bagseed and spacewrangler trip with mars hydro

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i could put the 3 healthy ones in the 4x4 i will be updating the spiderfarmer thread with pics shortly and start some new seeds in the 2x4 might run some more kush auto because i am gonna need the 2x4 come harvest time lol

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

If you were repotting a big plant lets say into a 3 gallon or 5 gallon and it had big robust roots then it would push into that chunky Kellogg no problem. But when they are sprouts its like trying to climb mount Everest for their little root filaments. They struggle to pull nutrients out of literal wood chunks.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

well i hope the other ones that are mixxed with ffof will be ok
I promise you those ones will do better. Adding that ocean forrest will put the fluffy finer soil in between the wood chunks so it will allow those little filaments to navigate their way through and uptake nutrients during the process.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

If you were repotting a big plant lets say into a 3 gallon or 5 gallon and it had big robust roots then it would push into that chunky Kellogg no problem. But when they are sprouts its like trying to climb mount Everest for their little root filaments. They struggle to pull nutrients out of literal wood chunks.
i get what your saying about that

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I promise you those ones will do better. Adding that ocean forrest will put the fluffy finer soil in between the wood chunks so it will allow those little filaments to navigate their way through and uptake nutrients during the process.
will they eventually catch up ?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

will they eventually catch up ?
So there is a way to give those guys an assist. Since the roots aren't pulling up proper nutrients in that chunky soil you can start to give them a tiny tiny little bit of dissolvable feed in their water. Most people will say you should never feed the tiny sprouts and usually they are correct. However in this unique situation the chunky wood chips are just not allowing any good nutritional uptake so therefore the plants will likely start to show signs of Nitrate deficiency. They will start to get a little bigger but the leaves will start to turn yellow. As soon as you start to see that yellow fade that is the time you should start ever so slightly adding a tiny tiny bit of veg fertilizer and CalMag in the water. Just enough of each to just barely change the color of the water to your naked eye. Mix it in a clear glass so you can hold it up to the light and give it a look, you don't do to give them too much. Start with that for the first few waterings and watch the plant. If its still staying yellow then next time you mix give it a tiny kiss more. Look at your water color and mix it a tad darker than the last time.

If you keep doing this very slowly and gradually you should eventually start to see the green color flush back into the leaves. Once the leaves turn healthy green you can stop. Let the plant start to catch up eventually once it gets to a descent size it will be able to start pushing through the Kellogg chunk easier.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

So there is a way to give those guys an assist. Since the roots aren't pulling up proper nutrients in that chunky soil you can start to give them a tiny tiny little bit of dissolvable feed in their water. Most people will say you should never feed the tiny sprouts and usually they are correct. However in this unique situation the chunky wood chips are just not allowing any good nutritional uptake so therefore the plants will likely start to show signs of Nitrate deficiency. They will start to get a little bigger but the leaves will start to turn yellow. As soon as you start to see that yellow fade that is the time you should start ever so slightly adding a tiny tiny bit of veg fertilizer and CalMag in the water. Just enough of each to just barely change the color of the water to your naked eye. Mix it in a clear glass so you can hold it up to the light and give it a look, you don't do to give them too much. Start with that for the first few waterings and watch the plant. If its still staying yellow then next time you mix give it a tiny kiss more. Look at your water color and mix it a tad darker than the last time.

If you keep doing this very slowly and gradually you should eventually start to see the green color flush back into the leaves. Once the leaves turn healthy green you can stop. Let the plant start to catch up eventually once it gets to a descent size it will be able to start pushing through the Kellogg chunk easier.
well i already put 2tbs pf all purpose in that gallon of soil in the fabric pots

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i noticed the other day when i went to water them that the water seemed like it went straight through and out the bottom but i only watered around the plant not on the new soil

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

i noticed the other day when i went to water them that the water seemed like it went straight through and out the bottom but i only watered around the plant not on the new soil
Yes thats because the water retention in the Kellogg is shitty. There isn't enough pete or other finer fluffy material to wick and hold moisture so most of it drips through. I know Im a hater of that Kellogg but in actuality its has its purpose its a great cheap filler soil that can be cut with other ingredients to make it good. Its only shitty when used by itself especially for seed propagation. Its like trying to use a screwdriver to drive in a nail instead of a hammer. Both tools have their purpose but you gotta use the correct one for the correct application. Unfortunately you didn't know this about the Kellogg but its OK live and learn I made that exact same mistake once too. Its such a cheap an readily available soil at Home Depot Im sure there are many people that have done the same LOL. I know a lot of people on here hate on them but I personally prefer the jiffy medium sized pete pellets when starting seeds. I go from paper-towel to Jiffy pellet. As soon as I see the first roots poking out the bottom of the Jiffy pellet I then transfer to solo cups. Thats my method for years and for now Im sticking with it.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

well i already put 2tbs pf all purpose in that gallon of soil in the fabric pots
OK well thats good maybe in that case the little sprouts in that Kellogg chunk will do better cuz there is some extra feed added. If they start to yellow and struggle you still may want to give them a touch of water blended feed to help them. Let the plant tell you first dont feed it unless it starts to struggle.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

just wondering when i should start to turn the light up it is still on the lowest setting could i go up to maybe 20 percent ? i will be getting a light meter in about 3 weeks

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

just wondering when i should start to turn the light up it is still on the lowest setting could i go up to maybe 20 percent ? i will be getting a light meter in about 3 weeks
Can you turn it up in smaller intervals? For example my light has the ability to slowly turn it up I will turn it tiny increments. Like less than 5% at a time. Can yours do that?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Can you turn it up in smaller intervals? For example my light has the ability to slowly turn it up I will turn it tiny increments. Like less than 5% at a time. Can yours do that?
Yea like 5 or 10 percent at a time

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i watered with a half gallon of water divide between the 3
1 tsp grow big
ph 6.4 ppm 640
20211224 185515
20211224 185444
20211224 185450
20211224 185455

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

24 hours after watering with 1 tbs of grow big in the water there is also 2 tbs of happy frog all purpose in the soil seems like water just goes straight through
20211225 232627
20211225 232631
20211225 232636

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

OK well thats good maybe in that case the little sprouts in that Kellogg chunk will do better cuz there is some extra feed added. If they start to yellow and struggle you still may want to give them a touch of water blended feed to help them. Let the plant tell you first dont feed it unless it starts to struggle.
when i watered last time i added some grow big to the water and that made a big difference but since they have happy frog in the grow media would i have to add grow big to the water every time every time ?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

and 4 days later i watered with plain ph'd water 6.4 2x bagseed 1 x spacewrangler
20211231 201825
20211231 201800
20211231 201810
20211231 201817

Top Bottom