Because this site tricked me into looking at NS..

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Yeah, i didn't realize who made it until after i posted. I would definitely buy a press before a vaporizer. Just my opinion though
The thing that turns me off about S&B is the fact that their device doesn't utilize a full ceramic oven. It's made of stainless steel and their new device has a ceramic coating around the oven, the oven itself is not made of ceramic. Why not just go full ceramic? I don't get it. It's made of 'medical grade plastic' and they charge a mint for the thing. $500 for a device made of plastic with what's essentially a ceramic aesthetic. It doesn't actually contribute to the experience of vaporizing, supposedly it's just 'easier to clean.'

They claim the device doesn't become so hot so as to burn the chemicals in the metal, but I'm not so certain. Those things retain heat and get a lot hotter than the temp listed on the outside of the device..

Observationist

Observationist

Dispensary anything tastes like trash IMO. I hate the dispensaries with a burning passion. Ive never smoked weed so harsh from anywhere but wellness connection of maine. I stopped paying for dispensary weed when maine started their 50 and 60 an 8th crap and decided to grow my own. I never paid that though because med patients get it cheaper.
It’s only rarely that I’d get bud that is smooth and taste good.

But I also don’t buy from them near as much anymore either

R

ritoMox

Dispensary anything tastes like trash IMO. I hate the dispensaries with a burning passion. Ive never smoked weed so harsh from anywhere but wellness connection of maine. I stopped paying for dispensary weed when maine started their 50 and 60 an 8th crap and decided to grow my own. I never paid that though because med patients get it cheaper.
😂I was just telling someone that the dispo stuff that my wife gets tastes and smokes like the bud stems we used to save as youngsters for dry times. Damn, folks growing up in the legal world just ain't gonna ever know how it could really suck back in the day.🥲😆

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Damn, folks growing up in the legal world just ain't gonna ever know how it could really suck back in the day.🥲😆
On the flipside of that, folks growing up in the legal world that only purchase dispensary garbage may never actually taste the wonders of the product we got to experience prior to legalization. Criminals knew full well that in order to sell the most of their product, it needed to be good stuff, they had an incentive to grow something that might've knocked you out of your shoes.

Today's 'children' are seemingly sold on stuff that looks, smells, and tastes like a bowl of Froot Loops. Maybe I'm a boomer, but I have fond memories of meeting up with friends that BRAGGED about having the dankest of the dank. I can only imagine kids nowadays meet up to brag about finding some stuff that tastes like Nutella and cream cheese.

R

ritoMox

On the flipside of that, folks growing up in the legal world that only purchase dispensary garbage may never actually taste the wonders of the product we got to experience prior to legalization. Criminals knew full well that in order to sell the most of their product, it needed to be good stuff, they had an incentive to grow something that might've knocked you out of your shoes.

Today's 'children' are seemingly sold on stuff that looks, smells, and tastes like a bowl of Froot Loops. Maybe I'm a boomer, but I have fond memories of meeting up with friends that BRAGGED about having the dankest of the dank. I can only imagine kids nowadays meet up to brag about finding some stuff that tastes like Nutella and cream cheese.
Damn, you sound like you write legit articles for magazines and whatnot😄✌️

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Damn, you sound like you write legit articles for magazines and whatnot😄✌️
I wish lol. I just can't stand this profit driven industry as it is. They grow it as fast as possible treating the plants like crap then it's bagged almost as soon as the growlights get shut off.

At least I am afforded the privilege of being able to legally grow my own. For now, until the govt. mandates that I pay taxes on what I grow for whatever reason.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
I wish lol. I just can't stand this profit driven industry as it is. They grow it as fast as possible treating the plants like crap then it's bagged almost as soon as the growlights get shut off.

At least I am afforded the privilege of being able to legally grow my own. For now, until the govt. mandates that I pay taxes on what I grow for whatever reason.
They are filling the plant up with high EC/nutrition in hopes to increase dry weight/revenue.
Cannabis is an accumulator-type of plant that will just mindlessly fill leaves & flowers with what it finds in soil.
Creating this harsh ugly taste, bääh!

