Battlefield "Earth" has begun.......

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Growstones kick ass over hydroton, plants get way more root support, more like lava rocks, I start fresh very time except for the ones in the bottom of my buckets and it has been there 4 runs now without removing or specific rinsing and if you have ever kicked over a 5 gallon bucket of hydroton, its like you have died and gone to heaven..no chassin lil pebbles for the next three months

Resinable

Resinable

Outwest, I too am curious to see if they can discourage or completely stop fungus gnats; I'm also hoping they could stop root aphids since root aphids cannot survive in sand (silica) which is essentially what growstones are made off I believe.

I am also curious to know if anyone has any experience or thoughts on using the "soil aeration" growstones in lieu of the "hydroponic medium" size. From one website the smaller ones can be had for $15.50 per cu ft compared to the larger size at $24.8 per cu ft. Considerable savings when buying larger amounts and their air and water holding properties appear to be similar.

gimp73

gimp73

Outwest, I too am curious to see if they can discourage or completely stop fungus gnats; I'm also hoping they could stop root aphids since root aphids cannot survive in sand (silica) which is essentially what growstones are made off I believe.

I am also curious to know if anyone has any experience or thoughts on using the "soil aeration" growstones in lieu of the "hydroponic medium" size. From one website the smaller ones can be had for $15.50 per cu ft compared to the larger size at $24.8 per cu ft. Considerable savings when buying larger amounts and their air and water holding properties appear to be similar.

I had gnats using grow stones 2times.

ttystikk

ttystikk

There goes that theory, thanks for the info gimp73.

As tough as it may be to get the bad news, it is just as valuable to know what DOESN'T work as what does. Thomas Edison was famously quoted once while looking for an appropriate filament material for his light bulb that progress was being made because he now knew thousands of ways for it to NOT work! The concept was also given voice by two of my favorite fictional characters, both slueths in their own ways; Inspector Sherlock Homes, and Mr. Spock. Data can go suck eggs...

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I heard a raunchy Willie Nelson joke and immediately thought of TK.

What's the worst thing about giving Willie Nelson a blow job?

Finding out it's not Willie Nelson.

outwest

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Your threads disappoint me every time man. There's always a picture or two towards the beginning but you never come through with finished bud shots or stuff at harvest time.

Unit541

Unit541

I had gnats using grow stones 2times.

While similar, Growstones and Diatomite are not the same. I grow exclusively in Maidenwell Diatomite, which in my own personal experience anyway, does indeed provide an root-zone environment that is uninhabitable to gnats, mites, aphids, etc...

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
What's the word on the harvest and nug shots Texas Kid?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
just was wondering if tk was ok this morning..havnt seen a post from him in a while

K

kolah

another Farmer just spoke with him a few days ago. I don't know exactly why he hasn't been here but I sure miss his expertise' postings. He's prolly just laying low for a bit. I ain't seen Bud Spleefman here in a while either.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Update on the Earth.

Saw it yesterday and it looks as though they've modified the design to make it more of a DTW system. I'm gonna try to grab a pic to post, I'm stoked cause I'm fixin to set one up and rock some AACT's!

Top Bottom