• Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi @GreenScreen thx for popping in.

Sorry to hear your plans are on hold.
The plus side to this is that you have plenty of time to plan and accumulate parts/pieces for your tent op. That way when the time comes you'll be ready to go the 1st day that you decide you're ready.

The 1st day I started. I felt as if each harvest would take forever(3-4months).

Now I'm antsy in anticipation for my grow to hit the finish line. Looking back on it, time flies!

What luck I had finding a beautiful female in some bagseed She is very colorful. And everyday I check in on her. She stacks more and more trichomes while laying on the funk.
Her smell is undefinable. I can't pinpoint what I'm smelling. It just reminds me of a strain at a Washington state cannabis farmers market many moons ago. That won some sort of event for that strain (local small event not cannabis cup).

I must say though that I just can't get enough of her smell. It is so unique and delicious. Once I touch the flowers. My fingers take on a rich smell, like trichomes off some fire.

I personally don't think this phenotype deserved to be bagseed. And I would have loved to keep clones of her. But we may go on an anniversary trip. Which means I can't start next round until it is over, or alternatively if we decide not to take said trip.
Start your next growwwww ............ Send the wifey on the cruise by herself LOL!!!!!! Tell the wife I was just kidding. :p

Cactus needs to duck and cover when the wifey gets wind of that comment!!!!

Minitiger

Minitiger

Hi @GreenScreen thx for popping in.

Sorry to hear your plans are on hold.
The plus side to this is that you have plenty of time to plan and accumulate parts/pieces for your tent op. That way when the time comes you'll be ready to go the 1st day that you decide you're ready.

The 1st day I started. I felt as if each harvest would take forever(3-4months).

Now I'm antsy in anticipation for my grow to hit the finish line. Looking back on it, time flies!

What luck I had finding a beautiful female in some bagseed She is very colorful. And everyday I check in on her. She stacks more and more trichomes while laying on the funk.
Her smell is undefinable. I can't pinpoint what I'm smelling. It just reminds me of a strain at a Washington state cannabis farmers market many moons ago. That won some sort of event for that strain (local small event not cannabis cup).

I must say though that I just can't get enough of her smell. It is so unique and delicious. Once I touch the flowers. My fingers take on a rich smell, like trichomes off some fire.

I personally don't think this phenotype deserved to be bagseed. And I would have loved to keep clones of her. But we may go on an anniversary trip. Which means I can't start next round until it is over, or alternatively if we decide not to take said trip.

Man, just because it's bag seed doesn't mean it can't be fire. Plenty of strains (read: most haha) started from bag seed. If it's fire, it's fire. Ya know? Who cares where it came from. Good thing you got a whole shitload more seeds to go through, should be pretty fun.

@jumpincactus Just outta curiosity, what traits are you noticing that reminds you of Blueberry? Never grown Blueberry, so I'm just curious what you're seeing that seems, uh, Blueberry-esque haha. Love learnin' new things....

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Man, just because it's bag seed doesn't mean it can't be fire. Plenty of strains (read: most haha) started from bag seed. If it's fire, it's fire. Ya know? Who cares where it came from. Good thing you got a whole shitload more seeds to go through, should be pretty fun.

@jumpincactus Just outta curiosity, what traits are you noticing that reminds you of Blueberry? Never grown Blueberry, so I'm just curious what you're seeing that seems, uh, Blueberry-esque haha. Love learnin' new things....
Structure and coloration is what I'm seeing. Fudge has a much better eye than eye thats why I am hoping he might have some input. Hard to know for sure it just reminds me of some blueberry plants I have seen over the years!!!

And as you duly noted some of the best erb I have ever smoked was bagseed from somewhere. Some real gems can be found in mystery seeds............... Too many would pass on bagseed cause it doesnt carry some crazy names and crosses. .....There isnt a seed I would not give a chance at least once!!!

Well mabye some rudys but you get my point

Minitiger

Minitiger

Structure and coloration is what I'm seeing. Fudge has a much better eye than eye thats why I am hoping he might have some input. Hard to know for sure it just reminds me of some blueberry plants I have seen over the years!!!

And as you duly noted some of the best erb I have ever smoked was bagseed from somewhere. Some real gems can be found in mystery seeds............... Too many would pass on bagseed cause it doesnt carry some crazy names and crosses. .....There isnt a seed I would not give a chance at least once!!!

Well mabye some rudys but you get my point

Yeah, I definitely get yer point. I have a BUNCH of "bagseeds" that came from super-fire herbs (the first one that springs to mind is four or five Cherry Bomb seeds, but I have a lot more from multiple strains), but I also have a shitload of seeds that I paid for, so I figure I oughta run those first.

I'll get around to the bag seeds eventually.... But I agree with you (or I agree with you agreeing with me haha): You never know what might happen with bagseeds. Fire is very possible. And it does seem like a lot of fun to pop some Mystery Seed-type shit haha!

Btw, @rmoltis Plant is looking great. I will absolutely try a little mainlining action next run. Those four fat-ass colas are makin' me drool.....

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I would be curious @rmoltis if you would take a pic showing that one cola on the right the largest looking one in the last pic you posted and hold an object with a known dimension ( coke bottle beer can etc. to put the size of that donkey dick into relation. Plz plz pretty please. :cool:

Now that you have your feet wet with a grow keep in mind all that labor is for naught if you dont nail a good dry n cure for your buds. The method I use and we talked about works dynamite. PM or call me if you forgot!!!

Minitiger

Minitiger

I would be curious @rmoltis if you would take a pic showing that one cola on the right the largest looking one in the last pic you posted and hold an object with a known dimension ( coke bottle beer can etc. to put the size of that donkey dick into relation. Plz plz pretty please. :cool:

Now that you have your feet wet with a grow keep in mind all that labor is for naught if you dont nail a good dry n cure for your buds. The method I use and we talked about works dynamite. PM or call me if you forgot!!!

If you don't mind @jumpincactus can you post your drying method here? Or pm me your method? Cuz I lost like 3/5 of my last crop due to a drying mishap. Big-time bummer and I'm already kinda stressing (or as much as I'm capable of stressing, anyway haha) about how I'm gonna do this when my next run finishes. I was thinking of using @hiiipower 's "cardboard box" method, but I'm open to anybody's way of drying. I DO NOT wanna go through the same thing this time that I went through last time haha. Lost at least a half of a pound last time and probably even more when all was said and done.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
If you don't mind @jumpincactus can you post your drying method here? Or pm me your method? Cuz I lost like 3/5 of my last crop due to a drying mishap. Big-time bummer and I'm already kinda stressing (or as much as I'm capable of stressing, anyway haha) about how I'm gonna do this when my next run finishes. I was thinking of using @hiiipower 's "cardboard box" method, but I'm open to anybody's way of drying. I DO NOT wanna go through the same thing this time that I went through last time haha. Lost at least a half of a pound last time and probably even more when all was said and done.
I was just checking in after a brutal side job today. I will post what I do tomorrow. wrung out......Keep in mind, start with my basic format and tailor it to you situation and enviros. I pretty much and my patients think as well, I have dryn n curing down. Not to blow my own horn so to speak, but no one I showed how I cure has ever had anything but positive reports................ I will close like this, if your gonna put 2-4 months of you love, devotion and interest in and at the finish line skimp on the dry n cure, I would say why even bother? The true potential of the genetic line are truly only realized with a correct cure...... I will hit the site up tomorrow and post it up. Peace and thanks for reaching out. Seen lots of peeps ruin a killer harvest............ :cry:

Again, it aint rocket science, but the same or better effort needs to be put into the drying and curing if you want top shelf smoke,,,, Strain and grower dependent of course.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Day 89 (42nd day of flower)

I'm at work posting this update.
So I'll have to wait until I get home to upload pictures off my camera that I took yesterday.

But a quick rundown.

