Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
LOL Mine will always be bigger than yours.:p Once I get this run finished up and all the strains I'm running I will take you up on that challenge. A tent would be a great way to house 1 giant. Game on!!!!

I'll help you find that giant pot.
I was checkin em out after I bought your tent.

You can fit a 75-100gal pot in your tent. You would just need a tray to catch runoff, no way your moving it once established.

I have a pipe cleaner stuck in the soil drain hole bent to the floor where runoff collects. But wicks up remaining fluids in the drip tray as the soil dries.
20170131 231141

Works very well.

mandalaman

mandalaman

thank you for that info. crazy, so its probably even cheaper to make, yet still get 60 a gram. shrugs. either way, its going in blueberry muffin mix, heh.. sounds so good. unless something better pops up between then.

so i should go with the indica name one if anything just to be sure that is the high i get if they are adding it back in.

seems like home made rosin is the way to go for home use, and at least you know whats in it.

chris.

That's the conclusion I've come to also. Especially checking out @DemonTrich and what he's doing with his Harbor Freight/Low Temp Plates.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
thank you so much. so i will go ahead and do 2 1/2 tbsp will compromise. maybe ill get some good sleep tomorrow night.
im just gonna cheat and pick up some blueberry muffins at the bakery at the store when i go get some real butter sticks. then when i get some stock up herb i can play with oils and edibles more.. right now im looking for a quick fix for my how i feel. laughs.
chris.

Hey bro if you want that quick fix add all the butter to 1 muffin. This 1st edible if decarbed should be one for your record books.

Especially since you said you haven't dabbled in dabs yet. You'll soon find the medicinal value in concentrates.

I would make sure you get a clip on thermometer so you can monitor the butter temps as you decarb. It's a $5-$8 investment that ensures you don't burn your butter. May be tough to use with 2.5tbsp of butter hmm... You'd have to tilt the pan to probe the butter lol.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Most oil is sold non-decarbed.

But is easily activated after purchase.

If you add it to food I personally don't cook it into anything over 200-220°
You can vaporize the good stuff and it won't work when eaten.

The less heat the better.

For example rice Krispy treats is my go to low temp canna recipe.
You melt the marshmallows on lowered heat. Then stir/mix in your canna infused butter into the marshmallows, stir in rice Krispy then pour in Pyrex pan.

Once in butter you can add it to oatmeal, toast, or warm up a muffin then melt the canna butter over it.
Have you ever tried adding Letichen to any of your mixes. It has long been known that it allows and facilitates faster absorption and more thorough passage of all of the cannibinoids via the blood brain barrier.

It is neutral in taste so it doesn't add any flavors you don't want to your edibles or rso.

It will take your edibles to another level.

Here is a video how to make it using letichen

Here is also a write up by HT mag concerning it follow the link for a good read. @rmoltis your mom starting using it and it really does take things to another level. Enjoy!!!!

http://hightimes.com/edibles/ultimate-cannabutter-experiment-method-2/

jipp

jipp

well good news i have a meat thermometer that will work do you know what temp off the top of you head i want to reach , yeah its gonna be a small batch. but whatever, it i s what it is. i think i will split it up into two servings.. i have a hard time swallowing the fact im eating a 60.00 muffin.

lol.
but i digress. i look forward to any kind of escape that is for sure.. so tomorrow night if i can get to the distrib, im going to the moon!

thanks bro.
chris.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'll help you find that giant pot.
I was checkin em out after I bought your tent.

You can fit a 75-100gal pot in your tent. You would just need a tray to catch runoff, no way your moving it once established.

I have a pipe cleaner stuck in the soil drain hole bent to the floor where runoff collects. But wicks up remaining fluids in the drip tray as the soil dries.View attachment 664413
Works very well.
I use a small shop vac to clean up my runoff after feeding or watering. Works great. Let me know what you find as far as a suitable pot so I can check it out. Since it would have a large volume of soil I would need at least enough room to train/last around the entire perimeter.....

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
well good news i have a meat thermometer that will work do you know what temp off the top of you head i want to reach , yeah its gonna be a small batch. but whatever, it i s what it is. i think i will split it up into two servings.. i have a hard time swallowing the fact im eating a 60.00 muffin.

lol.
but i digress. i look forward to any kind of escape that is for sure.. so tomorrow night if i can get to the distrib, im going to the moon!

thanks bro.
chris.

You'll want to hit 220f°
You'll want the butter to warm up slow. Put your electric stove on 1 let it sit for 10minutes and measure the temp.
Don't touch the pan you'll get a false reading.

Slowly adjust the stove knob and wait 10 mins each time to ensure the temp doesn't skyrocket then remeasure.

