Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Papa Indica

Papa Indica

So planting those 2 would be ok? As long as I keep the soil from drying out right?

I don't want them to die coming home from work realizing the roots have dried up.

This Is gonna be my first set of rooted clones. I'm just nervous.
Once they're planted you should treat them like any other cannabis plant and let them cycle through wet and dry.
One of the first times I used my cloner I planted my cuts after they produced some good nubs, then, after only a couple days I discovered the plant being cloned was a herm and I said fuck it and dumped it all. I pulled those clones from their cups to see how they had done and they had taken ahold like crazy already, I was quite impressed.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Once they're planted you should treat them like any other cannabis plant and let them cycle through wet and dry.
One of the first times I used my cloner I planted my cuts after they produced some good nubs, then, after only a couple days I discovered the plant being cloned was a herm and I said fuck it and dumped it all. I pulled those clones from their cups to see how they had done and they had taken ahold like crazy already, I was quite impressed.

Thanks for the inspiration @Papa Indica .
20160721 000242

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I sanitized my nutrient bubbler today.
I filled it with water then added lots of bleach. Scrubbed my airstone with a bristle brush to remove buildup.
Then submerged the stone in the bleach water and bubbled air through it to mix it up/agitate.

Here is the clean bubbler. With fresh water in it.
20160721 004536

And here is it with a fresh batch of nutes.
20160721 010745

The earth juice catalyst gives these nutes such a sweet smell when bubbling. I guess the molasses helps too.

On a side note. I have been feeding them everytime their soil dries out. Some people go feed, water, water, feed etc. But I have had no ill effects as of yet (1month 6 days). The only thing that just crept up was a tiny yellow spot on a couple leaf tips on 1 plant the SDXQ#2
20160721 004723

And even then it is very minor. I'm gonna remove neptunes harvest from the nutes until they gain more foliage. That oughta bring the nitrogen content down.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160721 195248

20160721 195200

20160721 195822

I removed the extra fan leaves from the big bagseed family. To keep them even with the SDXQ family. They were looking like mini bushes. And my training is focusing on opening up the canopy to let light get evenly to all new main stems.

Then I readjusted all the bonds on all the plants. As the branches thicken up they pull up on the pipe cleaners. So they require daily attention.

The 2 clones put into soil:
20160721 195638

The SDXQ started wilting within 30 minutes of transplant into soil. I think it's because it's roots needed better development. But the big bagseed is doing great because I think it's root system was more well established.

Transplant process was I filled 4" pots with soil. Dug out a hole with my finger of appropriate size to accommodate each one relative to its size.

Then I held the clone in the hole while gently back filling with soil. Then I saturated the media with water in a spray bottle until I got runoff out of the bottom. I did this to 1 plant at a time to ensure roots didn't dry out while I did the other.

So next time I will let the roots get at least an inch long.

I hope the SDXQ#3 clone pulls through because it's the plant I want to clone most so far (without knowing sex).

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160722 202907

20160722 202949

20160722 203051

Looking good so far.

Tallest plant is "4.
Shortest is "2.5

Approximately "6 left to go. If they are very slow growers with little stretch in flower (like how slow they are in veg). Maybe I can push them a few inches taller. But there's no real way for me to know until after its been set in motion.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160723 214218

20160723 214300

20160723 214327

Yesterday I gave them a full water drench.

I also finagled the light fixture wire to give it an extra "1 drop. They responded overnight very well.

Then I readjusted all the bonds onto new locations. I did this because some of the leaves are so fat they are overlapping each other. This means they need to be spread apart a little farther. So when the cola's grow in they will have access for light to get in.

This also brings extra veg time by bringing the mains lower again.

The 2 transplanted clones.
20160723 214359

The bigger one is perking up as the soil is drying more from the initial transplant drench.

The wilted one still has a tiny green part on top. I think it's main growth tip is forming new growth. I have my fingers crossed that it may survive to become a strong awesome new plant.

The big bagseed#2 in the jacuzzi has 2 or 3 roots over "1 long each. It it just about ready for transplant. That will leave 2 left in the jacuzzi.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Today's update.
View attachment 618070
View attachment 618071
View attachment 618075

I removed the extra fan leaves from the big bagseed family. To keep them even with the SDXQ family. They were looking like mini bushes. And my training is focusing on opening up the canopy to let light get evenly to all new main stems.

Then I readjusted all the bonds on all the plants. As the branches thicken up they pull up on the pipe cleaners. So they require daily attention.

The 2 clones put into soil:
View attachment 618074

The SDXQ started wilting within 30 minutes of transplant into soil. I think it's because it's roots needed better development. But the big bagseed is doing great because I think it's root system was more well established.

