Beds Are For F***ing! Small Pots = Big Buds!

• Thread starter Prime C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

3g is small? Lol

Here's my white widow in a 3g pot week 6 of flower.

20190712 092104

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

It's subjective and I don't bother with the bottles and the high prices, let alone anything labeled for Coco, instead of I have used every dry fertilizer available and I have zero loyalty to any one company. With that said, GH Maxi Bloom &Grow, Veg+Bloom, MegaCrop and Mendocino Hydro by Growmore to name a few. With a little gypsum applied by top dressing I have made just about any and all fertilizers coco compatible if there really is such a thing. Having been a hydro tech and store owner I have used just about anything else you can name..

Sounds like we grow the exact same way - I do Jack's Hydro + top dressed gypsum with a serious focus on VPD. Looks fantastic!

918medical

918medical

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I stumbled across this the other night and have been thinking about it ever since. I was planning on using larger pots and feeding just once a day with coco/perlite mix, but instead I want to go ahead and go with smaller pots and multi-feed. I’m going to run four plants in 3 gal smart pots, in a 4x4x7 tent under a 480w HLG-550. I plan on manifolding the plants into 8 colas a piece, and then letting the plants veg until they are about 2-2.5 ft tall before flipping them. My question is, whenever my plants are drinking enough that I need to up my feeds from once a day to twice, do I change the strength of the feed I’m using at all? Or do I just keep using the same strength as long as I dont have any toxicities or deficiencies? I generally run my nutes between a quarter to half of what the feed schedule says anyways, feeding Dynagro Foliage-Pro through veg and in the first few weeks of flower, and ill start with bloom whenever i flip them into flower.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I stumbled across this the other night and have been thinking about it ever since. I was planning on using larger pots and feeding just once a day with coco/perlite mix, but instead I want to go ahead and go with smaller pots and multi-feed. I’m going to run four plants in 3 gal smart pots, in a 4x4x7 tent under a 480w HLG-550. I plan on manifolding the plants into 8 colas a piece, and then letting the plants veg until they are about 2-2.5 ft tall before flipping them. My question is, whenever my plants are drinking enough that I need to up my feeds from once a day to twice, do I change the strength of the feed I’m using at all? Or do I just keep using the same strength as long as I dont have any toxicities or deficiencies? I generally run my nutes between a quarter to half of what the feed schedule says anyways, feeding Dynagro Foliage-Pro through veg and in the first few weeks of flower, and ill start with bloom whenever i flip them into flower.
Keep it the same strength. Just make sure your using stable nutrients that the ph will stay consistent.

Xinmat

Xinmat

I'm using CDM Digibright ballast with Phillips Elite 942, 930 & I only use one for a 1m2 tent.
I'm getting different results, all ok, except for the height, which I am to blame as my original 942 broke, so I started a crop with 930 only 30cm away from plants, I raised it higher as soon as I received the new 940.
8/9 fingered leaves, pruned, and I'm watching it begin to grow up a little, 6 weeks into vegetation, realised that the plants always need time to recuperate after all the pruning & light change.
The Kali Mist is doing well. I'm worried that I have over done the wounds & may, when switching to 12/12 , I'll be disappointed.
What's everyone's CDM tip?
I enjoy the whole growing process

PureGardenz

PureGardenz

Here's the Forum cut in those 1 gallons. Stacked like a lady should be!

View attachment 486726
I’m currently in 1gal of pure coco and right around week 4 I hit issues with nute build up and seems like upibg to 2-3 times a day of water just soaks the hell out of the coco.. how much watering would you recommend during flower with pure coco ?

LiveandLearn502

LiveandLearn502

Pure coco as long as your in small pot you will be fine. As far as different sizes the chibky coco is hot with salts every time I have tried it. Always use the good stuff that's risned properly and is ph'd accordingly
can yo link me some stuff you use as far as growing? like soil, nutes ect

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I’m currently in 1gal of pure coco and right around week 4 I hit issues with nute build up and seems like upibg to 2-3 times a day of water just soaks the hell out of the coco.. how much watering would you recommend during flower with pure coco ?

Buddy of mine is a small pot coco veteran and he recommended I run enzymes bi-weekly to prevent exactly this from happening. So far no buildup issues going into the 5th week, I just did an enzyme flush a couple days ago when I flipped to flower.

I'm in 1 gal fabric pots of pure coco feeding to runoff 3x per 12 hr light cycle. I'm doing a 2 min soak 30min after lights on, and a 1 min refresh 4 hrs later, and a last watering 4.5 hrs after that, which is 3 hrs before lights out. So far seems fine, coco is saturated several times while the lights are on which is what you want, and I get enough dryback in the dark that the roots dont suffocate, but not so much that I get salt buildup issues.

Also have to say this thread is a real gem. I've done coco before years ago but this is my first time using it in 1 gal fabric pots and its kicking ass. I'm a believer!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
No, I've found that to be more of a calcium/nitrogen issue than anything else. I run my phosphorus the heaviest from week 2/3 in veg until the end of the stretch period in flower.

Interesting, this is the same advice I was given recently by someone I trust a lot. And judging by some of the grow pics you've shared, I trust you too lol.
Giving it a shot this round myself, I boosted my P and K the week before initiating flowering, and plan to taper it back at the end of stretch.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Interesting, this is the same advice I was given recently by someone I trust a lot. And judging by some of the grow pics you've shared, I trust you too lol.
Giving it a shot this round myself, I boosted my P and K the week before initiating flowering, and plan to taper it back at the end of stretch.
Not trying to be a bandwagon jumper, but I did the same thing this round in my other test tent. I started feeding flower tea week before light flip and only going to carry it to week 1 and week 3 feeds. Switch to Grow/Foundation week 5 and no more feeds.

I use soil not coco, but I believe it will transfer over well with some minor adjustments to the Grow/Foundation nutes on the back side.

philthyphil

philthyphil

Hey,
I'm a newby, and am running 6 litre pots, pure coco, 4 per 600w light, watering 4 times a day. I'm at day 30 flowering and all looking good. Big thx to this thread, followed some advise with great results so far..... will post pic once i figure that shit out
cheers

Akabudz

Akabudz

Hi all, just managed to read through most of this thread.
Some amazing information here. For that I thank you all.
So I have just finished a dwc in a 2x2 x 5 tent. Hit many problems but with help here overcame most
Here is where i need help, next run in the 2x2 x 5 ft space I will run coco in 1 gal fabric pots.
Now... Do i go one plant and train/lst/ scrog?
Or 4 plants each in 1 g pot and maybe top them?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

mikeross

mikeross

I'm currently multifeeding in 2gallon fabric pots in pure coco. I don't have any experience growing in pots this small/multifeeding in plastic pots.
I'm getting tired of cleaning fabric pots and last run I just started buying new ones. I'm thinking of making the switch to hard pots. I know the fabric pots self prune the roots.

Am I going to run into any root bound issues going to plastic pots?

Madmax

Madmax

2 gallon pots are the best IMO πŸ”₯
Video is Citral Skunk from Ethos 🌱
Harvested day 68 πŸͺ΅
Smells like Kool Aid fruit punch w a strong mix of musky gelato terps πŸ‘ŒπŸ½
😍.looks like fire.....how long did you veg bro and what did you yield all up..im about to start an ethos strain..i like the looks of there gear..

Cheers max..

Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

😍.looks like fire.....how long did you veg bro and what did you yield all up..im about to start an ethos strain..i like the looks of there gear..

Cheers max..
Vegged for 24 days , from Cloner > 2 gal
Yielded 6.3 Oz per plant. Almost hit the 3 per light marker

Latest posts

Top Bottom