Beginner Dwc - Need Advice

• Thread starter Tonythetiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

You have one plant .
I mean regardless your veg time is going to be extended, if you want to fill the canopy.
Should I wait for the canopy to be filled before flipping it to 12/12? Otis the the general thing to do?

Polar510

Polar510

Heres how I run scrog:
I top once at 18"
Then when the apex cola spilts into 2 and grows up I bend them apart and down.
Then that gives all the rest a chance to catch up to the 2 mains.
When the lowers catch up I guide them thru the trellis. With this method there is not alot of stress to the plant and You will see a good canopy.
Apex doesnt actually split lol edit

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

Heres how I run scrog:
I top once at 18"
Then when the apex cola spilts into 2 and grows up I bend them apart and down.
Then that gives all the rest a chance to catch up to the 2 mains.
When the lowers catch up I guide them thru the trellis. With this method there is not alot of stress to the plant and You will see a good canopy.
Apex doesnt actually split lol edit
Sounds like everything I’ve been reading

Polar510

Polar510

I think the best advice I can give You right now in is to keep Your PH Meter dialed in.
Calibrate it more then necessary and use the KCI storage solution to store it.
PH is so crucial in a dwc.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

I think the best advice I can give You right now in is to keep Your PH Meter dialed in.
Calibrate it more then necessary and use the KCI storage solution to store it.
PH is so crucial in a dwc.
Oh yeah man trust me I know. Luckily I won a blue lab ph pen in a raffle at my hydro shop

H

heisen

I removed the other thread because that thread was an almost exact duplicate of this thread in the same section.people would get confused on which one to comment on.
Try and only do one thread per grow in the future and you will get better feedback and help

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

I removed the other thread because that thread was an almost exact duplicate of this thread in the same section.people would get confused on which one to comment on.
Try and only do one thread per grow in the future and you will get better feedback and help
Sorry bout that. But to answer what you put on my other thread, i lowered my light to 24" above my plant. Is that a good height or should i change it?

H

heisen

I dont know much about the par output on that light.24 inches seems ok.justvwatch the plant and see what it tells u

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

First: get rid of that blue light special POS. That much blue is bad for your eyes, not good for root development. See Quantum Board threads for quality yet inexpensive and proper (white) lighting

Next:
Your plant is getting way too much water/nutes (what is your ppm?) Put your water pump on a deep cycle timer ~ 1 minute on//20-30 minutes off

Doesn't that pump run hot and noisy? Heat is another problem

See my Hail Hydro 2.0:New Beginnings thread for ideas and here's why blue or blurple lights ar wrong for cannabis, or anything really

hth

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

First: get rid of that blue light special POS. That much blue is bad for your eyes, not good for root development. See Quantum Board threads for quality yet inexpensive and proper (white) lighting

Next:
Your plant is getting way too much water/nutes (what is your ppm?) Put your water pump on a deep cycle timer ~ 1 minute on//20-30 minutes off

Doesn't that pump run hot and noisy? Heat is another problem

See my Hail Hydro 2.0:New Beginnings thread for ideas and here's why blue or blurple lights ar wrong for cannabis, or anything really

hth
I’ll def take a look but I think ima try out this light for right now. What should the proper ppm be? The Nutes I’m using make it run high. My pump surprisingly runs pretty quite and not hot at all. I just keep it suspended in the air and it seems to do just fine. Thanks for the help!

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I’ll def take a look but I think ima try out this light for right now. What should the proper ppm be? The Nutes I’m using make it run high. My pump surprisingly runs pretty quite and not hot at all. I just keep it suspended in the air and it seems to do just fine. Thanks for the help!

It's too hard to say because of the lack of green and red spectrum. Plants can only feed propery when they are getting a full spectrum of light, which is what feeding schedules are based on. In the early days of led, I bought 3 and 4 bulb vanity fixtures fro HD/Lowes and used screw bulb leds (Warm white, and cool white). In your case I would get warm white and neutral white: 2 NW for veg and 2-4 warm white for flower, but by the time you cost that out you could get a QB 100 or so

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

It's too hard to say because of the lack of green and red spectrum. Plants can only feed propery when they are getting a full spectrum of light, which is what feeding schedules are based on. In the early days of led, I bought 3 and 4 bulb vanity fixtures fro HD/Lowes and used screw bulb leds (Warm white, and cool white). In your case I would get warm white and neutral white: 2 NW for veg and 2-4 warm white for flower, but by the time you cost that out you could get a QB 100 or so
I actually just read that for my light most people just put it on full spectrum for the whole grow so i'm going to try that out.

Top Bottom