basic question about mycho, trich and molasses

• Thread starter 420Gator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

yeastie beastie, LOL
I def need a microscope, im going to look online see what prices are like :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can get a low mag scope for around $400, but I also haven't checked eBay, that was on... Microbeman's site... I think it was him.

I get the yeastie beasties from hubby's former homebrewing days. THEY LIVE!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, that's not it, and I thought I had the page bookmarked and now I can't find it. God damn it!

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Thats some really good info as always seamaiden.

MediMary- the reason RE has such a long shelf life is because it is a hormone product and not a bacteria product. H&G can not import thier bacteria product (Bacto Force) into the USA so they recomend you use Great White by Plant Success for your bacteria/fungi innoculant. RE helps promote the growth of bacteria among other things.

It is important to understand the difference in bacteria products and fungi products in relation to the enzymes and most important the bi-products produced which is another piece of the puzzle that seamaiden had touched upon in an earlier post.

Have you guys heard of Biochar? Amazing stuff and it is easy to use in RDWC systems as well as soil. Changes the whole nutrient ball game IMO.......

You can also test for bacteria count and presence by using cultures instead of a microscope. They also make a really nice hand held unit that will give you a bacteria count in minutes...but they cost around 3 grand....

M

MediMary

Thats some really good info as always seamaiden.

MediMary- the reason RE has such a long shelf life is because it is a hormone product and not a bacteria product. H&G can not import thier bacteria product (Bacto Force) into the USA so they recomend you use Great White by Plant Success for your bacteria/fungi innoculant. RE helps promote the growth of bacteria among other things.

It is important to understand the difference in bacteria products and fungi products in relation to the enzymes and most important the bi-products produced which is another piece of the puzzle that seamaiden had touched upon in an earlier post.

Have you guys heard of Biochar? Amazing stuff and it is easy to use in RDWC systems as well as soil. Changes the whole nutrient ball game IMO.......

I understand the difference between bacteria and hormonal, Roots excel is a beneficial bacteria buddy. At least thats what house and garden US & UK both told me.
Its advertised as a beneficial too.
IMG_3152.JPG

Call house and garden and ask for yourself;)

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

I did, I got the info from Rob. They are not allowed to import H&G's bacteria product (bacto force is what it is called) into the USA which is why they recomend using great white......so you can call and ask if you would like, but I already have.

I could scan the H&G brochure for you if you would like? It says it in there also.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think it should be noted that Humboldt Nutrients has a product called Roots Excel, which is often confused for H&G Roots Excelurator (I can never remember the exact spelling).

I use the H&G product, tried using the HN product but the results were dissimilar enough that I stick with H&G. That said, I have never observed anything that would indicate to me there are live cultures of anything in the RE product I have. This doesn't answer my own questions about BMO's Super Plant Tonic and their claims of live cultures. Got to have a scope (ain't got $3K to drop on a nifty little handheld unit just yet).

M

MediMary

[email protected].

I have talked to rob numerous times;)

Yah scan it up buddy.

I didn't just get this stuff out of thin air, and just because H & G has a different microbe product that
Does Not mean there isnt benefical in roots excelurator.

Lots of companies sell microbes in different bottles, sub culture ( 2 different boxes), earth ambrosia & nectar, two different bottles.
AN piranha and tarantula... list goes on and on.

I want to see something that specifically says roots excelurator does not contain beneficial bacteria or that it is a hormonal product.

M

MediMary

I think it should be noted that Humboldt Nutrients has a product called Roots Excel, which is often confused for H&G Roots Excelurator (I can never remember the exact spelling).

I use the H&G product, tried using the HN product but the results were dissimilar enough that I stick with H&G. That said, I have never observed anything that would indicate to me there are live cultures of anything in the RE product I have. This doesn't answer my own questions about BMO's Super Plant Tonic and their claims of live cultures. Got to have a scope (ain't got $3K to drop on a nifty little handheld unit just yet).

when I say roots excel I always have meant roots excelurator, I just abbreviate for brevity

M

MediMary

Robert Stroner [email protected].

""I believe that the post from Big Mike from AN had a lot of gardeners believing Roots Excel was Hormone based. Then H&G replied that RE was not "Hormone" based that it was "Bacterial" based which we're not allowed to advertise anymore. I wish I could disclose more but there are natural hormones in many common nutrient additives which do many things but are not the BASE of the product. It also seems with out cleaning agents there will always be a nutrients film of some sort without regular maintenance.

Thank You! Rob""

Paul from house and garden UK.

