Bagseed grow 1st. time in Coco & perlite

• Thread starter SSgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chemistry

chemistry

I moved the Goldleaf to center of the tent, she is stacking buds and the right gal is trying to flower. You ok? SS Cheers

All find here SS, just sorting things at work, easy day, suns shining, what more can a man ask for. 😎

SSgrower

SSgrower

One at the back has has put out some strange tops, caught the other two up.
Cricky, two males in this pic, only 1 plant is female and it's not the "Feminized" Goldleaf. So, I stripped the two males of their nanners and some leaves and will quarantine the 2 males in my 2x4 tent to see if they change to female, it's a long shot but I'll play along for a while. Ordered better LED light, 4 rope hangers, Coco coir,cal-mag, 5 3gal material bags on Prime days Whoopie,Damn, oh well "poppin seeds today" for a Velantines harvest. SS

SSgrower

SSgrower

The 1 female I have left isn't in great shape and I hope she makes it with tender care. Scored some $10 gram piney/skunky flower to help me get thru all these tribulations. Cheers SS

chemistry

chemistry

Cricky, two males in this pic, only 1 plant is female and it's not the "Feminized" Goldleaf. So, I stripped the two males of their nanners and some leaves and will quarantine the 2 males in my 2x4 tent to see if they change to female, it's a long shot but I'll play along for a while. Ordered better LED light, 4 rope hangers, Coco coir,cal-mag, 5 3gal material bags on Prime days Whoopie,Damn, oh well "poppin seeds today" for a Velantines harvest. SS

Keep one male in flower if you can, then dab one branch of your female plant with pollen, you should have enough seeds to keep you going, think Max said he had six hundred seeds per dabbed branch. 👍

Madmax

Madmax

Over 600 and still counting 😃 but that was off the whole plant and they wernt all that big but.im going to go close to having 2000 seeds off those 3 plants..any more and im off over the countryside spreading seeds like johnny appleseed 😃

I had a reversal fem plant in front of the 3 donors spreading the love..wasnt in there long and they wernt fully loaded with beans..bout 50% id say..

SSgrower

SSgrower

As it's my 1st. time for feminized seeds I was shocked for a minute, then I relaxed and thought it thru, calmed down, thank's to "No more drinking", and I got the resolve to face the situation. I've had challenges from this cottage, new chest freezer, microwave, coffee maker, painting interior, new flooring ect. A very helpful grower gave me these seeds to get my feet wet with known seeds. I had a bad start germinating with humidity, my fault, then the female to male trouble no ones fault. Now I have "popped" or trying TSP 4 seeds for the win! Gotta keep a good attitude with patience to play in this game, and we are both in illegal states mind you. Shout out to the grower who "gifted" theses seeds to try, now I am not so intimidated to grow known seeds. For that I am ever grateful, thanks bro,Cheers bro, am replacing the Viparspectra 450 w with a Spider Farmer SF1000, new coco ect. SS

sportyridr

sportyridr

As it's my 1st. time for feminized seeds I was shocked for a minute, then I relaxed and thought it thru, calmed down, thank's to "No more drinking", and I got the resolve to face the situation. I've had challenges from this cottage, new chest freezer, microwave, coffee maker, painting interior, new flooring ect. A very helpful grower gave me these seeds to get my feet wet with known seeds. I had a bad start germinating with humidity, my fault, then the female to male trouble no ones fault. Now I have "popped" or trying TSP 4 seeds for the win! Gotta keep a good attitude with patience to play in this game, and we are both in illegal states mind you. Shout out to the grower who "gifted" theses seeds to try, now I am not so intimidated to grow known seeds. For that I am ever grateful, thanks bro,Cheers bro, am replacing the Viparspectra 450 w with a Spider Farmer SF1000, new coco ect. SS

Good luck with these new Fem seeds.

Wait a minute, your replacing your 450 with a 100 watter? I asked them for an se7000, they offered me the sf1000 for my 4 x 4 lol

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah i certainly havnt the room to muck with them....haha sitting here de seeding some buds and guess what chem where a few have gone 😆..

strider26554

strider26554

Ok guys, here goes my 1st. hydro grow in a 4x4x80" Viparspectra tent & 450w 2 cycle lights soon to be daisy-chained. Popped 4 seeds two days ago into Jiffy pots 3" in Pro-mix potting soil, 80% peat w/perlite&coco. Here's a pic of a nice bud these seeds came from. Also my 1st. week under light for seedlings. Growing to the light 4" away as the temps here are 35-45 outside, 70% humidity. All starts well so far. Temp at pots is 68-70 degrees. Will transfer to 3 gal material pots in a week or so.
Lookin good, not sure about the coco, but there must be a reason people still use it. One helpful tip, before those roots get anywhere near the inside surface of those jiffy pots, mist em down a lil and tear a bunch of holes in the bottoms and up the sides, jiffy pots are a great green alternative to the solo cups so often used by growers but you have to prep them so your rootball isnt hindered at all by the peat, those pots can cause serious issues with root damage if you don't tear, cut or punch some holes in them. In the beginning of my cloning career I noted that many of my clones seemed to putter out after so long and the culprit was those jiffy pots, they don't just disintegrate and will greatly inhibit root growth at some point, the key is to weaken, tear the pots so you can remove it completely without hurting those tender new roots., during the tranplant, and remember to let them get rootbound basically before you give them their forever home. good luck and your in the right spot.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Good luck with these new Fem seeds.

Wait a minute, your replacing your 450 with a 100 watter? I asked them for an se7000, they offered me the sf1000 for my 4 x 4 lol
Yep, I bought an SF1000 for $117.00 Amazon Prime Days discount. It's in my 2x4 which it essentially is 3x3 area, I may get another to daisy chain? Cheers SS Spider Farmer says it will flower a 3x3 area so I'll find out,Huh?

sportyridr

sportyridr

Yep, I bought an SF1000 for $117.00 Amazon Prime Days discount. It's in my 2x4 which it essentially is 3x3 area, I may get another to daisy chain? Cheers SS Spider Farmer says it will flower a 3x3 area so I'll find out,Huh?

Alrighty then, lets see you put her to work! I thought you had a 4 x 4 tent...my bad

Top Bottom