I switched the light bulb from hps to mh last night. I wanna explore the myth that it helps resin production and flavor by supplying a full light spectrum and uv rays

Scoping my lady I found %.25 amber trichomes barely any at all. But they send me the sign that she is headed towards the end.

I started the flush yesterday.
Using water, molasses, biozeus.

I'll post some pics after work

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter

Continuing from the earlier post.
These posts reflect on yesterday.
2016 0502 23422100

2016 0502 23451200

2016 0502 23462400

2016 0502 23371300

2016 0502 23375900

2016 0502 23392900

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

I'm at work posting this update.
So I'll have to wait until I get home to upload pictures off my camera that I took yesterday.

But a quick rundown.

I switched the light bulb from hps to mh last night. I wanna explore the myth that it helps resin production and flavor by supplying a full light spectrum and uv rays

Scoping my lady I found %.25 amber trichomes barely any at all. But they send me the sign that she is headed towards the end.

I started the flush yesterday.
Using water, molasses, biozeus.

Only tidbit I would add @rmoltis is as they go amber on you, your thc is actually starting to degrade by this point. I typically harvest once all are cloudy and just a scattering of amber. Everyone has their own levels. But even at the cloudy stage technically thc has begun to degrade. strain dependent you can take a pure sative or a sativa dom hybrid and let them go amber to calm the raciness of the sativa high. It's all about personal preference.!!!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Only tidbit I would add @rmoltis is as they go amber on you, your thc is actually starting to degrade by this point. I typically harvest once all are cloudy and just a scattering of amber. Everyone has their own levels. But even at the cloudy stage technically thc has begun to degrade. strain dependent you can take a pure sative or a sativa dom hybrid and let them go amber to calm the raciness of the sativa high. It's all about personal preference.!!!

I understand.
Just to clarify. My above post said .25% not 25%.

I have maybe 10 amber trichomes on each cola top but nowhere else yet.
I'm giving her 1-2 more weeks depending on what I see.

I also changed my light cycle to 10/14.
If it goes to 2 weeks I'll drop it to 9/15 the last week.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Job well done @rmoltis, when you zoom on the pics the buds look really nice and tasty.

What's she smell like?
Floral and berry at all? That looks exactly like a blueberry hybrid to me.

W/e she smells like, enjoy!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Job well done @rmoltis, when you zoom on the pics the buds look really nice and tasty.

What's she smell like?
Floral and berry at all? That looks exactly like a blueberry hybrid to me.

W/e she smells like, enjoy!

I'm having a really tough time pinpointing this delicious smell.

It draws me in over and over again to smell with deeps slow nostril breathing.

It just reminds me of trichome stank off of some fire bud.

Once I touch and squeeze a flower I can pickup a different smell.
Floral and Berry is a good descriptor of the smell I get on my fingers.

20160505 225841

That pic is slightly red from my camera flash. The background light is mh it should be blue/white.

I just noticed today my tallest cola is only 3" from the light fixture.
And no sign of light burn or anything.
20160505 231611

The other 3 cola's are about 4"-5" away
This cool tube is sweet!

Last edited:
OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

Nice man glad to see it worked out for ya the beat it could with the one girl. Bet your pumped to start fresh. Good job on you log man I still look back at it for info on my first grow.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Nice man glad to see it worked out for ya the beat it could with the one girl. Bet your pumped to start fresh. Good job on you log man I still look back at it for info on my first grow.

Thx man.
Yeah I'm very lucky I got at least 1 good girl. She is a week or so from harvest. After replacing the hps with the mh bulb in there she started putting on some extra frost.

She is beautiful. Purple, pungent, earthy, Berry, sticky, dense flowers, very sturdy structure (branches). The 4 cola tops are looking delicious.
And the trichomes are looking just about ready for harvest.

I'm getting really excited to have some homegrown organic bud to smoke. I'm sure it will be great.

My bagseed stash has grown by 2 more today as well. They are big beans.
View attachment 597978

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom