Bare Bulbs in Tents?

• Thread starter amstercal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

amstercal

Has anyone used bare bulbs in tents? Like maybe Secret Jardin's intense line? Would there be a limit that would be too many, like 20x1000w in a 10x20? I imagine those vertical fans Double D has would help, but what do you guys think of the heat on the material of those tents?

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
I rocked a 1K hortilux HPS with an adjust a wing in a secret jardin dr120 (4.9x4.9x7) just fine.

The 360* reflective material barrier is so bomb and your getting 100% reflectivity in those things... no light gets wasted :cool0010:

A

amstercal

That's encouraging... may I ask, was the tent in a temperature controlled room or just the temp inside the tent controlled?

A

amstercal

If anyone has any thoughts, not just actual experience, I'd love to hear that too. Thanks.

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
No it wasn't.

It was colder temps in my city when I started though (winter time).

A tent is a great purchase as long as you have done your homework.

Good luck!

M

mr english

I rocked a 1K hortilux HPS with an adjust a wing in a secret jardin dr120 (4.9x4.9x7) just fine.

The 360* reflective material barrier is so bomb and your getting 100% reflectivity in those things... no light gets wasted :cool0010:

i think the most they recommend is a 600w,so that`s good to know you can use a 1000w,what size fan did u use 2 get rid of the heat?

thanks.

C

Cannabear

if you can control the heat, then there shouldnt be a problem. i run over the "recommended" lighting in a 10x10 secret jardin..

A

amstercal

Cannabear--what is the recommended lighting? I didn't see it on secret jardin's site. Maybe I'm blind though. Do you mind sharing how many watts you are running? Bare or cooled? Thanks!

K

kusheater1

dr120 no recommended lighting the site says perfect for a 600 but I think a 1000 is better for the dr120 I run 2lights in the dr120 a 600 and a 400 in cooltubes with a 6in cap fan

K

kushpheen

As long as your pumping tons of a/c and you have fans on the bare bulbs I don't think you would have any problems. Just keep some distance and air flow between the bulb and the tent. You might want to test it out b4 you put your girls in there though.

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
For the Secret Jardin Intense line they Advise 4x1000 in the I300 model which is 10x10 and 8x1000 in the I600 which is the 10x20. As mentioned above, it seems like one would be able to up the wattage if AC and air flow requirements were met.

R

RichieRich

You can run a 1k Bare Bulb in the Jarden DR 150 with out problems as long as your pulling in cool air from the bottom and sucking the heat out from the top vent of the tent. You can use a 6" or 8" fan and carbon filter to keep the room cool.

A great hood to use in the 5x5 Jarden is the Vertizontals with 1k lights because they totally fill the whole tent with light even out to the corners. Its totally maximizing the space.

Its all about airflow in these tents, can't let the heat build up or you'll turn it into an oven real quick.

N

noone88

I've been mulling over doing a grow room using tents (mammoth tents 20x10), portable AC units (kwikool), vert lighting and DWC (Under current).

With a 2.5 ton kwikool, I can run 6-7k watts vert lighting. UC system would be a 12-site with 40" centers. 1k watt bulbs in the center and 2 or 3 600watts for the strong plants.

Run 2 tents, flipflop the lights, and get 2 kwikool units.

R

RMCG

I've been mulling over doing a grow room using tents (mammoth tents 20x10), portable AC units (kwikool), vert lighting and DWC (Under current).

With a 2.5 ton kwikool, I can run 6-7k watts vert lighting. UC system would be a 12-site with 40" centers. 1k watt bulbs in the center and 2 or 3 600watts for the strong plants.

Run 2 tents, flipflop the lights, and get 2 kwikool units.

Did you steal my design/drawing notebook? I was looking for that...

:sun

G

grenbone

I ran a 600w MH in a SunHut XL 4x4. If I were to do it again it will be with a 1000w, or I would add a 400w to the 600w.

budfriend

budfriend

just put them in cool tubes and hang them vert. I'm doing right now to perfect tree growing before i totally switch. works good. two 1000w

G

grenbone

just put them in cool tubes and hang them vert. I'm doing right now to perfect tree growing before i totally switch. works good. two 1000w

What size tent are you using. I was thinking of about a vertical 1000w MH with a cooltube in a 4x4x7 sunhut xl. Good way to go I would think.

2fingerlefty

I run a 1K HPS and a 400w MH in a 5X5X7 Jardin with no reflectors at all no need for them in a tent; plus it keeps plants cooler, with direct vent out and only outside air in no problem, temps in summer reach around 90 degrees\f. I posted a few pics to give an idea look in my gallery.

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

what do you guys think would be better for a 5x5 tent, 1k hps bare vertical or in a horizontal reflector like magnumXXL?

JH420

JH420

what do you guys think would be better for a 5x5 tent, 1k hps bare vertical or in a horizontal reflector like magnumXXL?

All I know is that Greenthumbdanny gets great results with a magnum xxxl in a 5 x 5 tent.

Top Bottom