Ballin' On a Budget- THE RECIPE

• Thread starter BillFarthing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LJBB

LJBB

I dont pay any attention to it.ive pretty much had hollow stems since i started growing and dont think anything of it..i thought its just there natural process to have it..if they are not spose to my yields arnt affected by it.
Every branch that I cut down at chop time that is hollow always has far denser/larger buds than ones that are not. However I’m just an ole rookie with less than 3 years experience for full disclosure!

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

If you need or use Ph down get some Growmore Flowering CalMag as bill suggested and it will lower your Ph as well as boost your Calcium due to the calcium citrate.

Thanks for the suggestion. Ended up with Cal-Sulfate and moving towards different ratio's for jack's.

3 balls

3 balls

This thread sure petered out after being red hot for so long! Is anybody adding an entire extra 1g per gal epsom salt as Bill Farting suggests may be necessary if using this formula under CMH/LED?

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Is anybody adding an entire extra 1g per gal epsom salt as Bill Farting suggests may be necessary if using this formula under CMH/LED?

Absolutely not because it doesn't need that much Mg. Jacks 321 has too much Mg already and you want to add more? I don't use epsom at all. Part A contains Mg.

5/12/26 - 5g/gal
Calcium nitrate - 4g/gal
zero epsom

That formula works reliably when feeding 15x a month

3 balls

3 balls

Absolutely not because it doesn't need that much Mg. Jacks 321 has too much Mg already and you want to add more? I don't use epsom at all. Part A contains Mg.

5/12/26 - 5g/gal
Calcium nitrate - 4g/gal
zero epsom

That formula works reliably when feeding 15x a month
You could be right and I have no doubt those ratios work for you but I'm reading more and more mentions of the need for extra Mg under LED. I'm running Gavita LED's but I dont know if they are over the top intense or the same as a $99 amazon special from the plant's perspective.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

My light is a 600W LED with high PPFD. Similar to Gravita. Maybe not quite as strong but close. I don't find a need to use extra Mg.

TrpX

TrpX

Ok. Noob here. I read the first page, and the last page. What is the consensus/tweaks/recipe that has been tried and true since this thread started? I came knowing that I want to go the organic/living soil route vs synth. I plan on keeping my soil. I'm also going for simple, cheap, effective. All the things! Growing in a blend of Fox Farm Ocean and Happy Frog with a bit of peat and some pumice mixed in. So far I have a small bag of worm poo. At about two weeks in, and figure I'll have to feed the girls within a week or two.

Sidenote: I have bottles of the Fox Farm trio. I understand them to be inferior fertilizers. Would it be suggested to just use them to use them up, or will I be killing my soil? ...I really didn't try and wait to learn nutrition last, but man it's a confusing racket!

gristle

gristle

Ok. Noob here. I read the first page, and the last page. What is the consensus/tweaks/recipe that has been tried and true since this thread started? I came knowing that I want to go the organic/living soil route vs synth. I plan on keeping my soil. I'm also going for simple, cheap, effective. All the things! Growing in a blend of Fox Farm Ocean and Happy Frog with a bit of peat and some pumice mixed in. So far I have a small bag of worm poo. At about two weeks in, and figure I'll have to feed the girls within a week or two.

Sidenote: I have bottles of the Fox Farm trio. I understand them to be inferior fertilizers. Would it be suggested to just use them to use them up, or will I be killing my soil? ...I really didn't try and wait to learn nutrition last, but man it's a confusing racket!
This is a synthetic nutrient thread.

K

Kamisama

Hi, guys... Recently am thinking about how to get the silica for the cheapiest from chem laboratory... Want something in strong concentration like mono-silic acid from real growers for fogponics.
But am not quite sure what chemical compound I should look for :D
SI(OH4) (orthocilic acid) or H4SiO4 (silicic acid) or SIO2 or just SI.... I am not a chemist.

Somewhere here I ve read that orthosilic acid SI(OH4) is the best foliar but not good having it in res cause it disipate fast.

Any opinions?

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

For someone who doesn't have a TDS meter, but wants to use Jacks 321 in soil (yes they will get one, but not right now)

Once they make up a gallon of nutrients using Jacks suggested 321 weight in grams per gallon

How much of that solution should they then use per 1 gallon of water to hit 500-700 ppms to then add to their soil?

Or do they just use that 1 gallon of Jacks solution to water their garden?

I wasn't sure if it was a concentrated gallon and needed to then be cut per 1 gallon of fresh water, or it was good to use right on the plants

Top Bottom