Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Here is a picture right before and after lights off for yesterday's update I missed.

Before lights off
20160715 120235

Lights off with camera flash
20160715 120300

Man these plants are slow growers. The bagseed #2 is most vigorous as far as new vegetation is concerned. I will tie down its 4 new growth tips after work tonight.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is a picture right before and after lights off for yesterday's update I missed.

Before lights off
View attachment 616493

Lights off with camera flash
View attachment 616494

Man these plants are slow growers. The bagseed #2 is most vigorous as far as new vegetation is concerned. I will tie down its 4 new growth tips after work tonight.
Patience is key. Cant rush a good thing. Keep in mind every time you mainline, pinch or lst, supercrop you lose some time due to them getting back on track after pruning. Slow n easy wins the race Gomer.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Patience is key. Cant rush a good thing. Keep in mind every time you mainline, pinch or lst, supercrop you lose some time due to them getting back on track after pruning. Slow n easy wins the race Gomer.

The only reason it worries me. Is because I have no planned toppings left. Which means if the bagseed#2 grows a little too vigorously. I will be forced to flip before the rest are at an optimal point.

I think the new growth tips growing in from the survival response may be slowing down the upper growth. I don't want to but if it stays slowed down I may remove them. I need energy focused on the 4 new main stems.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160715 234045
20160715 234104

I took the bonds off so I could transplant into 2 gal pots tonight.

I was looking at the different traits of each set of plants. So I wanted to take some family portraits to compare the phenotypes.

Both family's came from the same plant/bag of smoke.
Let's start with:

The Big Bagseed Family
20160715 234130
20160715 234152

Sour Dubbs × Querkle Family
20160715 234215
20160715 234259

Here are closeups of all 3 SDXQ survival responses. All in the same spots.
20160715 234330
20160715 234401
20160715 234438

On a side note the SDXQ#1 has a 5th node developing where 2 of the 4 reside.
20160716 000443

All sorts of fun stuff this round! :cool:

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I transplanted them all from 1 gallon pots into 2 gallon pots.drilled 16 holes around the rim for more flexibility of mainline training. 5 of them barely fit in the tent like the 5 on a set of dice.

Since last grow I let the roots circlet he bottom more. It kept the soil together better.

This round I transplanted sooner. Which means the root ball was less dense. Yet just starting to circle.

Some of the plants rootball partially crumbled taking small root fragments with them. The 3 SDXQ and big bagseed #1 are already showing transplant stress. Hope I didn't hurt them too bad.
20160716 024647

Next time maybe I'll water the soil more to keep it together better.

Some of the soil levels don't match. I didn't want to fill in the survival response growth tips down low over. I will wait for them to grow out then bury the stem once it's leaves are above the pot top.

The first plant to get the 4 mains tied was the big bagseed #2. It was the runt but now it's the boss lol.

Mixed up a new batch of nutes.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160717 015501

Got the rest of the plants tied down today. Hooks just barely fit around some.

Things are starting to pick up again.
I must not have hurt them too bad during transplant.

Last round I transplanted them into 2 gallon pots under a week before flip.
This round I got a 1 week lead transplanting them compared to last.

Hopefully giving them room to stretch their legs will help them fill in quicker.

The SDXQ all have very strong thick branches and big fan leaves. Every new branch growing in is forming a big set of leaves and thick new stems. This strain is perfect for mainlining.

The big bagseed siblings have skinnier branching/trunks etc. The mainline training has helped beef them up. But they still have room to grow/go.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I transplanted them all from 1 gallon pots into 2 gallon pots.drilled 16 holes around the rim for more flexibility of mainline training. 5 of them barely fit in the tent like the 5 on a set of dice.

Since last grow I let the roots circlet he bottom more. It kept the soil together better.

This round I transplanted sooner. Which means the root ball was less dense. Yet just starting to circle.

Some of the plants rootball partially crumbled taking small root fragments with them. The 3 SDXQ and big bagseed #1 are already showing transplant stress. Hope I didn't hurt them too bad.
View attachment 616675
Next time maybe I'll water the soil more to keep it together better.

Some of the soil levels don't match. I didn't want to fill in the survival response growth tips down low over. I will wait for them to grow out then bury the stem once it's leaves are above the pot top.

The first plant to get the 4 mains tied was the big bagseed #2. It was the runt but now it's the boss lol.

Mixed up a new batch of nutes.
Always water your plants at lights off the day before you plan to transplant. The moisture will help keep the soil together better when you do the transplant.

Another tip that works great for me is if the starts are in solo cups or say 1 gall pots I prep my new pot with all the goodies. Then set the pot in front of you and say if you are going from solo cup to 1 gall have your 1 gall ready then figure how much soil you need to put in the 1 gall pot be it 3 or 4 inches then set your solo cup in the middle of the 1gall pot and fill in all the soil around the empty solo cup. Rock the solo cup and twist it a bit so the surrounding soils gets slightly compacted then when your ready take the transplant out of its cup and if watered the day before it will hold its shape then you just slide that into the premade hole you made with the empty solo cup. Works like a charm and limits the stress factor on you and the plants. PS dont forget to tickle your roots a bit before dropping it in its new home.

I hope you were able to visualize what I am layin down. LOL....

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.

20160718 193333

20160718 193028

The smallest plant in the center is starting to catch up/ put some size on. Hopefully she maintains a reasonable canopy height compared to the rest.

I even raised her pot up to help her catch up being in the center with the highest light levels. She is "11 from the light while the outside plants are "15 away.

The SDXQ#3's mammoth leaves are limited on room. Man they are big leaves.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I apologize if it's been said right here somewhere and I'm just stoner-spacing out but, how old are these? When were they started?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I apologize if it's been said right here somewhere and I'm just stoner-spacing out but, how old are these? When were they started?

No need for apologies. Thanks for popping in :).

Ground breach was June 15. So as of today (July 18) They are 1 month 2 days old.

My transition from 1st grow to 2nd grow was page 17. I post daily updates so the pages add up fast.

They all have their 4 tops and I'm ready to sit back and enjoy again :cool:.

In a couple weeks or so they should be ready for flower. I'm just guessing when they will hit the "10 mark. Tallest is "2.5 above pot top, shortest is 1" above pot top.

I'm hoping they reach their goal around week 6 like 1st grow. That would be sweet if my veg time was always 1.5 months. Seems like a reasonable amount of time.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I removed the fan leaves leftover from the 2nd topping. I figured the new growth tips had come in far enough now.
20160719 033934

The SDXQ#3 in the top left corner has the biggest trunks/stems/branches/leaves of any plant in there.

I bet it would be a big yielder if I had a big enough space. I mean you wouldnt have giant stems in your genes if you weren't carrying a pretty heavy load roght?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Took those leaves I trimmed (20 total).
Pit them in the magic bullet with 8oz of milk. Then blended it up. Placed it in a pot on the stove to decarboxylation. Then strained it of green matter. It may not give me much but it'll give me something.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160719 190158
20160719 190213

I had to raise 2 pots up to keep the canopy even. As well as even light distribution.
20160719 191128

I gotta say these SDXQ plants are some slow growers. Their stems/braches/leaves are big. So each growth tip takes a while to form each new node. But once formed is giant.

The big bagseed are growing quickly as far as growth tip progression/creating new vegetation. But stems/branches/leaves are all small.

I think the difference in plant growing styles will keep them fairly even in the long run.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hey guys some of my clones have roots starting. How long do they need to be before transplanting into soil?
I'm gonna give them a max of 7 more days. Some are only 1-2mm long.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.

20160720 220622

20160720 220658

20160720 220748

They all got another feeding of nutes today. The nutes seemed extra potent today. Lots of life inside it seemed. As well as a fishy smell from the neptunes harvest.

I now have the nute bottle full of bleach water with the airstone and tube inside for sterilization. Followed by a fresh nutrient mixture.

2 of the clones have root starts. The rest are still forming.

Big bagseed #1
20160720 221532

SDXQ #3
20160720 221552

So when can I plant them in soil guys?
How big does the new root system need to be?

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Hey guys some of my clones have roots starting. How long do they need to be before transplanting into soil?
I'm gonna give them a max of 7 more days. Some are only 1-2mm long.
I always run cuttings in my Turbo Klone aeroponic cloner for 2 weeks before going to soil, although I had a little stoner mix-up on my last GG #4's and I let them go for 3 weeks. What the hell, I had a nice root system started by the time I planted them anyway. lol
Hope that helps. :happy:

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

So when can I plant them in soil guys?
How big does the new root system need to be?
They would take off and grow from what you have there, I'm sure. I've planted them from my TK before with just nubs started on them, back when I first started using it. They would probably like to have a little more going first but, it's not really necessary.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I always run cuttings in my Turbo Klone aeroponic cloner for 2 weeks before going to soil, although I had a little stoner mix-up on my last GG #4's and I let them go for 3 weeks. What the hell, I had a nice root system started by the time I planted them anyway. lol
Hope that helps. :happy:

You must have a quicker rooting system developed. I need to order some earth juice rootstock additive for my reservoir.

This round it was just water. Once roots formed I started adding a splash of my aerated nutrients.

These clones will be ready far too soon compared with the upper chamber that hasn't even started flowering yet lol. Choices.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
They would take off and grow from what you have there, I'm sure. I've planted them from my TK before with just nubs started on them, back when I first started using it. They would probably like to have a little more going first but, it's not really necessary.

So planting those 2 would be ok? As long as I keep the soil from drying out right?

I don't want them to die coming home from work realizing the roots have dried up.

This Is gonna be my first set of rooted clones. I'm just nervous.

Top Bottom