Beast Master 3000 RDWC Tank

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
watteva

watteva

JK ive have a room 12x25 how many sites could i handle with that amount of space? i will b in LA end of july im definetly interested in sum

J

Jalisco Kid

It depends on what strains you choose. What is the girth of the tree you are wanting to grow, or if want sea of green my 5000's can hold 60 sites. I would say the avg would be 15-18 sites, 8 5000's. JK

watteva

watteva

tryin to do big trees i do a krusty type bucket now with 5gal 60 -40 chow mix no air in bottom bucket humidity 70% air at 80 day and night co2 1200ppm with HG nutes 2-3 week veg doin blue cheese, strawberry cough, 97bubblegum want to fill room cant have more than 15-18 what would u suggest

J

Jalisco Kid

You might think about lowering your humidity at night so your girls can transpire easier.

I run my outside tanks against the wall and on 66" centers.

watteva

watteva

sorry i thought each one of those tanks were for one plant been lookin through your posts to find a pic or two cant seem to find it mayb ill hit you up when im in cali i could get a look see gota get more posts in so i can pm you... yea i turn off my fogger at night which you recommended faran 707 humidity at 50% at night thanks JK

J

Jalisco Kid

sorry i thought each one of those tanks were for one plant been lookin through your posts to find a pic or two cant seem to find it mayb ill hit you up when im in cali i could get a look see gota get more posts in so i can pm you... yea i turn off my fogger at night which you recommended faran 707 humidity at 50% at night thanks JK

My 5000 is a 260 gal 5' x 5' x 18" tank it can be designed to do a lot of things.
The other tanks are meant for single placement. JK

watteva

watteva

i gotcha thats more for vegging lots of plants i see said the blind man lol yea im tired of leaks, not bein able to see roots buckets stick after week 5 i get good growth 1.5-2 per plant but i want bigger plants since i cant have more than 24 plants all together use to b 300 plants in florida now above 24 is a nono

J

Jalisco Kid

The only pic I want to post is the bottom of the tank. The adjustable water levels,overflow drains, airlines, and my multi directional/level inputs are inside and self explanatory. I want to show the bottom to help people understand the plumbing requirements.
I am waiting for another camera as I can not upload mine. There are some shots around here of my other tanks I will see if I can find them. Suerte JK

J

Jalisco Kid

The bottom pic is my gm1000-36 an aero unit. But it too is now plumbed from the bottom for that clean look, though all my tanks can be custom designed to fit your rooms.

In this post the top pic is a GM1000-20 a 20 gal unit that will take on and punish other systems.
The one below I made for a friend at his request. I believe that on is a 28 gal unit.

Gm 1000 20
Rcdwc custom made for a friend
J

Jalisco Kid

I took this from Janus's thread. It is a GM5000-16 a 260 gal tank. I use these for 8,12,16 buckets. I have set them up as a sea of green tanks. It would have been perfect for someone believing in a dripline theory. JK

Veg tank first run januss tank
J

Jalisco Kid

So those pics will give you an idea of tanks I use in my room designs. Any questions feel free to ask, or feel free to point out my obvious grievous failing. I kinda mess Lost and his crew come wallering thru my thread. JK

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

The bottom pic is my gm1000-36 an aero unit. But it too is now plumbed from the bottom for that clean look, though all my tanks can be custom designed to fit your rooms.

In this post the top pic is a GM1000-20 a 20 gal unit that will take on and punish other systems.
The one below I made for a friend at his request. I believe that on is a 28 gal unit.

so do the units need to be elevated that are plumbed from the bottom? is that what that little wood stand is for the unit is setting on?
157010d1309801684-beast-master-3000-rdwc-tank-gm-1000-20.jpg.att

and what about this picture/ The unit sitting on the concrete I see 8 intakes/out ports? Then the one sitting on top of the huge one(in the truck) has 7 visible. what are they all for :wondering?

93435d1279384974-36-gal-tanks-gm1000-system.jpg.att

J

Jalisco Kid

so do the units need to be elevated that are plumbed from the bottom? is that what that little wood stand is for the unit is setting on?
157010d1309801684-beast-master-3000-rdwc-tank-gm-1000-20.jpg.att

and what about this picture/ The unit sitting on the concrete I see 8 intakes/out ports? Then the one sitting on top of the huge one(in the truck) has 7 visible. what are they all for :wondering?

93435d1279384974-36-gal-tanks-gm1000-system.jpg.att
The top pic is a 340 Gal. tank on top of it is a 60 gal rez with a 2 " drain,2) 1 1/2" inlets/and outlets,2 0f the 4 airlines, and I believe 2 extra outlets for the future. The other side is equal.
The bottom one is showing the 36 gal aero unit,.Top row shows 3 of the 5 of the misters, a 2" overflow, to the right is an optional 3/4" 24/7 to keep the bottom wet, and 2 of the the 4 airlines are on the bottom.

I raise mine with the wood(just 1 of those stands that are stacked),most clients use pvc pipe for that clean look that is easy to clean and disinfect. A client just sent in some pics I will see if he or another friend minds me posting their pix. I bury my rez's but I still like to raise my tanks so service them and a far neater install. If I was not so lazy I would have raised floors like a lot of my clients are going for. JK

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

thanks, those tanks look pretty advanced.. nice craftsmenship! that would be cool if you get a second, I personally would like to see some pictures of it all plumbed up.. thanks for taking time to address my questions>> :joint:

Giddeon

Giddeon

Jk does your aero bucket run on low pressure or high pressure applications?

S

smokestack23

I was/am confused too. Oh first...I LOVE the line about your arrogant ass thinking it's the best. Great attitude and a necessary one to stand behind your product.
So yeah...
I was wondering wtf till it was posted that the big multiple tank is for veg. I was thinking..howthehell are trees gonna come out of those tightly packed plants with overhead horizontal lighting.

