Been Using The Wrong Fertilizer.

• Thread starter mdmazing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mdmazing

mdmazing

I dont understand how i didnt noticed, but i've been using bloom fertilizers since day 1. She is on week 9.
I've been using this "N - 1,9%, P205 - 6.9%, K20 - 4.1%". But just a little bit, at least i don't put much.

I need to buy a proper one.
I have to buy a very high on N am i right? I probably dont need to worry about the rest.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I dont understand how i didnt noticed, but i've been using bloom fertilizers since day 1. She is on week 9.
I've been using this "N - 1,9%, P205 - 6.9%, K20 - 4.1%". But just a little bit, at least i don't put much.

I have to buy a very high on N am i right? I probably dont need to worry about the rest.
whats your plant look like,dont get caught up on the hype,you would be surprise what your plants dont need

Srenots

Srenots

have any pics?

mdmazing

mdmazing

hahaha ok thats good news. the main one is looking great, but i have another two that are not so good. but i dont pay much attention to them.
anyway i think i am going to buy a fertilizer with some N

IMG 20160612 2109231
IMG 20160612 2110281

mdmazing

mdmazing

I add some pics.
Notice how the 2 small plants are not looking great. But its probably my fault, messing and moving them around.
(In the pictures they are inside because its raining right now)

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

hahaha ok thats good news. the main one is looking great, but i have another two that are not so good. but i dont pay much attention to them.
anyway i think i am going to buy a fertilizer with some N
well i cant answer you if i cant see a picture,but will say,i use botanicare pro blend ,start to finish ,boast with kool bloom every month but last month,not the product but how much you use friend,ive grown lot of plants with cow manure and chicken manure,any one product dont make or break ya,its how to use them friend,soil bioligy is were all the magic happens,you can feed everyday ,twice a day,that plant aint gonna take what it dont want,and most these nutrient on the market are shit that kills all your bioligy in your soil,which leads to all these defiencies you see,called lock out,you dig me,if a plant looks like it needs n to you,what caused it to give you that thought right,you think n but what locked out to make it yellow or whatever,to much of something else caused it,now you build that soil bioligy and keep it happy you dont need nutrients,soil is alive and feed teas,thats about it,throw them chemicals and next time i see ya ,you will want to be trying soil less or water or whatever,point is dont get wrapped up in a money grubbing game of nutes,there shit,a quart of water with a little something that has a color and kills your magic,any way seen your thread over in unanswered and thought i would holler at ya

mdmazing

mdmazing

well i cant answer you if i cant see a picture,but will say,i use botanicare pro blend ,start to finish ,boast with kool bloom every month but last month,not the product but how much you use friend,ive grown lot of plants with cow manure and chicken manure,any one product dont make or break ya,its how to use them friend,soil bioligy is were all the magic happens,you can feed everyday ,twice a day,that plant aint gonna take what it dont want,and most these nutrient on the market are shit that kills all your bioligy in your soil,which leads to all these defiencies you see,called lock out,you dig me,if a plant looks like it needs n to you,what caused it to give you that thought right,you think n but what locked out to make it yellow or whatever,to much of something else caused it,now you build that soil bioligy and keep it happy you dont need nutrients,soil is alive and feed teas,thats about it,throw them chemicals and next time i see ya ,you will want to be trying soil less or water or whatever,point is dont get wrapped up in a money grubbing game of nutes,there shit,a quart of water with a little something that has a color and kills your magic,any way seen your thread over in unanswered and thought i would holler at ya
I feel you! I looked for bat guano and worm casting, but with no success. So the easiest way was fertilizer... what made me believe it need N was weak logic, pure assumption... :P

The bigger is looking good, the other two are loosing color. But they should be good... I should be careful not to put them too much nutrients, since i've been putting maybe too much of the wrong one. Thanks :)
IMG 20160612 2134581
IMG 20160612 2133461

Srenots

Srenots

I feel you! I looked for bat guano and worm casting, but with no success. So the easiest way was fertilizer... what made me believe it need N was weak logic, pure assumption... :p

The bigger is looking good, the other two are loosing color. But they should be good... I should be careful not to put them too much nutrients, since i've been putting maybe too much of the wrong one. Thanks :)
View attachment 607530 View attachment 607531
they don't look that bad...overwatering can be an issue if you do that too much also.... just pick up the pot they are in and judge for yourself if they are heavy or not, tells you how much to feed....

mdmazing

mdmazing

they don't look that bad...overwatering can be an issue if you do that too much also.... just pick up the pot they are in and judge for yourself if they are heavy or not, tells you how much to feed....
You might be right, i've been watering them a lot and the soil is not the best. But the transplant was today and i added a bunch of perlite and going to do the same with the others when my pot arrives from the internet.
So they should be better :)

Srenots

Srenots

You might be right, i've been watering them a lot and the soil is not the best. But the transplant was today and i added a bunch of perlite and going to do the same with the others when my pot arrives from the internet.
So they should be better :)
a good thing to go by, is when you transplant into another pot, recognize how heavy that pot is with new dirt( without watering)....keep that weight in your mind, so later when u are picking up pots to check how wet they are, you can go by that weight ....ur good..obviously if you are getting ready to water, if the pot is real heavy then just wait....they don't need a sht load of watering, I'm coco and that's what I do, just sayin....hope this helps..

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

a good thing to go by, is when you transplant into another pot, recognize how heavy that pot is with new dirt( without watering)....keep that weight in your mind, so later when u are picking up pots to check how wet they are, you can go by that weight ....ur good..obviously if you are getting ready to water, if the pot is real heavy then just wait....they don't need a sht load of watering, I'm coco and that's what I do, just sayin....hope this helps..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

are they just seedlings? no nutes need if they are....
Cmon dude Contrary to popular belief once seedlings have true set of leaves and root structure nutrients is essential for proper growth
here 6 week old seedling she is a beast standing already @ 3 feet tall with organic soil ..
You think plant would be this size in a medium with out any nutrients and only given water ??
IMG3722

Moto

Moto

Cmon dude Contrary to popular belief once seedlings have true set of leaves and root structure nutrients is essential for proper growth
here 6 week old seedling she is a beast standing already @ 3 feet tall with organic soil ..
You think plant would be this size in a medium with out any nutrients and only given water ?? View attachment 607572

Don't step on peoples toes when you apparently are not fully knowledgeable on the subject.. Your own statement makes you look silly and arrogant..

To answer your question.. Yes after the Cotyledon leaves the plant does start taking in nutrients and photosynthesis, but to say you think you can grow a plant like this in "Organic Soil?" Heheheheheh... :D

Yes you can with only water.. LOL and most media's do have enough nutrients to feed the plant until late veg/early flower or longer with right biology.. Unless in soil-less media and even then some good compost tea's will give the biology...

Sorry for side tracking the thread.. Nice job on the plants :D

Last edited:
Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Wrong cotyledon are the first organ in a seedling that starts to photosynthesis its has 2 functions to store foods and also photosynthesis.. but to rely on them to feed your plant at the beginning is looking for trouble .. one root structure is established it transfers storage to roots
There was a thread on some site not sure if it was here or another where under controlled conditions a person started seedlngs one with out nutrients next batch 50 ppm next 100 and so on .. He went up to 300 ppm i believe the results clearly prove a point the most fed seedlings out grew others astronomically looked healthier compared to others Day and night difference
when we seed our farms we fertilize then plant in some cases we purchase coated seeds that have already nutrients and pesticides attached to the seed :)

Moto

Moto

Wrong cotyledon are the first organ in a seedling that starts to photosynthesis its has 2 functions to store foods and also photosynthesis.. but to rely on them to feed your plant at the beginning is looking for trouble .. one root structure is established it transfers storage to roots
There was a thread on some site not sure if it was here or another where under controlled conditions a person started seedlngs one with out nutrients next batch 50 ppm next 100 and so on .. He went up to 300 ppm i believe the results clearly prove a point the most fed seedlings out grew others astronomically looked healthier compared to others Day and night difference
when we seed our farms we fertilize then plant in some cases we purchase coated seeds that have already nutrients and pesticides attached to the seed :)

Googling the exact facts of Cotyledon leaves doesn't change the fact I was stating.. It makes no difference in this discussion.. If you think you need pesticide and nutrients attached to the seed or chemical nutrients for results you are very wrong..

Don't believe everything you read or you will continue to be stuck in the Chemical Age. Buying seeds coated with Pesticides or ppm nutrients attached is funny... I can promise where you buy from has a very big smile with every sale. =)

"Relying on Cotyledon leaves is trouble".. hehehe.. Mother nature is smarter then your chemical applications.. Remember that.

Send me a pm if you would like to talk more since we are ruining this guys thread and I am sorry.

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

no need for fertilizer if you have soil bioligy friend,that the nutrient company talking,with compost and bioligy,the plant has all it need right in the sky,N P K was created by fertilizer sales ,not because it is always needed again your soil structure uptakes only what it needs,not what you want it to need,most def problems stem from over fertlization,locks out something or another,but friend you are right about one thing,ive grown this herb with chicken annd cow shit,alone and did it all threw the 70's and 80's before the fertilizer bandit swayed everyone,WHATS YOUR NPK,soil bioligy friend

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

You think plant would be this size in a medium with out any nutrients and only given water ?? View attachment 607572
with soil bioligy yes i do,i dont feed nothing but water in veg,when im ready to flip,i start feeding compost tea 2 weeks before flip,all thes were grown with water and tea every other week

2 1 002
2 1 004
Top Bottom