Beginner Dwc - Need Advice

• Thread starter Tonythetiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

Tucking, as in grab them and tuck them under another leaf or branch or whatever. The way I see it, pulling one leaf off won't make much difference to how much light your plant gets, won't really stress it out much etc. But you could strip half or more of the fan leaves off and I guarantee you that in no time at all it will all grow back. If your plants healthy.

I like to strip most of the fan leaves off in the last week before harvest. I see it as less baggage for it to sustain, gives the buds and sugar leaves a little more direct light. Probably stresses the hell out of her, but she's not gonna hermie in 5 days, and is likely stressed anyway as she's coming to the end of her life and nobody's even pollinated her.

That, and I would have slowly weaned her totally off of nutes and not watered at all for the last couple of days. (Coco Coir)
That makes sense. So you stop feeding a week before harvest? What is a solid rule Of thumb for topping of nutes?

dan1989

dan1989

That makes sense. So you stop feeding a week before harvest? What is a solid rule Of thumb for topping of nutes?

That's just my opinions that I've drawn from my personal experiences man, don't take it as science lol. There's more than one way to skin a cat, but I'm not in the business of telling people shit unless I know the shit works. I've done my experiments and whatnot.

I now grow in 50/50 coco and vermiculite, hand watered, I don't really know anything about DWC unfortunately. Same principle but I know stuff happens quickly in DWC so you'll have to get someone to help with that I'm afraid. But I know about plant training as is shown in my grow log, that's what I can help with.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

That's just my opinions that I've drawn from my personal experiences man, don't take it as science lol. There's more than one way to skin a cat, but I'm not in the business of telling people shit unless I know the shit works. I've done my experiments and whatnot.

I now grow in 50/50 coco and vermiculite, hand watered, I don't really know anything about DWC unfortunately. Same principle but I know stuff happens quickly in DWC so you'll have to get someone to help with that I'm afraid. But I know about plant training as is shown in my grow log, that's what I can help with.
Any and all help is truly appreciated man! I’m def gonna need help on training. Thanks for everything you’ve helped on!

dan1989

dan1989

Any and all help is truly appreciated man! I’m def gonna need help on training. Thanks for everything you’ve helped on!

No problem, welcome to the farm.

Oh and I think you're best leaving the plant be for now. I wouldn't start training yet. Be patient man, the time will come. There's a lot of sitting and waiting in this game lol

Polar510

Polar510

1 easy way to train, is to bend the plant over and tie it down to the side of the pot. Its a 1 and done pretty much and doesn't stress the plant, no need to top it.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

No problem, welcome to the farm.

Oh and I think you're best leaving the plant be for now. I wouldn't start training yet. Be patient man, the time will come. There's a lot of sitting and waiting in this game lol
Yeah man Its Something I keep telling myself.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

1 easy way to train, is to bend the plant over and tie it down to the side of the pot. Its a 1 and done pretty much and doesn't stress the plant, no need to top it.
No need to top at all or no need to top right now?

Polar510

Polar510

You dont top all with that technique.
And because Your not stressing the plant by topping it, You will decrease your veg time also.

dan1989

dan1989

It's all valid but if you're maintaining a healthy plant, shouldn't be a problem. I can't imagine doing a grow without topping at least 3 or 4 growth tips at least.

If speed is of the essence, I'd just stuff the tent full and don't do any training at all.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

It's all valid but if you're maintaining a healthy plant, shouldn't be a problem. I can't imagine doing a grow without topping at least 3 or 4 growth tips at least.

If speed is of the essence, I'd just stuff the tent full and don't do any training at all.
Oh no I plan on using a couple of training methods. I’m willing to sacrifice time for the best results!

dan1989

dan1989

ive been researching like crazy but I’m still hungry for knowledge. What about the SCROG method makes it take forever?

It's not gonna add months on, but you're gonna be training the plant like crazy, producing multiple growth tips, letting the growth tips grow through the mesh, then weaving the tips over and under, spreading through the mesh.

The results are beautiful, but I bet I could do just as good a job with no net at all. PLUS how about if you need to move the plant, which is nice to be able to do, to rotate the plant every few days to spread the light around the plant.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

It's not gonna add months on, but you're gonna be training the plant like crazy, producing multiple growth tips, letting the growth tips grow through the mesh, then weaving the tips over and under, spreading through the mesh.

The results are beautiful, but I bet I could do just as good a job with no net at all. PLUS how about if you need to move the plant, which is nice to be able to do, to rotate the plant every few days to spread the light around the plant.
What would you due in place of SCROG? Super Cropping?

dan1989

dan1989

Now you may be wondering why I said you need to top when scroggin. Because you are growing in the centre of a tent, if you just bend it over, your plant is all over one side and takes longer to fill the mesh and you will certainly have less growth tips to work with. Search for scrog pics, they say it all. Topped.

Polar510

Polar510

You have one plant .
I mean regardless your veg time is going to be extended, if you want to fill the canopy.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

Now you may be wondering why I said you need to top when scroggin. Because you are growing in the centre of a tent, if you just bend it over, your plant is all over one side and takes longer to fill the mesh and you will certainly have less growth tips to work with. Search for scrog pics, they say it all. Topped.
Yeah I know that I will be topping for sure just waiting for the right time

Top Bottom