• Thread starter ReelBusy1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

BeeLine vs Lighters vs Matches

• I flick my Bic (Lighters)

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Matches by the pack or box

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All Hemp from start to finish (BeeLine)

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • I'm still rubbing two sticks together...

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters
R

ReelBusy1

New poll about lighting your smoke and flavor.
Do you think taste is affected by lighting instrument?

The poll is BeeLine vs Lighters vs Matches.

Your thoughts?

:420:

S

stone69

We don't have all that fancy stuff in the cave... we use sticks and flint...

B

boxmunch9

i just started using a glass probe to light my bongs, and its a major difference in taste, you just have to smoke at the stove

K

KingCrimson

i just started using a glass probe to light my bongs, and its a major difference in taste, you just have to smoke at the stove

I would highly reccomend getting a torch lighter, and use that on the glass to heat it. I occasionally use the nail from my vapor globe to light bowls.

When I do burn, which is rarely now days, I use beeline. Love the stuff, use difference in taste. Some people I know bitch about having to put it out or the slight smell it smoldering makes and other isolated things but the fact of the matter is all unproven arguments either way aside, give me a blind taste test and I'll choose the bee line rip any day of the week.

S

StonedOwl

Bics man, ya gotta have a bic. I experimented with matches (bad taste and not enough lights), Zippos (too damn expensive and lost too easily) and torches (runs out of fluid or batteries too fast). Imho Bics kick the crap out of all other lighting apparatus. They light every time, burn clean and above all else, they are disposable.

K

KingCrimson

uh. burn clean? LOL sorry but no.

Hold your bic up to a clear drinking glass while lit. you see that black crap? thats tar and unburnt hydrocarbons, very similar to what comes out of a cars tail pipe.

edit:
made a video to underline the point.

That is part of the reason pipes accumulate 'resin' and also why I laugh and chastise those who scrape and smoke it but thats a whole other debate...

No method of combustion is clean because combustion is primitive crude and by nature un clean. Soot is unavoidable and even with a water pipe you are still inhaling neurotoxic chemical biproducts of combustion such as carbon monoxide.

Zippos are gross tasting, I knew that without having to smoke a bowl with them lol, just look at the wic, itd be like smoking with a kerosene candle lolol.

Torches work well if you can stand to learn a new technique, and I know many who cannot be bothered to, lol. I prefer to use them to heat a glass rod and then use the ambient heat off of that.

Matches contain sulfur and a host of other foul tasting and unhealthy chemicals, so to me its no surprise that a Bic would beat both of those drastically inferior methods.

But the fact remains, every time you strike a bit you are emitting not only the host of unburt fuel but also the soot and debris from the flint as well. A variety of things I just do not care to inhale, thanks.

My bowls of herb are testament to the difference too, burn to all white powder, as Jason King and the Cannabible says good herb should? or to a black gross ash thanks to ineffective and polluted combustion? again no thanks.

S

StonedOwl

I know its not clean, clean. lol Its just clean compared to most other ways.

I have never heard of using a glass rod like that, Ill be looking into that.

Edit: and yeah, smoking resin is just silly, It hardly gets ya high and Its pretty much a pure carcinogen.

K

KingCrimson

yeah agreed, compared to matches/zippo for damn sure its better.

the glass rod thing comes highly recomended. Used to be my favorite way to smoke was at my glass blower friend's house, he would make two rods with dime sized circles on the end, heat them till they were red hot and then smash a peice of herb between them while you use a hooter and suck up the smoke. it was like super knifing.
But single red hot glass rod like 1/4 inch away from the bowl is enough to get it going very nicely, and preserves the flavor quite well.
The negative there is dealing with glass thats multiple hundreds of degress whilst one becomes inebreated.

B

boxmunch9

i snatched a blowtorch and use on the glass probe, works amazing. also bought the vapor globe for my oil, which is the greatest bowl piece ive ever used

U

uwg13

uh. burn clean? LOL sorry but no.

Hold your bic up to a clear drinking glass while lit. you see that black crap? thats tar and unburnt hydrocarbons, very similar to what comes out of a cars tail pipe.

edit:
made a video to underline the point.

That is part of the reason pipes accumulate 'resin' and also why I laugh and chastise those who scrape and smoke it but thats a whole other debate...

No method of combustion is clean because combustion is primitive crude and by nature un clean. Soot is unavoidable and even with a water pipe you are still inhaling neurotoxic chemical biproducts of combustion such as carbon monoxide.

Zippos are gross tasting, I knew that without having to smoke a bowl with them lol, just look at the wic, itd be like smoking with a kerosene candle lolol.

Torches work well if you can stand to learn a new technique, and I know many who cannot be bothered to, lol. I prefer to use them to heat a glass rod and then use the ambient heat off of that.

Matches contain sulfur and a host of other foul tasting and unhealthy chemicals, so to me its no surprise that a Bic would beat both of those drastically inferior methods.

But the fact remains, every time you strike a bit you are emitting not only the host of unburt fuel but also the soot and debris from the flint as well. A variety of things I just do not care to inhale, thanks.

My bowls of herb are testament to the difference too, burn to all white powder, as Jason King and the Cannabible says good herb should? or to a black gross ash thanks to ineffective and polluted combustion? again no thanks.

sadly true

lighter+joint= no butane inhalation :)

i always leave a wick at the end of my J so i don't hit the butane.

as for zippos doesnt that have kerosene in it? that cant be good...

L

l33t

When I light my spliffs/joints , no matter how well grown/ferted/flushed I try not to inhale the first or first couple of tokes , they always seem to taste weird. I believe its from the non-perfect / incomplete combustion.

If I use a gas lighter I try to not really suck the flame I just try to put the end of the spliff near the flame from the lighter till I get combustion from the high heat. As soon as the end becomes red hot I remove the flame and start to draw air from the spliff so it starts to burn properly without inhaling any smoke again till it starts to burn smoothly. I may lose a bit of THC this way..but I usually have enough weed not to worry about that. This way I dont get any nasty tastes

T

they call me j

i threw away ALL my lighters! now i just have wicks...but i cant figure out how to light them...

lol j/k i use bic ovals all the way. would love to switch up ti heating a glass rod for all my hash bongs tho..i can definitley taste by products of cumbustion when hittin a bong..regardless of water.

:thinking

AquaLabTech

AquaLabTech

Hashish Connoisseur
Bee Line

Bee Line.

Beeswax and hemp burning wick.
An alternative to butane lighters and matches

Bee Line is organic hemp string dipped in organic beeswax. It is a multi purpose product made from two ancient renewable resources straight from Mother Nature. It is used as an all-natural alternative to light fine cigars, hand rolled tobacco cigarettes, medicinal herbs and pipes. It doesn’t alter the taste and when extinguished correctly doesn’t put off any excess smoke. While Bee Line does need an external flame (and yes, lighters work great) your not inhaling the butane gas and flint directly form the lighter. We’ve alsofound candles to work great for the repeated lighting of the Bee Line. Bee Line aids in candle repair and canalso be used for lighting candles, campfires, and gas stoves. It’s even handy in the garden to tie down plants and attract bees to pollinate them.
Most people are aware of the fact that inhaling chemicals, toxic gasses and their fumes pose serious health problems. So then why is it that we make an
exception when smoking with butane lighters and matches?
Attempting to light anything natural with a flame fueled by a toxic gas or chemicals drastically alters the smoke making it unnatural and toxic.Unknown amounts of people are affected by the seemingly unrelated effects of lighters everyday. Many problems stem from the simple lack of information out there on butane and it’s harmful effects. These include…. headache, disorientation, drowsiness, muscle weakness, agitation, lack of coordination, birth defects, depression,irritability, inattentiveness, damage to brain, nervous system, spinal cord, heart liver kidney, lungs and bone marrow. The chemicals used in the manufacture of the matchstick and strike surface include…antimony trisulfide, urea formaldehyde, powdered glass, paraffin wax, gelatin, silica, potassium chlorate, animal glue, sulpher, red phosphorus, and two fillers. Half of which gets emitted into the air, and the other gets thrown away. Wood is the major raw material for manufacturing matchsticks. The match industry has been dependent on only a few species of
wood, which are now in short supply. Cardboard matches are usually made with recycled paper but all the same chemicals are still present. More than 1.5 billion lighters end up in landfills annually. Plastic, matches and their books and boxes contain chemicals from petroleum and metallic chemicals such as antimony which can be carcinogenic when exposed to ground water. Most plastic does not biodegrade.

Beeswax is one of nature’s most perfect products. It has been used since the beginning of civilization. It has been found in Pharaohs’ tombs, Viking ships and Roman ruins. Beeswax is the only fuel to emit air cleansing and balanced negative ions while burning, removing toxins and impurities from the air. Unlike a
match and other waxes which release soot, toxins, and impurities, it leaves the air cleaner than before it was burned. Beeswax burns brighter longer and cleaner
than any other wax, which are by products of the petroleum industry. The spectrum of light emitted from the flame is identical to that of the sun. Studies
have shown that burning beeswax stimulates the pituitary gland increasing intuition creativity and heightening dream activity. Beeswax does not
deteriorate over time.
Hemp is the oldest known cultivated crop. Hemp is ready for harvest in 120 days compared to a tree’s tens to hundreds of years to reach maturity. It
putsdown a taproot in 30 days, preventing topsoil erosion. It doesn’t require much irrigation and will grow in arid regions. Hemp’s soil nutrients concentrate
in the plants roots and leaves. After harvest the roots remain and the leaves are returned to the fields, so soil nutrients are preserved. Hemp is a beneficial crop
for the earth itself. It is very easy on the land. It doesn’t need many nutrients so doesn’t require chemical fertilizer. Hemp out competes other weeds so it doesn’t need herbicides to thrive. Even THC free strains produce their own resin that makes the crop naturally pest free, so it doesn’t require toxic chemical
pesticides. Hemp actually leaves the soil in better condition than before it was planted.
We can all do our part in bettering earth and ourselves by choosing organic products over synthetic, chemical, and petroleum based ones. Organic
agriculture reduces exposure to toxic chemicals from synthetic pesticides that can end up in the ground, air, water, and food supply, and ultimately us.

Aqua Lab Tech

View attachment bee-line-hemp-wicks.pdf
Topbee 055
Bee line hemp wick hexagon 33 155x170 1
P

Pyro G.

^^^WOW!!!! Well said AquaLabTech. I prefer 2 vape myself, but on those occasions when da fellas stop by & a vortex orice bong is required....bee line is my choice. I mean, would u wanna go to a steak house and eat an 11oz porterhouse that taste like propane or lighter fluid? Like my steaks, i prefer the clean, natural flavor. Just my .02.

P

punkadc

i like the glass glow rods the best...
beeline is cool when you dont have access to a torch..
bic is my least fav, but i use it out of laziness alot, cuz i dont always have beeline...
fuck a zippo...
matches....only if im desperate....lol

Top Bottom