So good I can smoke my own hahaha ;)

R

ritoMox

They are filling the plant up with high EC/nutrition in hopes to increase dry weight/revenue.
Cannabis is an accumulator-type of plant that will just mindlessly fill leaves & flowers with what it finds in soil.

Damn, you make me wish I would have paid attention in school instead getting stoned and keeping my head on my desk😂
Hey, this is the right site to buzz around on, right?🤣

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

So in other words, all these dispensary babies are paying for weighted down grass. No wonder they opt for stuff that tastes like marshmallows and cinnamon sticks.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Yeah well this "dillution effect" pops up in a number of studies and seems to suggest quantity or quality rival for a plants reserves.
If they would measure & compare net/total harvest mass of cannabinoids/terps it would be better

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Yeah well this "dillution effect" pops up in a number of studies and seems to suggest quantity or quality rival for a plants reserves.
If they would measure & compare net/total harvest mass of cannabinoids/terps it would be better
What do you mean by this? I think most dispensary weed GARBAGE is mass produced as fast as possible to be shipped out to store shelves to be sold to unsuspecting suckers. There's a whole generation of children new to smoking weed who've never been afforded the PRIVILEGE of smoking tuna can kush. So they're nonethewiser and continue consuming this Fruity Pebbles hayweed that's sold for a small mint at most dispensaries.

They must think it's like animals you find in the wild: the more colourful, the more potent the venom.

R

ritoMox

What do you mean by this? I think most dispensary weed GARBAGE is mass produced as fast as possible to be shipped out to store shelves to be sold to unsuspecting suckers. There's a whole generation of children new to smoking weed who've never been afforded the PRIVILEGE of smoking tuna can kush. So they're nonethewiser and continue consuming this Fruity Pebbles hayweed that's sold for a small mint at most dispensaries.

They must think it's like animals you find in the wild: the more colourful, the more potent the venom.
Wow, you just summed up the workings of our entire world in two sentences! Children of the Matrix!

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter

that was just to expand on the high EC kills the quality stance...
those that feed EC +3.5 do deny it, they say the buds are always the same no matter what you do...
I find that to be not true... hilarious defense... they just maximize their profit
some do EC +15 to finish off... thinking saltstress would increase cannabinoids, then too!

R

ritoMox

Truly epiphanous🤯 🙏

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

that was just to expand on the high EC kills the quality stance...
those that feed EC +3.5 do deny it, they say the buds are always the same no matter what you do...
I find that to be not true... hilarious defense... they just maximize their profit
some do EC +15 to finish off... thinking saltstress would increase cannabinoids, then too!
I've never gone the DWC route, so I'm unfamiliar with synthetic nutes and EC levels.

Seems complicated, you got a grow of sometimes hundreds, thousands of plants you need to manage nutrient/electrical conductivity levels (sometimes at decimal percentages). No wonder a lot of it ends up tasting like ass weed that gives you a headache. Especially when you consider they could've gone the easy route, made a shit TON of super soil that only needed watering. Why work harder, for what? I don't understand. If I ever had an operation, I'd be doing that, set up a timer in addition to my light timers that watered them every other day when the lights came on.

Edit: who the stoners think they are
Fhvghjhjnbhy

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I didn't read through the thread but me and a buddy bought a nug smasher a few years back. It worked okay. But it was literally a bottle jack connected to 2 heated plates, in a housing. The plates were small. 1/8 at a time max. For the same price I could've most easily put together my own with 5x larger plates. Plus the thing was cheap and started leaking hydraulic fluid the second day.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

I didn't read through the thread but me and a buddy bought a nug smasher a few years back. It worked okay. But it was literally a bottle jack connected to 2 heated plates, in a housing. The plates were small. 1/8 at a time max. For the same price I could've most easily put together my own with 5x larger plates. Plus the thing was cheap and started leaking hydraulic fluid the second day.
Did you return it? It carries a lifetime warranty, I just checked on their website.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Old school growers /breeders were not focused on 30% thc imo ! The difference is in the other cannabanoids imo.

Also why I like to press I feel I get a fuller spectrum buts that’s opinion !

Top Bottom