Basics of Crop Steering/High Frequency Fertigation?

• Thread starter _B_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Northdank67

Northdank67

Yeah I've previously not had a meter for the media water content/EC so I've just tested runoff EC, during flower I feed around 3EC and after wk3 of flower I'm around 7-8EC (runoff). different stages of growth = different nutrient ratios = Feed EC fluctuates but I run high EC no problem, 3EC is the lowest I'll go before flush.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Once you understand you can't over fertigate the plants the easier it will be for you.
20211002 1830530

20210930 160238

20210930 160356

Fertigate those plants and you won't believe the growth but auto is the way to go😉

20211002 1830530
N

newbeegrower

Couple things from experience, when the plant is trellised or scrogged in a net you can't lift the pot, so do yourself an eventual favor and learn to tell by sight touch and instinct. Most generic soil sensors are ineffective in coco and the ones made specifically for coco are expensive. Also, traditional "slow-drip" systems work fine with pure water but with nutrients it will have a tendency to gunk and clog. You can get a hydro halo and build a really simple pump/reservoir system for pretty cheap.
Where can i find supplies for a diy setup? I also havent determined my res size yet so is it true that if my gph of the water pump is too low that it will have trouble pushing water out of the reservoir? Also what should i be using to aerate the water if its a res bigger then 10 gallons and is maintaining a water temp in the res important? If so what is that ideal range? Im doing research before i make a purchase but i want to make a drip irrigation system for 2 5gal coco/perlite plants the strain is fast northern lights, potentially 4 plants for a future grow so id definitely rather have 2 extra extentions with shutoff valves then have to completely redo the tubing, or could i just add extra extentions for drippers in the future? Im assuming the most id be feeding a day in the future is like a gallon max but i havent really experienced it yet and im just going off of what ive read. Also not sure if this helps but i want to do high frequency fertigation.

Northdank67

Northdank67

Where can i find supplies for a diy setup? I also havent determined my res size yet so is it true that if my gph of the water pump is too low that it will have trouble pushing water out of the reservoir? Also what should i be using to aerate the water if its a res bigger then 10 gallons and is maintaining a water temp in the res important? If so what is that ideal range? Im doing research before i make a purchase but i want to make a drip irrigation system for 2 5gal coco/perlite plants the strain is fast northern lights, potentially 4 plants for a future grow so id definitely rather have 2 extra extentions with shutoff valves then have to completely redo the tubing, or could i just add extra extentions for drippers in the future? Im assuming the most id be feeding a day in the future is like a gallon max but i havent really experienced it yet and im just going off of what ive read. Also not sure if this helps but i want to do high frequency fertigation.
-yes maintaining water temp is very important if you dont want root rot. keep the water at 64.5f
-yes if the pump is weak it will have trouble pushing solution out of the res and into the drip lines
-use a air pump and air stone to aerate the solution
-a hydro store should carry everything you need to build the diy setup
-remember, no organics in coco grow. allso dont mix too much solution at once, you can have problems if the mixed solution sits for more than 4 days.

B

benjones

Yeah I've previously not had a meter for the media water content/EC so I've just tested runoff EC, during flower I feed around 3EC and after wk3 of flower I'm around 7-8EC (runoff). different stages of growth = different nutrient ratios = Feed EC fluctuates but I run high EC no problem, 3EC is the lowest I'll go before flush.
thanks for the reply @Northdank67

apologies for the late response

Top Bottom