Beautiful Weed Gone Harsh

• Thread starter Arteeb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

if you find your bud is getting harsh to smoke and feels dry you can always put a peice of bread of orange/lemon peel in the jar with the buds just make sure to keep an eye and take it out before it starts getting any mold. basically the buds will pull the moisture out of the lemon or bread and "replenish" itself so eeverythings equal inside the jar.
That's only for brick weed. Pour soda on it and it will get super sticky icky.

Maybe we're moving too fast.

@Arteeb are you still smoking flower and not seeds and stems?

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

I don't quite get your post in regards to that's only for brickweed? I know what brickweed is but it does work in regards to getting moisture back into the buds? Some people when they overdry their herb theyll put in a wet bud to take the moisture out of it but if you dont got any wet bud you can use bread or lemon peels. Also it's just an option something you didn't even offer in place.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Mmmm.... no.
Umm yes. As for degrading weed will begin to degrade 20-30 days from being dry. I am not saying that cannabis shouldn't be dried properly but the myth that it gets better in a jar over months is just that...a myth. Go ahead and smoke that old bud, I'll prefer my freshies and smoke those all day. Evidence to the contrary is totally accepted, but there are many myths in this cannabis game and curing is one of them.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Wow. Let's not throw this mis information to the public. I cure for at least a month or two and I smoke in between. There is a STRONG difference between cured and uncured. Sorry to break the news that curing is a very real thing and the fact you call it a myth means you've never had real connoisseur grade bud. And what is currently wrong with growers today trying to push low quality for cheap.
Oh man I have cured weed, been in the game probably longer than you have been alive and it is a myth. What exactly gets better? Do you have any lab results to back up your theory? Or are you one of those people that thinks all science is mythical?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

what do you mean by doesn't cure? like is this a semantics thing or do you not believe that there are changes happening to the plant matter in the jars. say i chop and trim a plant. i hang it for 4 days and then jar it and keep it around 60% humidity for 4 weeks. at what point do you think nothing is happening that we would call curing?

i will quickly say for the sake of posterity that you are wrong and that buds certainly undergo noticeable changes from a prolonged and total dry that draws out the inner moisture and maintains an even dry with proper atmospheric control and care.
Thc and terpenes degrade very quickly. Terpenes is obvious as the extractors show with the desire for fresh frozen. Why do they want it fresh? Surely more than just color. Anyhow, it's really not worth arguing too much... you may enjoy old bid and I enjoy fresh bud..pretty simple.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Oh man I have cured weed, been in the game probably longer than you have been alive and it is a myth. What exactly gets better? Do you have any lab results to back up your theory? Or are you one of those people that thinks all science is mythical?
LOL :cry::cry::cry:
Like this is a real discussion. Enjoy chlorophyll mate.

xenon730

xenon730

Thc and terpenes degrade very quickly. Terpenes is obvious as the extractors show with the desire for fresh frozen. Why do they want it fresh? Surely more than just color. Anyhow, it's really not worth arguing too much... you may enjoy old bid and I enjoy fresh bud..pretty simple.
curing has to do chlorophyll and im pretty sure like a lot of people here, i smoke my harvests at all ages from pretest microwave to day 3 hanging to up to 6 months or more later. later is definitely better but it's okay, you make up your own definition for curing and fresh and enjoy coughing your face off. did you know flushing is a myth too? and also has nothing to do with chlorophyll or curing? you could make your buds really make you have a fit fresh and unflushed bruh.

Marejuana

Marejuana

Weed doesn't cure, it's a serious cannabis myth. Wine cures because it is processed but a cured grape is a raisin right? Same program with cannabis, smoke it freshly dried because it's only going to get worse...at least in the flavor category.
What about overall quality wise?

whitebob

whitebob

Slow dry then cure,its how u get grade a,ill say it again,if its not cured it aint grade a,any weed is far better cured than not,when i cure the smoke is smellier,stronger and smoother.76
imo properly cured it should always be slightly sticky and never crumbly... shows its got the right moisture content.. i store in glass jars with digital humidity sensors its the only way towards connoisseur smoke..