I use the same type of thing but for many fewer plants. My "tank" is 10 gallons for 3 plants. They then continue vegging in standalone DWC 2-1/2 gal buckets until they go into the flower room and their 10gal RDWC tubs.
It WOULD be less work for me if I could just have them in one larger multi tank for veg instead of having to switch from my small tank to the pails before flowering.

I just gotta say/ask though. I WAS growing my trees in 5gal pails with dual 3/4" drains and 1/4 top feed hoses. Roots PACKED the pails and though I never had a clog, I was always expecting one so, I went up to 20gal tubs and 1-1/2" drains. I also increased the size of my res.
Because of power restrictions I can't run chillers.

I found a couple of things.
First was that with the 4 fold increase of tub size, I didn't see any substantial increase in yield or quality.
The other thing that happened was that my nutrient solution temps rose dramatically because there was now a much larger proportion of my solution in the warmer flower room (because of the larger lines and tubs) than in the cooler res room compared to my previous systems.
Back to the drawing board!

I found these 10gal totes and went with 1-1/4" drains while maintaining a larger res. It's the goldilocks system for me.

So, for me, I need a system that keeps a majority of the solution in the res, I like all the tubs and reses to be on the cool concrete floor, and, since I change nute solution weekly, the less I have in the system, the less money and pollution I'm dumping down the drain each week. Of course you have to find the balance there too. Too little volume in the system and the plants use up all the nutes before the week is over (I only replenish throughout the week with pHed RP water when necessary)..too much and you're throwing money away if you have a weekly feed schedule that requires different ratios of nutes every week.

Now..if I had chillers and a suspended floor things would be different I suppose. Still though..like I said...I didnt notice a 4 fold yield increase (or even 20%) when I increased my tub size 4 fold. I realize that EVERYONE says that tub size determines yield and plant size but I'm not seeing it. And with my "passive cooling" systems I need lower volumes in the flower room..and I don't like dumping nutes down the drain.

All that said...you got some SICK stuff going on there. I wish I had all the plumbing options and inspection sight glasses that your systems have. VERY slick and great attitude. Oh..I wish I could see the pics and more of them ..better though.

Thanks for posting this. It's gonna help a lot of people I'm sure.

PEACE!

J

Jalisco Kid

Jk does your aero bucket run on low pressure or high pressure applications?

The tanks I have been moving with my friends have a 60 psi requirement but actually work at 30 psi. I am using propagation misters which are simple to service.
I have set up some internal manifolds so I could play at 125 psi and shorter runs. I have been playing with some tanks 48" tall catching roots at 20" in a 1/2" screen and at 6" with a 1/4" screen.

J

Jalisco Kid

What were you pulling out of those buckets?
What strains do you play with?
Not being able to run a chiller I would move. It seems to be that you made the best with what you got.

Not knowing what you were pulling I can not guess how well you you are doing.

Going to a larger tank without being able to control your environment will not help as you found out. The size you gained was likely lost with a lower DO from higher temps.

Use and mix your own salts. It gives you more control over your girls and gets rid of the money value thing.

If I can throw any ideas out there let me know. JK
I was/am confused too. Oh first...I LOVE the line about your arrogant ass thinking it's the best. Great attitude and a necessary one to stand behind your product.
So yeah...
I was wondering wtf till it was posted that the big multiple tank is for veg. I was thinking..howthehell are trees gonna come out of those tightly packed plants with overhead horizontal lighting.

I use the same type of thing but for many fewer plants. My "tank" is 10 gallons for 3 plants. They then continue vegging in standalone DWC 2-1/2 gal buckets until they go into the flower room and their 10gal RDWC tubs.
It WOULD be less work for me if I could just have them in one larger multi tank for veg instead of having to switch from my small tank to the pails before flowering.

I just gotta say/ask though. I WAS growing my trees in 5gal pails with dual 3/4" drains and 1/4 top feed hoses. Roots PACKED the pails and though I never had a clog, I was always expecting one so, I went up to 20gal tubs and 1-1/2" drains. I also increased the size of my res.
Because of power restrictions I can't run chillers.

I found a couple of things.
First was that with the 4 fold increase of tub size, I didn't see any substantial increase in yield or quality.
The other thing that happened was that my nutrient solution temps rose dramatically because there was now a much larger proportion of my solution in the warmer flower room (because of the larger lines and tubs) than in the cooler res room compared to my previous systems.
Back to the drawing board!

I found these 10gal totes and went with 1-1/4" drains while maintaining a larger res. It's the goldilocks system for me.

So, for me, I need a system that keeps a majority of the solution in the res, I like all the tubs and reses to be on the cool concrete floor, and, since I change nute solution weekly, the less I have in the system, the less money and pollution I'm dumping down the drain each week. Of course you have to find the balance there too. Too little volume in the system and the plants use up all the nutes before the week is over (I only replenish throughout the week with pHed RP water when necessary)..too much and you're throwing money away if you have a weekly feed schedule that requires different ratios of nutes every week.

Now..if I had chillers and a suspended floor things would be different I suppose. Still though..like I said...I didnt notice a 4 fold yield increase (or even 20%) when I increased my tub size 4 fold. I realize that EVERYONE says that tub size determines yield and plant size but I'm not seeing it. And with my "passive cooling" systems I need lower volumes in the flower room..and I don't like dumping nutes down the drain.

All that said...you got some SICK stuff going on there. I wish I had all the plumbing options and inspection sight glasses that your systems have. VERY slick and great attitude. Oh..I wish I could see the pics and more of them ..better though.

Thanks for posting this. It's gonna help a lot of people I'm sure.

PEACE!

Top Bottom