Baking compressed coco bricks for sterility

• Thread starter dankworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Got a question... is everyone rinsing with RO water or are they just using tap????

I have hard water and am wondering if I rinse with that... will it throw up the PPM?

D

Diggler

Well I have a small room that I am testing 25 in coco and really liking it big time....but I have gnats for the first time ever and thinking it must have come from the coco I got...picked one back of loose coco and the rest were in the bricks...any body have any ideas how to kill these bastards off? Sure lots suiciding off the lights but how does a fella kill the eggs?

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

sticky traps... also nats are drawn to water so who knows where they came from. If they are laying eggs in the medium... I suggest using capulators bennies here on the farm. I believe his root pack should do the trick.

@Dirty white boy... thanks brother. I was not sure if the hard water deposits stick to the coco. I will use hot water and rinse in painters cheese cloth or pillow case... either way I have to buy one LOL. The ol' lady won't let me use one from the house...LOL. Got to keep momma happy.

D

Diggler

Have tried the water tray and it does not catch as many as the bulbs are doing. Have not tried the sticky traps thou...but it still does not get the eggs? Is there no good way of killing the eggs?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Bti knocks out the gnats, same stuff as in mosqueeto dunks and one of many in Cap's bennies.

D

Diggler

Ok I am not familar with any of those? Are they sprays or something you feed the plants?

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

You'd just use it like a soil drench. You you can put one in the water it'll get merky after awhile then water away...it dosnt kill adults but will kill the larvae by forcing them to puke to death. They can't eat so slowly they die.

dankworth

dankworth

Ok I am not familar with any of those? Are they sprays or something you feed the plants?

You will want BTi (bacillus thuringiensis israelensis) which is a bacteria that will kill them off over several weeks. You can get this from cap's foliar packs on this site or from Microbelift. The microbelift product smells like hideous unwashed ass.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

They also sell mosquito sinks at lowest or home depot in packs for cheap.

D

Diggler

Do you think they carry that in Canada? I will go and have a look.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

wow thats a lot of work for some new coco... haha

why not just reuse your old stuff?

Top Bottom