JMcG

JMcG

I
Umm yes. As for degrading weed will begin to degrade 20-30 days from being dry. I am not saying that cannabis shouldn't be dried properly but the myth that it gets better in a jar over months is just that...a myth. Go ahead and smoke that old bud, I'll prefer my freshies and smoke those all day. Evidence to the contrary is totally accepted, but there are many myths in this cannabis game and curing is one of them.
I suppose if your providing for yourself then do what works for you brother. All I know for sure is that if I tried to push my meds on my clients a week after chopping I would be out if business quickly. I would be no different from most of the dispensary products out there.
Sure , consume it after a week , while its " fresh ". Enjoy it. It seems to work for most retailers.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Obviously I'm not talking about smoking wet weed. Again though what exactly gets better in long term storage of cannabis? Thc doesn't increase, this has been proven many times but a quick reference to this is when Oregon went recreational and test results were taking a month to return...there were informational signs everywhere about how thc would not be testing as high as in the med market because turn around takes so long. How many of you work with a gc machine and get better results from cured weed? Now for me I enjoy it freshly dried and up to 2-3 weeks after that but the flavor loss and thc/cbd certainly degrade. The curing idea came from dj short and believe me I have "cured" lots of weed but can attest that freshly dried to 2-3 weeks of proper storage is the money spot. Regardless, smoke a fatty of whatever works for you and I'll do the same.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Obviously I'm not talking about smoking wet weed. Again though what exactly gets better in long term storage of cannabis? Thc doesn't increase, this has been proven many times but a quick reference to this is when Oregon went recreational and test results were taking a month to return...there were informational signs everywhere about how thc would not be testing as high as in the med market because turn around takes so long. How many of you work with a gc machine and get better results from cured weed? Now for me I enjoy it freshly dried and up to 2-3 weeks after that but the flavor loss and thc/cbd certainly degrade. The curing idea came from dj short and believe me I have "cured" lots of weed but can attest that freshly dried to 2-3 weeks of proper storage is the money spot. Regardless, smoke a fatty of whatever works for you and I'll do the same.
If this is what you consider 'drying', then I think you all are arguing semantics. I would call your drying process a 'cure', regardless of duration. What is your definition of curing and drying, and what is being done during each of those processes? Based on your replies I think it's important to clarify. edit- I don't think thc or terpenes has anything to do with harsh hitting herb. We are still talking about the OP yes?

Also, I don't think thc and/or terpene degradation is the subject at hand, and I don't think anyone would dispute that thc and terpenes degrade over time. I would argue that a proper dry/cure would extend the time that thc and terpenes stay in the bud. MMC's want their flower from cut to shelf in 5 days, and it's hay. Anecdotal evidence of nearly every grow I've ever come across has shown me that drying and curing is as important as growing the flower, and speeding that process will increase the chance of hay taste and smell.

Again, it seems like semantics.

Lastly, if you are the one making the claim that curing doesn't do anything, then the onus of providing 'proof' or documentation of your claim is on you, not anyone else. If you are looking to have a more thoughtful and serious 'discussion' on a subject like curing and drying. If you are interested in such a discussion, it would be efficient to ensure that everyone is on the same page with regards to what exactly is being said.

Last edited:
xenon730

xenon730

no i pretty much agree with what you're saying minus the dj short part. I'm sure curing comes from tobacco and history primarily and not any one person. but flavor and smoothness increase and even change over time and thc degradation is minimal to the point of being almost unnoticeable and its not like there's tiny supplies. some smells and flavors don't show well until a couple months even and by then you've lost what maybe 2%thc? i mean some would be fine with cutting 20 to 15% for an exotic flavor or aroma. personally, i smoke everything from my personal garden at all ages and prefer each cut at different times for different reasons but aging generally increases smell, aroma, and smoothness with negligible decreases in potency. so much so that people think it gets stronger with long age. that's anecdotal and incorrect but evidence none the less that the degradation of the total thc isn't apparent to a lot of smokers.

JMcG

JMcG

Great attitude man!
I'm just here trying to learn a few things I may have missed throughout the years...
So.... I guess I am with you that thc may not increase with age but isn't it basically naturally decarboxilating itself over time , thc a to thc or something along those lines?
I keep a bit of most everything worth saving for quite awhile. Just sampled some 14 month jar cured White Skunk , still had 60% rh to it , and it was smooth, tasty and pretty couch lock.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

got some dank blueberry pie it was lovely when I got it 3 days ago
Stored in glass jar popped for 10 mins a day but it's is going harsher and harsher when it was perfect
How is this possible
Cheers ?
You probably overdid it on the nutrients. That's why a lot of guys will flush before Harvest but if you Overkill it with nutrients flushing really won't work.

green punk

green punk

I'm sorry man you asked for an honest opinion.
Not so much, I just started typing then realized it was a bunch of stuff that has to do with "to each their own". I don't have time or energy to really begin.

peace

Underthesun

Underthesun

Just from my own observations. Some strains smoke harsher than others. I've grown different strains side by side in the same beds and one was super smooth and the other not as smooth. I have grown with bottled nutes and over did it, I cured so hard but still smoked like ass. I've been growing in a no till soil with lots of worm castings, and that is when I noticed how smooth and flavorful my smoke could be. It was smooth and tasted good as soon as it was smokeable. I have not changed my curing methods, as I do find a difference in the flovor and how it smokes to be better after a few months in the jars.

I agree with LocalGrowGuy that drying is curing and there really is no difference, curing is just slow drying. You don't need jars to cure, just the correct environment. I use jars though, it works for me.

But, smooth smoke and taste come from your soil more than curing...that is my conclusion at this point from my own observations.

Top Bottom