BAR LED- Gavita vs, Luxx vs. other companies

• Thread starter SacredTreeOrganicFarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Sacred Tree Organic Farms
Supporter
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the new bar style leds? Anyone have experience with them? I saw the luxx in store with only a “3900k” and they said it’s full spectrum? But it doesn’t use diodes from all Kelvin spectrum, red white and blue. 3900k would be closet to the sun, but is that still good for veg? I was always taught blue for veg-red/blue begin flower-red week6 thru harvest.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Bar lighting is the same as all LED only with a much better spread. They are full spectrum because they carry a full spectrum of light... usually very minimal UV or IR though. 3000k or 6000k they are full spectrum just varying ratios of each the ones that aren't are the outdated blurples that only provide blue and red.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Bar lighting is the same as all LED only with a much better spread. They are full spectrum because they carry a full spectrum of light... usually very minimal UV or IR though. 3000k or 6000k they are full spectrum just varying ratios of each the ones that aren't are the outdated blurples that only provide blue and red.
So what does full spectrum mean then?? I thought that was reference to it had every spectrum of Kelvin (3500k-6500k) in the light??

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So what does full spectrum mean then?? I thought that was reference to it had every spectrum of Kelvin (3500k-6500k) in the light??
Full spectrum is simply that it produces light in the full range of par. The ratios of those will blend to make an overall Kelvin rating that indicates whether it leans to more blue or more red.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Gooooooooootcha, okay. So that’s why the lower the Kelvin (closer to the sun spectrum) it’s better for all stage growth bc it’s similar to the sun? And then full spectrum par is meaning that if it has a high photo active radiation it produces better results? I apologize if I’m not getting it I’m more hands on but I’m tryna understand so bad!! I’m looking into the Luxx lighting for commercial use and don’t wanna make a bad business decision!

beluga

beluga

I'm sure those fancy rigs have some good components, but you'll definitely pay for it.
Thought about building your own?
I've gone through the process a little bit in the first three pages of my diary.

It's likely the most cost-effective option. You'll know the components are what they say they are. And you can customize it to your specific area.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Of you look at the spectral charts you will see what I mean. Usually higher in red and blue but carries all colors in par range. More red than blue will result in a lower K rating more blue than red will result in a higher K rating. There is no data as to which are the absolute best spectral ratios and this continues to be an ongoing study as even a change in genetics may lead to slight preferences in ratios of spectrums. As well as stage of growth. This is one of those subjects you will need to do a lot of digging on.

Personally I run co2 with a more red leaning 3000k but I feel because of the co2 I should probably run much more blue than I am because of the effects blue light has on stomata.

Check out Bruce bugbee videos and I'll link a summary of many studies on spectral effects.

TLDR: There really isn't an answer to this question... only more questions. Unless we are strictly talking efficiency.

You will need to copy/paste the referenced studies to see the complete study of each reference if you choose.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
I'm sure those fancy rigs have some good components, but you'll definitely pay for it.
Thought about building your own?
I've gone through the process a little bit in the first three pages of my diary.

It's likely the most cost-effective option. You'll know the components are what they say they are. And you can customize it to your specific area.
Appreciate that! I’ve heard people are doing it but have no idea where to begin with a self build! I’ll check it out!

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Of you look at the spectral charts you will see what I mean. Usually higher in red and blue but carries all colors in par range. More red than blue will result in a lower K rating more blue than red will result in a higher K rating. There is no data as to which are the absolute best spectral ratios and this continues to be an ongoing study as even a change in genetics may lead to slight preferences in ratios of spectrums. As well as stage of growth. This is one of those subjects you will need to do a lot of digging on.

Personally I run co2 with a more red leaning 3000k but I feel because of the co2 I should probably run much more blue than I am because of the effects blue light has on stomata.

Check out Bruce bugbee videos and I'll link a summary of many studies on spectral effects.

TLDR: There really isn't an answer to this question... only more questions. Unless we are strictly talking efficiency.

You will need to copy/paste the referenced studies to see the complete study of each reference if you choose.

Aqua man always coming in clutch. Appreciate the hell outta you!

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
What’s the size tent and watt light? I usually do 1200w over 4x4 for led

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
The size of the footprint that they're taking up right now is 2' x 4'. 240W.
1200W over 4' x 4' is more than double the recommended wattage/sq ft.
I’m running 1200w led over a 4x4 and am having great results? No burns or anything... I thought the most light possible with no burns is the way to go?

7A577AA9 411C 4104 856B 3FC545C19AA6
D9AF0BD0 179C 4549 AD53 70ABEF147539
C8EC4F6B 1B38 41AB AA9C 634284A4AF71
SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
The size of the footprint that they're taking up right now is 2' x 4'. 240W.
1200W over 4' x 4' is more than double the recommended wattage/sq ft.
I thought 100w per sqft? So 16sqft would be 1600w and I’m only running 1200w?

Anthem

Anthem

Anthem

Anthem

Real watts is like 150w. Your nugs would be falling over or burned from 1200w led
Burnz did you find one that is 150Watts? I did a quick search and found the 320Watt option. To be honest the buds look like they are under more like 300 watts IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom