Battlefield "Earth" has begun.......

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
That shit looks amazing, they look blown up to me right know. I hope you get a ton of killer smoke, and all is well with you and yours

mal

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Blueberry x Alien 4 in the Earth...really like these babies, super dense nugs, sticky as hell, and smells delicous...one smells a little more, one is a little more sticky, but for the most part pretty close to each other

Some of these goin outside as well

DSCN4476
DSCN4477
DSCN4480
DSCN4481
DSCN4482
DSCN4483
DSCN4484
DSCN4485
DSCN4486
H

hogan400

Texas hold'em style I see... lol How you feeling about that new coco system anyway?
You see any issues or things that could be modified or upgraded?
Any complaints?

Good work as always Tex.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Love the system...the bulk head fittings are still the weak link, plastic sucks

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Wow. Very consistent and healthy growth. Something tells me you've done this before.

outwest

H

hogan400

Yeah, seems pretty basic, also meant to ask how many gallons are the containers? Would they do well on a 50-55" center with vert lighting and what not?

sdgrower

sdgrower

Looking good as usual Tex. When you have the time could you please put up some pic's of your halos?
Thanks again

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I'm not a farmer but I do play one online

I think I could pull off the 50" or 54" centers now but the water flow deal still will be a tick I think, played hell the first round on those centers though

4 gallon smart pots in a 4 gallon ez-pak square plastic top buckets

genepool

genepool

wow the plants look off the charts TK bravo, u deserve an Oscar for ur roll as a farmer. Take a bow

Resinable

Resinable

So I've been dreaming up a media based hydro setup that provides high performance without the dangers that accompany DWC . . . and then I see this . . .dammit UC beat me too it. Love this setup and concept . . .great job TK and UC.

Cant wait to see this thing with 100% growstones; would also like to see 20% coir 80% growstones. Growstones are very intriguing. I've played with them as an amendment to coir and they are rough on the hands to work with; gloves def. needed; but their beneficial properties make the slight hassle factor a worthy trade-off.

Curious also to see what kind of yield per plant is possible with this system and container size . . . trying to remember are those five gallon buckets?

Resinable

Resinable

^^Edit four gallon containers couple posts up is my answer. . . maybe another gallon or so of growstones in the bottom container tho so total media/root space around five gallons I'm guessing

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The rootmass typically is not growin out of the bottom of the smarties into the Growstones, to roots tend to go more horizontal and out the side and sanwich between the pot and the side of the container

Im goin to do a 100% growstone, a 100% big and chunky perlite next, I already did 60/40 and 70/30 growstones/coco mix and like the 70/30 the best so far..80/20 would probably be as good or better

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
The rootmass typically is not growin out of the bottom of the smarties into the Growstones, to roots tend to go more horizontal and out the side and sanwich between the pot and the side of the container

Im goin to do a 100% growstone, a 100% big and chunky perlite next, I already did 60/40 and 70/30 growstones/coco mix and like the 70/30 the best so far..80/20 would probably be as good or better

I'm doing 60/40 soil/growstones right now top fed with super soil. Think I'll go 50/50 next time. Those growstones are awesome. Super nice folks too.

outwest

H

hogan400

I used growstones this round and the results are solid for me. Seems they provided a much more stable support over the hydroton as well. My plants arent so damn wobbly when Im moving about plucking, bending, and doing fucking bucket swaps. hahaha

ttystikk

ttystikk

I used growstones this round and the results are solid for me. Seems they provided a much more stable support over the hydroton as well. My plants arent so damn wobbly when Im moving about plucking, bending, and doing fucking bucket swaps. hahaha

Hydroton is cheap. That's its main advantage over growstones.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Growstones are super duper lightweight too.

outwest

ttystikk

ttystikk

Question for ya- do you wash and reuse your growth media, or start fresh every run?

Top Bottom