• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
#wherearetheambers

lol approaching week 12 in the micro and week 11 in the mains. I'm wondering the same thing myself.

Comparing my mh flowering rounds to my hps rounds. I noticed my trich's oxidized into amber faster from the uv emission. Leading to a sooner harvest.

But last round and this round using hps. The trichomes seem to take longer to mature. This allows me to extend my flowering time into the yield peak zone before the ambers show up.

That's my belief

Definitely something to be said about checking teh trichs for maturity. Way to bring the point home. Imagine the loss in yield and quality mature trichs you would have lost had you already harvested.

That's right I wanna stress the concept. Cause the ladies throw you curveball, shrivvelled up leaves turning brown at the end and falling off, red pistols pulled in, color changes.

Those are signs she is headed there.
But like you said, if you don't keep a close eye on your trichomes you will lose on yield and resin.

Looks can be very deceiving.

They are swelling, chunking, and stacking in these final days each day. It is most noticeable during this phase.

And like you said. There would have been a good size loss if harvested sooner. Especially since I'm looking at a possible set of 12 weekers.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Here are the gals that need no introductions. Day 69 of flower.

20170321 042724
20170321 042747
20170321 042819
20170321 042340

20170321 042848

20170321 042929

20170321 042944

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Tonight is the last day of week 10 for all the gals in the main tent.
Here are today's trich shots on the beast clone entering week 11
20170321 183103
20170321 183137
20170321 183209
20170321 183234

It is also the last day of week 11 for #3 in the micro tent. Here are some trichome shots of her entering week 12.
20170321 181805
20170321 181827
20170321 181909
20170321 182112
20170321 182153
20170321 182431
20170321 182450
20170321 182533

These gals are really pushing it.
Hey @thunderfudge I thought you said these were 10 week strains :cry:

20170321 182556
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I'm no expert so this is JUST food for thought

From a high times article. I saw on a board then looked up said article

"Dr. Paul G. Mahlberg who found that THC in the resin head is at it's peak when it's still clear - not opaque and certainly not amber. Dr. Mahlberg stuck a tiny syringe into the bulbous head of the trichome and extracted it's contents, then analyzed it for THC. The result: Without a doubt, THC is at it's highest beforethe trichome turns opaque."

So I'm wondering if this has been researched a lot more. I'm wondering if it AFFECTS the EFFECTS of the high? Will the bids be slightly fluffier? Makes me think I recently bought a reserve batch of Red Congolese at Harborside health center in Oakland CA which was just under 24% THC and the first thing I noticed was "huh? Seems a little fluffy??!" BTW it was probably top 3 bud I've ever burned. Anyone have any insight on this??? I'll be going cloudy with a chance of amber until I'm convinced otherwise but I'm starting to do more digging

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I'm no expert so this is JUST food for thought

From a high times article. I saw on a board then looked up said article

"Dr. Paul G. Mahlberg who found that THC in the resin head is at it's peak when it's still clear - not opaque and certainly not amber. Dr. Mahlberg stuck a tiny syringe into the bulbous head of the trichome and extracted it's contents, then analyzed it for THC. The result: Without a doubt, THC is at it's highest beforethe trichome turns opaque."

So I'm wondering if this has been researched a lot more. I'm wondering if it AFFECTS the EFFECTS of the high? Will the bids be slightly fluffier? Makes me think I recently bought a reserve batch of Red Congolese at Harborside health center in Oakland CA which was just under 24% THC and the first thing I noticed was "huh? Seems a little fluffy??!" BTW it was probably top 3 bud I've ever burned. Anyone have any insight on this??? I'll be going cloudy with a chance of amber until I'm convinced otherwise but I'm starting to do more digging

Max thc sounds ideal for a strong high.

But harvested then would reduce your resin yield as well as overall yield and the cannabinoid profile would not be as broad.

If you wait until mostly cloudy it allows the resin glands to fill gaining you resin yield and allowing your cannabinoid profile to magnify and not just the thc. And the terpene content also becomes more complex

I personally want the larger yield and "magnified" cannabinoid profile. With the more complex terpene profile.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Max thc sounds ideal for a strong high.

But harvested then would reduce your resin yield as well as overall yield and the cannabinoid profile would not be as broad.

If you wait until mostly cloudy it allows the resin glands to fill gaining you resin yield and allowing your cannabinoid profile to magnify and not just the thc. And the terpene content also becomes more complex

I personally want the larger yield and "magnified" cannabinoid profile. With the more complex terpene profile.

