Beginner advice for auto seedlings

• Thread starter Richudlen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Richudlen

Richudlen

Hi from Atlanta, GA

Last year I planted my seeds on 4/20 but realized it was too late and I got caught in major humidity and rain battles with my plants.

So this year I started my autos on 3/1. Bought plant lights and heat mat. Domed them and all was ok but the unseasonably cold has caused lots of troubles. Tough getting the humidity and room temp high enough. 65 degrees at night and humidity is high 20’s and low 30’s.

I put them outside when it is warm enough but it has not been more than a few times because of the rain, lack of sun, or cold.

Would any nutrients help? Or is it more about temperature control? Are they salvageable?

Thanks!!!

Beginner advice for auto seedlings
Beginner advice for auto seedlings 2
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
they are autos, it has definitely stressed them and with autos, that is not the best situation.

they need light, heat, and water. not much way to get around those things. enough light would take care of heat, most likely - so getting a cheap indoor lighting source. a small space heater for heat could do wonders. water them, make sure there are drainage holes in the containers. and the bottoms are not sitting in water - so put something like gravel in the saucer and put the saucer under the pot. i would normally say not to keep the pot over the water, but you need humidity. so, a cheap way is to use a bucket of water, or bowls, just having a bit of water and the temp up a bit and you will have humidity.

just a thought. i dont know a lot, i am a first time grower

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

100% need drainage hols, harden them off indoror smore, they look as thogh they ahave the plant version of sun stroke to me, shade them over when the suns at the hottest point untill they are bigger and stronger stems, in the uk its only just getting safe to plant outdoors now and any earlier would have been way too cold, i am assuming you are in a hotter climate or south uk maybe at the most. you could feed silica to help the plants become stronger and seaweed tonics can help to with enviromental stresses. also if they are autos pot them into bigge rpots asap as your not supposed to transplant them as this most likely will cause stunting and you cant control the veg time

Latest posts

Top Bottom