Once you get to 210-230° and it stays there (not going up or down) add your oil. When it decarbs you may notice a small amount of bubbling or foaming. Once the bubbles and foam have stopped your good to go.

jipp

jipp

You'll want to hit 220f°
You'll want the butter to warm up slow. Put your electric stove on 1 let it sit for 10minutes and measure the temp.
Don't touch the pan you'll get a false reading.

Slowly adjust the stove knob and wait 10 mins each time to ensure the temp doesn't skyrocket then remeasure.

Once you get to 210-230° and it stays there (not going up or down) add your oil. When it decarbs you may notice a small amount of bubbling or foaming. Once the bubbles and foam have stopped your good to go.

sounds easy enough. thanks you. . the dispensary will be like.. you probably get more dabs out of that,than butter :D.

chris.

chris.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I use a small shop vac to clean up my runoff after feeding or watering. Works great. Let me know what you find as far as a suitable pot so I can check it out. Since it would have a large volume of soil I would need at least enough room to train/last around the entire perimeter.....

Here's a good site for big pots.
Not sure if they sell singles tho.
http://www.cherokeemfg.com/product/nursery-containers/
This 100 gal on their site should fit nicely.
Screenshot 20170131 234033

100 gal smart pots are easier to find but have no place to tie off too.
If forced to buy a fabric pot you'll have to make a pvc frame around the pot for training tie down. They are cheaper too. Just need that giant drip tray.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Have you ever tried adding Letichen to any of your mixes. It has long been known that it allows and facilitates faster absorption and more thorough passage of all of the cannibinoids via the blood brain barrier.

It is neutral in taste so it doesn't add any flavors you don't want to your edibles or rso.

It will take your edibles to another level.

Here is a video how to make it using letichen

Here is also a write up by HT mag concerning it follow the link for a good read. @rmoltis your mom starting using it and it really does take things to another level. Enjoy!!!!

http://hightimes.com/edibles/ultimate-cannabutter-experiment-method-2/
I discovered for some reason soy lecithin upsets my GI. I'm definitely the exception to the rule and for the most part people had only good things to say about the ones we made with soy lec.

Edit: maybe I'm not talking the same thing. I'll check that out further.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I discovered for some reason soy lecithin upsets my GI. I'm definitely the exception to the rule and for the most part people had only good things to say about the ones we made with soy lec.

I wasn't a fan either.
My diet is high protein high fat cause I'm always so lean. And is good at breaking down fats.

So the soy lecithin is unnecessary to me as well. Eating on an empty stomach first thing in the morning is very effective for me.

incogneato

incogneato

Ya he really does have the touch. He got that from me LMAO What you can't see from the canopy spread is the 25 gallon home depot tub this bullfighter was trained in she measured apprx 5' across. Hes trying to beat me. Not any time in the near future Son. Better pack a lunch and a bag o chips. :p
She yielded 1.85 units :)

View attachment 664358
Impressive! What kind of light did you have her under?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Let me know what you find as far as a suitable pot so I can check it out. Since it would have a large volume of soil I would need at least enough room to train/last around the entire perimeter.....

Here's a good site for big pots.
Not sure if they sell singles tho.
http://www.cherokeemfg.com/product/nursery-containers/
This 100 gal on their site should fit nicely.
View attachment 664427

100 gal smart pots are easier to find but have no place to tie off too.
If forced to buy a fabric pot you'll have to make a pvc frame around the pot for training tie down. They are cheaper too. Just need that giant drip tray.

I used their site and sent them a question on if they do single item purchases to customers and if so how much for the 100 gal including shipping.

We will see if they get back to us.

incogneato

incogneato

lol.

thanks bro.
chris.
I haven't ever made edibles with oil or dabs but ive been making them with flowers for a long time. If you dont mind me chiming in, my opinion would be to buy a 1/4 with that same $60 and make some coconut oil with it. I just made a batch with my pink diesel x amnesia auto harvest. I decarbed 7g flower and 1g trim, put it in a mason jar with 2/3 cup coconut oil and a cup or so of water. Stir it up good put it in a pot of boiling water and double boiled it for about 2-3 hours stirring occasionally. I check to make sure it doesnt get too hot with a meat thermometer but it never gets close. I use a square of clean t shirt to filter out the plant material, squeeze all that goodness out! After that let it cool down and put it in the fridge overnight. Next day dump ou the water and keep the oil. The water helps keep the temps good and it filters out some of the chlorophyll. I was going to make brownies with it but started using it in cappucinos and liked it more than eating it. As far as dosing, there are 139 grams of oil in 2/3 cup of coconut oil and the begginer dose is 4 grams or a tsp of the canna oil. I gave an old hippy at work 7g and he had to sit down for awhile. It seems to kick in faster being in a warm beverage as opposed to digesting the food it was in first. At least this way if you did 7-10g of the canna oil you would get 10-20 doses for your same $60. Just my 2 pennies

Top Bottom