me. Just my .2cents :)

incogneato

incogneato

Purple haze auto day 66
View attachment 680981
Where's the purple though? I guess with the high temps she's not going to express those colors?

When using trichomes keep in mind some strains ripen from the top down and others ripen from the bottom up.

In looking at the stage of senescence they are in with yellowing/fade and smaller sugar leaves drying and twisting again from my limited angle/view they look ready to me. Just my .2cents :)
I was thinking that about the mozzarella with the dried up sugars, but didn't have the knowledge to back it up.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Tonight after taking those pictures I snipped off a lowest bud off the beast.

I'm still out and the only times I've pilfered I've listed in this thread.

@jumpincactus Always said best way to gauge ripeness would be to snip off buds at different weeks or days along.

Then to jar cure and label them all.
So when you try them you can tell on the clones next grow when your ideal harvest time is.

Instead of jarring I just do a fresh vape. Well tonight I tried that nugget.
I saved 1/3 of it for later.
Wet it looked like a .3g total nug (not very big)

It's very tropical, earthy, lemon, sour watermelon kinda smell.

after taking my first vape hit (I used the hot punch method cause I wanted a fat hit) i noticed or rather I didn't notice any pain in the area I hurt.

This stuff looks like it's gonna be a great (physical) pain killing strain. It may calm nerve pain I'm not positive which one it is yet.

But it sure does make me more excited for harvest time.

I may have to pull a bud here and there if I really need it.

Thanks for the medicine nature :smug:

They are not ready trust me

My past grows have shown me once the fan leaves start drying and shriveling off. Thats when the buds all swell up and the frost stacks up the most from day to day. I find the weight and potency really rises at this point. And the beast is no exception. Each day the buds get chunking, fatter, and frostier with the naked eye.

Thunder says the father is 10 weaker.
And the mother the ghost train haze is up to 12 weeks. The purple haze auto is also a 70-77 day strain. So at day 66 they are not ready yet.

Hey homer remember the SDXQ you grew and said it was a 10 weeker? Mine went into the 11th week and upon oil extraction yielded %28
It is my belief that the extra time helps yield and potency significantly

Where's the purple though? I guess with the high temps she's not going to express those colors?

I was thinking that about the mozzarella with the dried up sugars, but didn't have the knowledge to back it up.

I guess my pheno of the purple haze auto was the green pheno.

The closest is the mozzarella but even it has many clear trichomes. I scoped the whole plant yesterday.

If my lens kit for my phone shows up before harvest I'll get some trichome shots.

@incogneato this is the difficult to judge part about The ripening process. If I harvested the mozzarella or the #3 when I first thought they were ready I would have missed considerable weight and frost that has come in since then.

Those Browning drying fans are the plant sucking the nutrients dry for its last push at the end. If they aren't sucking dry you aren't waiting long enough or you are overfeeding . This point I see the most gain.

The stress of dying causes them to push hard at the end.

I understand people do things differently. This is just my method :)

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

Tonight after taking those pictures I snipped off a lowest bud off the beast.

I'm still out and the only times I've pilfered I've listed in this thread.

@jumpincactus Always said best way to gauge ripeness would be to snip off buds at different weeks or days along.

Then to jar cure and label them all.
So when you try them you can tell on the clones next grow when your ideal harvest time is.

Instead of jarring I just do a fresh vape. Well tonight I tried that nugget.
I saved 1/3 of it for later.
Wet it looked like a .3g total nug (not very big)

It's very tropical, earthy, lemon, sour watermelon kinda smell.

after taking my first vape hit (I used the hot punch method cause I wanted a fat hit) i noticed or rather I didn't notice any pain in the area I hurt.

This stuff looks like it's gonna be a great (physical) pain killing strain. It may calm nerve pain I'm not positive which one it is yet.

But it sure does make me more excited for harvest time.

I may have to pull a bud here and there if I really need it.

Thanks for the medicine nature :smug:

They are not ready trust me

My past grows have shown me once the fan leaves start drying and shriveling off. Thats when the buds all swell up and the frost stacks up the most from day to day. I find the weight and potency really rises at this point. And the beast is no exception. Each day the buds get chunking, fatter, and frostier with the naked eye.

Thunder says the father is 10 weaker.
And the mother the ghost train haze is up to 12 weeks. The purple haze auto is also a 70-77 day strain. So at day 66 they are not ready yet.

Hey homer remember the SDXQ you grew and said it was a 10 weeker? Mine went into the 11th week and upon oil extraction yielded %28
It is my belief that the extra time helps yield and potency significantly

I guess my pheno of the purple haze auto was the green pheno.

The closest is the mozzarella but even it has many clear trichomes. I scoped the whole plant yesterday.

If my lens kit for my phone shows up before harvest I'll get some trichome shots.

@incogneato this is the difficult to judge part about The ripening process. If I harvested the mozzarella or the #3 when I first thought they were ready I would have missed considerable weight and frost that has come in since then.

Those Browning drying fans are the plant sucking the nutrients dry for its last push at the end. If they aren't sucking dry you aren't waiting long enough. This point I see the most gain.

I understand people do things differently. This is just my method :)
I watching and learning broseph :bookworm: I'm only looking at a few snapshots of them. You're there with em in real time. I'm going to take mine the distance as well, hard as that may be. I like JC's idea about jarring and curing at diff stages of ripeness. Might try it myself

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I watching and learning broseph :bookworm: I'm only looking at a few snapshots of them. You're there with em in real time. I'm going to take mine the distance as well, hard as that may be. I like JC's idea about jarring and curing at diff stages of ripeness. Might try it myself

All plants are in the harvest window for sure. I'm just pushing for yield and resin peak.

justiceman

justiceman

I'm seeing a LACK OF COLAS in the middle of the beast clone. Shame on you! Due to that it probably won't be good and you should just send it over to me after it's properly cured. :p Better luck next time.

Just playing around lol. Man I love how even the stalk has taken a huge purple color to it. Good stuff. I know you get this nearly every post, but it's so enjoyable to watch a plant that's been trained well. I'm noticeably seeing the accent plants fatten up every time you post a photo. Like before they kind of had uniformly shaped buds, but now each calyx is exploding causing more of a rocky mountain look. I like the determination to allow them to finish with the highest yield possible. Can't wait to see dry flower shots in the future.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm seeing a LACK OF COLAS in the middle of the beast clone. Shame on you! Due to that it probably won't be good and you should just send it over to me after it's properly cured. :p Better luck next time.

Just playing around lol. Man I love how even the stalk has taken a huge purple color to it. Good stuff. I know you get this nearly every post, but it's so enjoyable to watch a plant that's been trained well. I'm noticeably seeing the accent plants fatten up every time you post a photo. Like before they kind of had uniformly shaped buds, but now each calyx is exploding causing more of a rocky mountain look. I like the determination to allow them to finish with the highest yield possible. Can't wait to see dry flower shots in the future.
Fukk man you all keep on like this and R's head will swell like them calyxes LMAO

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
#3 is turning out damn fine under just (4) 2' T5 bulbs.

I could only imagine if I trained her lower to keep all 8 on.

Oh well I'll learn next time.
Just need to find a more appropriately shaped/sized pot for the micro tent.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
For all you non believers out there as to mozzarella's maturity.
Here are some trichome shots.

Upper bud scope

20170320 040722
20170320 040728
20170320 040732
20170320 040750
20170320 040733

Lower bud scope
20170320 040817

She is producing milky trichomes still with many clear remaining. I see barely any amber and they are on the sugar leaves only.

Latest posts

Top Bottom