Baking soda or Bicarb soda for PH up?

• Thread starter shavits
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I've been using baking soda water for my ph up recently cuz the calmag / my nutes in general lowers my ph..I used to add tap water to make the ph go up but I do plan on getting some real ph up at the hydro store tomorrow.
So silica raises the ph? I've been thinking of buying some type of silica nutrient..does anyone have suggestions?
Yes Silica does raise PH a bit but not much.
Have to add before adding any nutes.
Has a cap of 16 ppm or something ridiculously low like that, before it starts having actually adverse effects on your plants, especially noticeable in flower, reduces yields immensely and quality.
In conclusion:
It raises the PH a small bit compared to how much you need to actually raise the PH.
Also it's not hard to overdo Silica IME, as well as other threads here.
Always follow the directions on your Silica products.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes ....you can use baking soda for up.......totally good.......but silica is better cause it raises ph and makes your plants stronger..............Peace
This is a better way silica will help in a few ways stronger stems and heat stress I would rather use somethings the plant can use as well as ph up . Good luck in your grow .

C

CheckPlease

Yes Silica does raise PH a bit but not much.
Have to add before adding any nutes.
Has a cap of 16 ppm or something ridiculously low like that, before it starts having actually adverse effects on your plants, especially noticeable in flower, reduces yields immensely and quality.
In conclusion:
It raises the PH a small bit compared to how much you need to actually raise the PH.
Also it's not hard to overdo Silica IME, as well as other threads here.
Always follow the directions on your Silica products.
so i just put my plants in the flower tent last night.. I got the Armor Si by General Hydroponics and have used it twice so far but how much is too much and how often/much per gallon should I be giving them this stuff?

fatawa

fatawa

Whats your water naturally?adding straight water will raise it

Samoan

Samoan

I just used some silica blast to bring my ph up in an aact brew that had molasses and kelp only. The ph was at 5.1. I'm shooting for 6.5-7.0. I added 4tsp silica blast and my ph barely moved. I decided that the silica is most likely a welcome addition to an aact brew?

I still needed to bring my ph up spI decided to try some baking soda for the first time. I read that it is unstable, and it is also very strong so you will only need a small amount. So I just did a pinch at a time and measured. Three pinches later my oh went from 5.2 to 6.5 and seems stable.

Now I will add my OG BIO WAR beneficial microbes, ewc, and alphalpha.

Not sure if I will do a 24 or 72 hour brew...

In my next batch I will also have ACTIVATED EM 1 Effective micro organisms microbial innoculant to add to this tea after I brew to SUPERCHARGE the Benneficial microbes

Samoan

Samoan

2 hours later Ph slowly rises to 7.6...I'm guessing this is acceptable or a maybe a little high for a fungal tea which I beLive should be at or a little over 7.0?
I add a couple dashes EJ NATURAL DOWN CIRTIC ACID CRYSTALS and brought Ph right to 7.0

Top Bottom