See that's the kind of response I was looking for lol. Thanks rmoltis. Have never really seen it talked about much, maybe that's for good reason

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
See that's the kind of response I was looking for lol. Thanks rmoltis. Have never really seen it talked about much, maybe that's for good reason

Just remember this conversation is based on our personal opinion and experience.

So my views and others will be different.

That's why I love talking to others with different opinions. Because it offers me new ideas and perspectives to consider.

The next guy may have his own ideas.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Just remember this conversation is based on our personal opinion and experience.

So my views and others will be different.

That's why I love talking to others with different opinions. Because it offers me new ideas and perspectives to consider.

The next guy may have his own ideas.
Exactly. That's the secret to life when it comes to anything. All the info you can get the let your own brain come to a conclusion.... I'm stoned

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I'm glad you agree. :)

I don't ever want to come across as my opinion or way is the only way.
Cause it's not true.

It is just my way and opinion.
100% bro that's how you learn and grow (no pun intended). If you at just "following instructions" you aren't doing much. Anyone can just do what someone else says to do. The key is to understand and apply what you think is correct. Again , applicable to anything in life.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
The mozzarella is frosting up now her trichomes are changing.

I noticed a patch of amber on the bud up top that were very obvious bye eye. But I couldn't seem to capture te m on photo she will have to come down soon. She also doesn't have 1 white hair left.
20170322 041012

20170322 032916

She is very close, it could be 1 day or a few more. I need to keep a close eye on her.

As for the beast.
I swapped the hps for mh.
And the 2 accent led bulbs were replaced with the 2700k led bulbs.

Let's see if it makes a noticeable difference or not.

justiceman

justiceman

The mozzarella is frosting up now her trichomes are changing.

I noticed a patch of amber on the bud up top that were very obvious bye eye. But I couldn't seem to capture te m on photo she will have to come down soon. She also doesn't have 1 white hair left.
View attachment 682114
View attachment 682115
She is very close, it could be 1 day or a few more. I need to keep a close eye on her.

As for the beast.
I swapped the hps for mh.
And the 2 accent led bulbs were replaced with the 2700k led bulbs.

Let's see if it makes a noticeable difference or not.
Would you say you're noticing her finishing from the top down, and have you noticed other strains finish from the bottom up? Who doesn't like ripe cheeeeeese:smoking: It looks sooooo goooood.

I'm glad you agree. :)

I don't ever want to come across as my opinion or way is the only way.
Cause it's not true.

It is just my way and opinion.
I absolutely agree with this statement. I hope to come across in the same manner.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Would you say you're noticing her finishing from the top down, and have you noticed other strains finish from the bottom up? Who doesn't like ripe cheeeeeese:smoking: It looks sooooo goooood.

I absolutely agree with this statement. I hope to come across in the same manner.

If you look closely at the full cheese shot.

You'll notice the white frosty look starting up top and about halfway down it fades out. I'm waiting for it to reach the bottom buds. They only have frosty top tips as of now

This look is when the trich's turn milky and fatten up. They become more noticeable by eye.

I've yet to see a plant ripen from the bottom up. So far it has always been top down.

But once the bottoms match the top it's game over. I'm thinking it will be soon.

justiceman

justiceman

If you look closely at the full cheese shot.

You'll notice the white frosty look starting up top and about halfway down it fades out. I'm waiting for it to reach the bottom buds. They only have frosty top tips as of now

This look is when the trich's turn milky and fatten up. They become more noticeable by eye.

I've yet to see a plant ripen from the bottom up. So far it has always been top down.

But once the bottoms match the top it's game over. I'm thinking it will be soon.
Gotcha I totally see the halfway down fade on her now that you mention it.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today is the first day with the mh back in. And boy oh boy I can see a lot of colors.

The fuller spectrum of the mh really brings out the rainbow of colors. While enhancing the frosty look of the trichomes.

I wish I could capture it on photo but the mh creates lines :sweating:

I also staked up a few of those leaning colas. They finally leaned to hard and like 6 of em clumped In the corner. I had to bring em out for more light coverage.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I tried my best for clear mh pics.
These will just have to do.
Just remember the 2700k led bulb makes mozzarella look funky. Be assured she is still healthy.
20170322 215413
20170322 215328

The beast & beast clone trichomes are milkin up.
This may be her last week if I am lucky.

The purple haze auto looks fat and juicy like it's about to pop. She seems to be following the beasts schedule (They are both related I guess)

The amnesia lemon I noticed today her frost is becoming very acceptable. A nice blue frosty sheen is beginning to cover her tiny dense buds

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom