Beast Master 3000 RDWC Tank

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

This is my last tank I made to run against someone elses rdwc tank in a side by side. I used the heavier verion that I make,just the tank itself must weigh over 30 lbs. My grandkids will pass down this model. I make a lighter version that is around 3/16" thick which is still heftier then any commercial Tank out there. Definately know light shining thru as I have seen and shown before.
This design came to me complete while I was driving down to San Diego. It was like a video unfolded in front of me. I made one the following day to watch it work,ordered the material to make 20 more that day as I knew I had hit my mark.
This tank has 2 areation systems which puts the bubbles where I want.The other tanks the air curtain just follows the outside area of the roots. It has 2) 1.5" inlets whose heights are adjustable for different pots. I ran 4 gal buckets in mine. These inlets are multi-level and direction which is one reason they kick ass on other sysytems.I intstalled a 4 way 1/4" drip on the top. I put 2) 2" screened drains in and a 2" overflow for that built in extra protection. Ruining carpet was one of the main reasons I started building tanks. I also put in an 8" port which saves your ass for sure. This allows you to see your aeration and drain sysytem in action and allows you to treat you root system at the source.
I seriously would like some criticism if you have the knowledge to back it up,because my arrogant ass believes it to be better then anything out there,even if you put 2 other systems together.Or if you think I left something out.These with my GM 5000(260 gal veg tanks) make the perfect sysytem. So bring it on, please just do so politely as we are farmers not assholes.
When I return to the states I will try to find a way to offer farmers a special deal. I need to get in touch with Logic first. Suerte JK
Some pics are not uploading I will try later
Still can not upload. When my godson comes back from Vallarta this weekend I will have him help me.

Beast master 3000 rdwc tank
Giddeon

Giddeon

Ok so from the sounds of it the tank should be amazingly functional, I do like how you say you have the aeration figured out so that the bubbles will go where you like. This is a problem I am having with my MPB's at the moment, the single air stone in the middle seems to just get drown out with roots real quick. Using large in and out ports should allow for a ton more flow and I am in favor of a quicker turn-over time in the tank. Also, I like the 8" port function as I hate trying to tip my lids to peep roots, so after my cages go up I stop checking :( .

Now to some questions I have, sorry if the other pictures would answer these.

1. With an adjustable inlet height does this mean you have water coming in above the drain height?

2. Does the drain height change when the top bucket size changes?

3. Is there a main res used with these units? If so how large are we talking?

I have looked around a bit and tried to find a good descriptive layout of how you put these to use but tonight I have come up short and need to go to bed, If you could please post a link as to help me get started in the right direction tomorrow that would be great!
Thanks,
G

J

Jalisco Kid

1. No all fitting are double ended(no leaks ever on my installs) and are on the bottom which makes for some nice clean installs.
2.yes
3. These are 36 gal tanks, I use 28 gal also. I made a design for TK that was 135 gal tanks. The size of the rez depends on how many tanks you use and the length of your runs. I use 3" and 4" drain lines.

I do move a lot of water which raises the price of the sysytems because of the pumps I use but these are cheaper to install then my aero systems.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Thanks JK,

Well, at this point, I am interested in running your tanks. After running my mpb's for close to a year now and becoming comfortable using RDWC systems, I definitely feel that it is time to beef out my "mini-res's" and test what I can really do.

I would have to probably keep the same 6 plant setup as I have now, Unless these plants become enormous and need larger than normal centers. What sized res's, pumps and drains are we talking about running with a 6 tank system? Are we talking like a flotec pool pump to run these bad boys?

Sub'd
G

J

Jalisco Kid

I use other type of pumps but the right sized pump such as a flotec would work but this is the heart of your system. I would have a back up online for when your primary pump quits on you. I use what is in the tank/plumbing plus 4 gal per plant for my calculations for rez size. JK

Giddeon

Giddeon

I use other type of pumps but the right sized pump such as a flotec would work but this is the heart of your system. I would have a back up online for when your primary pump quits on you. I use what is in the tank/plumbing plus 4 gal per plant for my calculations for rez size. JK

Ok so If I do my math right with 6 - 36 gal tanks plus 4 gal per plant extra equals out to having roughly a 240 gal main res, or is a 300 gal main res needed so that 240gal is inside? That size res should allow for a nutrient solution to be mixed at the beginning of the week and then left alone again until the following week correct? With that a 1 hp chiller seems to be what is needed to keep the water cool. With your Tanks being as thick as they are is the R value better, so basically no need for insulation around the tanks?

As of right now my opinion of these BM3000's is that they seem to be the most supped-up, tricked-out RDWC tank out there. But I am going to still stick with saying that the proof that these tanks are best thing out there will come with showing kick ass yields on roughly every strain. JK, I remember a past post where you stated that someone you knew got 4+lbs on a satavia dom. strain indoors with your tanks so they can obviously produce weight on usually low yielding strains right?

J

Jalisco Kid

Every strain I have run in any of the bucket system;KrustyĀ“s,my old 3000Ā“s or my GM 1000Ā“s gave me larger plants then I have seen others grow in different. That being said I do not believe you could get bigger then a 2.75 lb off a valley og no matter who grew it. Some strains just are not tree material. I have read where some want to try for a 10 lb plant in a bucket sysytem. I do not believe hydroponics like dwc can produce that size of structure to produce that many flowers. I am a bit tired right now but if my memory serves me somewhat, plants have what is called postronic pumps that lift the nutes up the plant. I think that plants reach a certain size the water/nutes cause too much pressure. It is like relateing to an electrical pumps head pressure. I have a feeling we will hit the wall before 5 lbs, as I have never seen one before. I hope someone breaks that barrier with a good strain. I have a strain that will go real big but I do not get a return on it like I do my strains I am growing now.
Those 36 gal tanks are only filled up 1/2 way most of the time so you could use a smaller rez size.
As for the tanks insulation I guess it would depend on how big you veg your girls. The bigger the plant the more shade they would provide. JK

Giddeon

Giddeon

Ok so with that said what would be the benefit of running your tanks, over the buckets I am currently getting 3.5 avg on? If they produce yields similar to other systems why are these better? Is it that they are more user friendly and sturdier than other systems?

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Right on JK... That's a badass beast! Looks like it washed onto shore like a black treasure chest... :cool

J

Jalisco Kid

Ok so with that said what would be the benefit of running your tanks, over the buckets I am currently getting 3.5 avg on? If they produce yields similar to other systems why are these better? Is it that they are more user friendly and sturdier than other systems?

If you are getting that size of plant and the strain is sought after, good for you.
I believe you would get a bigger healthier plant in this system. It out preforms other systems in veg and from what is going on inside you will get constantly healthier root mass.
Your last question is a given. All double threaded fitting and you can beat it with a sledge hammer. JK

Giddeon

Giddeon

If you are getting that size of plant and the strain is sought after, good for you.
I believe you would get a bigger healthier plant in this system. It out preforms other systems in veg and from what is going on inside you will get constantly healthier root mass.
Your last question is a given. All double threaded fitting and you can beat it with a sledge hammer. JK

Thats what I had thought but just wanted to confirm it by hearing (reading) it from you. Thank you!

So are clones put directly into the tanks and then vegged and flowered with out a transplant. Or is this similar to another set-up where you are vegging in a different set-up and transplant into the tanks only to flower?

J

Jalisco Kid

I use my GM 5000 to veg in.

This is a 16 site tank that Janus used, I also make an 8 and the 12 which is what I use.
I have some clients who just buy twice as many tanks and just unhook them and wheel them into the flowering room.
The gm 5000 is a 260 gal tank self contained unit, or if you are going big you could run a bunch off a rez.
These veg tanks is really what makes production easy and seamless. JK

Giddeon

Giddeon

Thank you for the link JK,

Those veg tanks are awesome I understand now what you are meaning when you say one of those with the BM3000 make a perfect setup. You can basically take you bucket and put it into the tank and flip. I like the sound of seamless production.

J

Jalisco Kid

Back from Mex and I got my computer back this weekend. I will try and upload this shot, just my tank from another angle.

And the dude that emailed me and said I was just selling a box u funny.

P1090224
F

flooid

look sick... was wondering if we could get a pic of the internal plumbing or if thats a trade secret... thanks for all the wonderful info JK

J

Jalisco Kid

I have pm'ed the home office a few times and have not heard back from Logic, but I guess he has been busy. I do not think he would mind about this offer(pm me if you do) but I will offer a long time farmer with skills a deal to buy 12-20 tanks at cost plus expenses to give them a try. If you are connected to a hospice at cost. You need to be in the socal area or be willing to pay for shipping. You must be able to control your environment to be excepted. Suerte JK

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

what the thing poking out the top, air line or water drip line?
any chance of putting up some more pictures for us curious cats :joint: :wondering

J

Jalisco Kid

I need to figure out what I am doing wrong uploading. That pic took me 2 hours yesterday to post. I really only have the bottom to show which would explain everything to a grower who would know how to use it. All sides are smooth with all connections on the bottom making this a clean machine. I know it is my ego but looking at an install of 50 of these with only 2/3 showing thru raised floors made my dick hard.
The red thing(like my color coordination) is an optional 4 way drip. You should be able to click twice on that picture to get a real large pic. At least on my computer it does this. Before I prided myself on being computer illiterate but it is coming back to bite me in the ass.
JK

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

hmm... maybe your pictures are too big? you should pm a mod im sure they will help you out :)

Papa

Papa

Supporter
by far the most common difficulty with uploading pics is the size. i always suggest keeping them around 1mb. at that scale they upload quickly with no problems and they're big enough to see the details when you click on them to enlarge.

JK, pm me if you need some help.

and please don't hold out on that pic of 50 of them in a raised floor.

Papa

Latest posts

Top Bottom