Bat Guano..

• Thread starter katelyn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
katelyn

katelyn

Well i have been thinking about using bat guano in my cannabis garden? What are the pros and cons of using it? Any advice welcome... On My 4th grow now and interested in a few things beyond my maxigrow and bloom line of nutrients which npk is 10-5-14for the maxigrow and 5-15-14 for the bloom. What should i add to these that cam make my grows a little better?... Garden as of now, 3rd 12 hour dark period

Bat guano
iKharon

iKharon

1) Bat guano is not bio-dynamic. Meaning, bat guano is harvested by crushing in a cave wall and rolling in front loaders to scoop it out, destroying their habitat and they don't recolonize and they die.
2) "Bat guano" is actually only about 15% (at best) organic in nature.

Look into sea bird guano.. there's other things you can supplement instead of bat guano.

katelyn

katelyn

Thanks guys never reallt thought bought it that way haha ill just grab some chicken manure from somewere or something. Idk as i even need it though? Whats the benefit?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
1) Bat guano is not bio-dynamic. Meaning, bat guano is harvested by crushing in a cave wall and rolling in front loaders to scoop it out, destroying their habitat and they don't recolonize and they die.
2) "Bat guano" is actually only about 15% (at best) organic in nature.

Look into sea bird guano.. there's other things you can supplement instead of bat guano.
Thanks guys never reallt thought bought it that way haha ill just grab some chicken manure from somewere or something. Idk as i even need it though? Whats the benefit?
it has about 10 percent N , 3 percent K, 1 percent P . If you go the chook poo you don't want fresh or old you need a medium type of aged manure

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
What ppm are you at you crop looks pretty good in the pic . I stick my ppm at 700 to 1000 range but I use natural organic materials .

katelyn

katelyn

Well im not sure ive never checked or have a tool to check with. Im using 2 teaspoons per gallon of fresh water

iKharon

iKharon

There's going to be something comparable or guano itself in a good organic soil anyway

katelyn

katelyn

Well my soil has well aged conpost and seaweed iys bar harbor blend coast of maine potting soil.. Ive got 3 more seed down now what should i use to get adequate nutrients for my plants vs using the maxi grow and bloon?

iKharon

iKharon

Well my soil has well aged conpost and seaweed iys bar harbor blend coast of maine potting soil.. Ive got 3 more seed down now what should i use to get adequate nutrients for my plants vs using the maxi grow and bloon?

Check out the Nectar for the Gods line.. Bloom Khaos as a foliage spray.. but your medium is the most important thing.. don't burn them up.. ph your water

whitepistols

whitepistols

Okay how long of veg time ? Sustainability not touching that lol.

Bat guano, sea bird guano do work well. Advantage of either is the fixing bacteria found in them.

Disadvantage is time it takes to deplete any poo's nutrients.

If your mixing soil(less) if know for instance it takes 8 weeks for the poo to do it's thing you would not want to repot and go into flower a week later if it's nitrogen dominate fixing bacteria.

Need nitrogen for flower yes but it's not needed as much. Buds will tell you for sure.

Poo's have a time frame they work in. Why alot of super soil recipes say mix this recipe put a seed mat in the half full tote of the mix then fill the tote, plug in seed mat wait 30 days.

Part of the vudoo is knowing And killing plants :drunk:poopsie went a wee bit to much of that or put a plant in early and the mix was still cooking off but didn't wait.

iKharon

iKharon

That's another thing, too... if you're die hard NPK grower, calcium based organic grow probably isn't for you. Get a sample kit online and a bag of soil and do some testing. Results will blow you away.

katelyn

katelyn

Okay how long of veg time ? Sustainability not touching that lol.

Bat guano, sea bird guano do work well. Advantage of either is the fixing bacteria found in them.

Disadvantage is time it takes to deplete any poo's nutrients.

If your mixing soil(less) if know for instance it takes 8 weeks for the poo to do it's thing you would not want to repot and go into flower a week later if it's nitrogen dominate fixing bacteria.

Need nitrogen for flower yes but it's not needed as much. Buds will tell you for sure.

Poo's have a time frame they work in. Why alot of super soil recipes say mix this recipe put a seed mat in the half full tote of the mix then fill the tote, plug in seed mat wait 30 days.

Part of the vudoo is knowing And killing plants :drunk:poopsie went a wee bit to much of that or put a plant in early and the mix was still cooking off but didn't wait.
Been vegging for 40 days flower 3.. Not looking to try and mess with these girls but the 3 planted

katelyn

katelyn

That's another thing, too... if you're die hard NPK grower, calcium based organic grow probably isn't for you. Get a sample kit online and a bag of soil and do some testing. Results will blow you away.
Well id like to stary growing organic and get away from the powdered salt based ferts ya know. Allthough they do work awesome..so what makes it calcium based organic grow. Explain please. Id like to give it a whirl seems how ill have a little extra money in a couple weeks to mix a soil for these 3 plants that i want to be nice smooth stoney high..although the maxibloom flushed out i had no complaints. But a cargiver that i get from has some harsh shit.he uses guano. Likey doesnt realize how long it stays in the mix

whitepistols

whitepistols

From what my cell shows your plants look healthy. Like the liter color New growth vs the 5 day growth looking emerald. How the further down older growth color is.

Starting stretch now so they are going to jump up soon. If can keep that color day 1 to chop be a good recipe for the Nitrogen.

If see the tips of each finger of each leaf show burn on just the tips that is the boundary of to much more Nitrogen and will have buds will tell at the end of fox tailing,wispy ECT.

Looking great

Top Bottom