"Roots Excel does contain beneficial bacteria, and based on that I recommend that it should not be used in conjunction with any sterilizing products.
If you need any further info please let me know.

Many thanks

Paul
House and Garden UK"

[email protected]

So whats up biomaster:evilgrin0040:

B

BoCo Buds

MM~ the only tid bit that I can add is that w RE first came out, the local H&G rep told be face to face that it was bacterial based... and that it specifically was unique because it was anaerobic vs aerobic, which is what most bacillus based products are.

Basically, it can live in water and/or very damp root zone conditions... and doesn't need oxygen to thrive... hence such a great water inoculant.

On the opposite end, for example, Humbolt's RE is aerobic... bacillus subtilis. Not what is in H&G RE.

BTW... he never did tell me what the specific strain they used was/is... and the reason they didn't list was importing/labeling. But what is the strain??? ;-)

And check out Root Shield for the beneficial trich's. Peace

M

MediMary

Interesting coco..
I don't think they want to disclose the particular strain, only benefical Anaerobic bacteria I know of is bokashi, looks like more reading for me... :)

biomaster wheres that scan homie... LOL

dextr0

dextr0

lol why didn't u guys jus go to the main site. He (Rob?) talks about it as a reply to customer or somethin.

Justin September 11, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Ive read and have had people inquire about using roots excelurator within an aerated reservoir.

Is there a reason why it is recommended that you not use this in a highly oxygenated environment? Does the high oxygen amount react with this?

brad September 16, 2010 at 9:33 pm

We recommend using a small circulating pump instead of an aerator. The highly aerobic environment does affect some very important bacteria in Roots Excelurator that thrive in an anaerobic environment. The main difference will simply be a reduced population of those bacteria in an aerobic environment vs. anaerobic.

Reuben September 23, 2010 at 2:10 am

I forgot to ask. I’m concerned about how long the bacteria will stay alive in the bottle.
There is no information about this at all anywhere.
It is very important.
I’m assuming smaller dosages will still populate a reservoir with bacteria.
I would prefer to only use it to inoculate rooted cuttings and small vegetating plants than dosing my flowering reservoirs. To save on using it up too quickly.

brad September 30, 2010 at 6:15 pm

The bacteria is in stasis in concentrated form in the bottle. Once water is added, the bacteria reanimate. They will stay alive as long as there is food and ample surface area on roots and medium to populate. In an ideal environment, yes, they do reproduce on their own.

M

MediMary

... just got done conversing with biomaster by email, he still be arguing with me there is no beneficial bacteria in there.... no proof or anything has he, just makes comments like
" i have been doing this 28 years, take my word for it"
LOL

I dunno why folks keep trying to spread mis information, thanks for the post dex and coco,

I don't want to get in a battle with BM but if he continues to keep telling folks misinfo after being informed he is wrong.
The im going to keep calling the dude out, people following your advice are using the product improperly and not getting the bang for their buck they paid for.

there are many ways to grow herb, but some things are cut and dry...
RE either contains BB or it doesn't. not a whole lot of middle ground.

M

Mmmmasonite

... just got done conversing with biomaster by email, he still be arguing with me there is no beneficial bacteria in there.... no proof or anything has he, just makes comments like
" i have been doing this 28 years, take my word for it"
LOL

I dunno why folks keep trying to spread mis information, thanks for the post dex and coco,

I don't want to get in a battle with BM but if he continues to keep telling folks misinfo after being informed he is wrong.
The im going to keep calling the dude out, people following your advice are using the product improperly and not getting the bang for their buck they paid for.

there are many ways to grow herb, but some things are cut and dry...
RE either contains BB or it doesn't. not a whole lot of middle ground.

Medi is right.........Sorry folks.......Bennies are in RE.......That is how it works......House & Garden has labeling issues in various states.........Go up to any rep, face to face at the SAn FRAN indoor expo and you will get the real shpiel......This is what they told me face to face........Don't be misinformed............H202, sulfur(ZONE) kill bennies........................I just want people to get the most out of what I consider to be one of the best products on the market.......Peace

M

MediMary

well shit.. I think I was wrong...

big Im sorry to biomaster for being a prick....fucking H & G feeding me misinfo.

:mad0233:

again, im am very sorry biomaster.. you tried to tell us .. you was right, I was wrong.

Everyone should drop Seamaiden and desertsquirrel and thebiomaster some rep.
And big thanks to Desertsquirrel for taking those pictures..

im going to go make a foot sandwich for breakfast...

Latest posts

Top Bottom