Transplant process was I filled 4" pots with soil. Dug out a hole with my finger of appropriate size to accommodate each one relative to its size.

Then I held the clone in the hole while gently back filling with soil. Then I saturated the media with water in a spray bottle until I got runoff out of the bottom. I did this to 1 plant at a time to ensure roots didn't dry out while I did the other.

So next time I will let the roots get at least an inch long.

I hope the SDXQ#3 clone pulls through because it's the plant I want to clone most so far (without knowing sex).
Nice technique.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Nice technique.

Thx I do enjoy this technique very much. After watching them grow I have this idea of how it works.

My idea is that as you top, train and defoliate. The vegetation stays small while the rootball grows.

Once the rootball grows past the point of supplying enough for the existing vegetation. I believe that the volume of liquid running through the branches/stems increases. Now as this volume increases I believe the pressure of the liquid inside these stems increases since water is transported up and out through the leaves.
But there are less leaves so the transpiration is held back creating pressure.

I believe it is this pressure that helps expand the branches/stems to a more optimal size.

So all the vegetative training is focused on creating thick stems while allowing the roots to grow to a point of surplus. keeping overall plant heights low.
To produce quality smoke.

If I let grow straight up with 1 main stem it would be a lot taller but have weak skinny branches still.

I'm trying to make these gals buff.
I may give them good temps, rh, lighting, nutrients etc.

But they still need the struggle to survive. Things must be hard. Or else they will be weak towards the end. So training takes care of that. Leading to healthy well developed children (plants).

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160724 195913

20160724 195931

20160724 195957

The big bagseed #1 was no longer the runt. So I moved it from the center to the lower right. It was switched with the SDXQ#1 since it was now the new shorty.
Canopy is still fairly uniform.

The big bagseed#1 clone has resumed growth and is praying well.
20160724 202202

The SDXQ#3 is still struggling to survive but alive (fingers still crossed)

And the freshest transplant big bagseed#2 still has a couple days before it resumes growth.

Last edited:
Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Thanks for the inspiration @Papa Indica .
View attachment 617800
Glad I could help. :smug: I hope it works out well for you. I always let them grow out pretty long now, 2 weeks in my Turbo Klone using Clonex rooting gel dip to start and Clonex cloning solution in my reservoir.
As long as I keep the reservoir clean and my pH on point I can get some beautiful roots in that machine. :happy:

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
One last major defoliation.
20160725 215141

20160725 215200

20160725 215225

In efforts to reduce crowding I trimmed the lowest 8 fan leaves of each plant but left the new growth tips. I may want those for clones later on.

I also freed them from their bonds. Time for them to be free. They grow up so fast.

5 more days it will be the 6 week mark.
I'm guessing between week 6 and 7 they will be the right height for flip.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Here is my 40 leaf milk smoothie.
20160725 231743

I didn't cook it this time. I wanted more medicinal value.

Last edited:
Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I've been doing a nice, big fruit smoothie every day for my breakfast, I need to start adding some weed to it, some leaf I guess would be the thing, could be beneficial for me.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I've been doing a nice, big fruit smoothie every day for my breakfast, I need to start adding some weed to it, some leaf I guess would be the thing, could be beneficial for me.

Mmm I like fruit+veggie smoothies. They are delicious once you find the right combos. Adding some weed leaves I bet would be good for your health.

Hey congrats on quitting cigarettes chief. From all I've seen/grown up around. It is one of/the worst habit to kick. I bet you feel great .

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
They sure do grow fast, but it looks like you have `em under your green thumb. Looking good.

Thanks for popping in @yooper420 .
I've been keeping an eye on you're thread it is awesome!

These plants are coming along nicely. There is a shorty I'm trying to bring up to par with the others.

I have a shorter vertical height than you're space I'm assuming (30" from pot top to max height of light fixture without heat buffer).

Being in a small tent I don't have much room to let them bush out.
So mainlining helps me accomplish my goal of thinning the bushes to accommodate them all while giving me many top cola's. Keeping the plants from competing with the other.

If I had my way I would not trim or defoliate once all planned tops were there. I'd let them bush out quite a lot.

But so far this method works for my space.

Today the highest tops were around 5". So just 5" more to go before flip :).

I also have my photoperiod at 15/9.
Have been tapering off as I approach flower. Will go 14/10, 13/11. If the schedule isn't at 12/12 by the time my desired height is reached I will just go straight to 12/12 from wherever I'm at.

I'm very excited. I hope I get 2 or more females this round. Can't wait to see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom