Beginner grower needs some assistance.

• Thread starter Dfletch60
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dfletch60

Dfletch60

Howdy ya'll
I wanted to throw out some questions and concerns.
I have grown 3 plants over the past 10 months. All have been grown indoors under a 600w light running 24/7. My current plant is Candyland from Garden of Green.
It was started 6/29 and has only grown 5 inches.
The plant food I was feeding it was not measured correctly and started to burn the lower leaves.
So it has been on strictly water for the past 10 days to flush out the food, it already looks better
But is not growing.
Has the overdose of fertilizer done irreversible damage?
Any ideas?

JTtanne

JTtanne

Try dialing the light back to 12-18 on. Keep up with straight water until u see growth. Any pics?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sounds like your over watering but no way anyone can tell without pics of the plants and a better description.

What nutrients?
how much was to much?
Watering practices?
Media?
Temp and humidity?
Lights and intensity etc.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here READ THIS. And I moved the thread to the proper section so hopefully you get more interest

Dfletch60

Dfletch60

So here are some pics with the food I have been using. In January I harvested Rhino Ryder using the same food and light 24/7. Had an OK crop, little over an ounce of bud. Good stuff, could have been better.
The Big Bloom is used every other watering, or every other day. 15ml per gallon
Grow Big is once a week 2.5ml per gallon.
The light is from Plant Light a full spectrum 600w.
Small closet with air flow.
Thanks, not sure how much info you guys need.

Image0 1
Image1
Image2
IMG 1681
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So here are some pics with the food I have been using. In January I harvested Rhino Ryder using the same food and light 24/7. Had an OK crop, little over an ounce of bud. Good stuff, could have been better.
The Big Bloom is used every other watering, or every other day. 15ml per gallon
Grow Big is once a week 2.5ml per gallon.
The light is from Plant Light a full spectrum 600w.
Small closet with air flow.
Thanks, not sure how much info you guys need.
What's the soil?
I would say your probably right to lay off the nutrients all together.
Do you have a ppm or ph meter?

A plant that size in that pot and in those temps may need water once a week or longer until it establish.

Probably not an ideal pot for drainage.

Tempa could go up to 75-80f to help speed up growth and your wet dry cycle.

It looks to me like its been consistently over watered and is stunted because of that. Likely a weak root system also because of that. Let it dry out until it basically feels like the put is full of Styrofoam. Even to the point it might droop so you get an idea of how to water. Once they start drooping and you water they will literally perk back up within hours. I sont recommend letting them go that far everytime but just so you can see how light those pots should be before watering.

I had a clone dried right out this morning, the main stem was at 90 degrees... i literally watched it within 10 mins straighten right out. I'm going to do this again so I can video it. It was the first time I actually payed close attention to it and not just walked away... it was amazing to see. Granted I keep my clones cool so they grow slower but none the less.. it was amazing to see

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Soil is Happy Frog potting soil.
I keep the soil moist with light watering each day with fertilizers listed above.
Stop all ferts that soil has plenty in it already and let that pot dry out very well. Its gonna be probably a week or more and your likely gonna see nute burn once it starts taking up water and growing again.

Dfletch60

Dfletch60

What's the soil?
I would say your probably right to lay off the nutrients all together.
Do you have a ppm or ph meter?

A plant that size in that pot and in those temps may need water once a week or longer until it establish.

Probably not an ideal pot for drainage.

Tempa could go up to 75-80f to help speed up growth and your wet dry cycle.

It looks to me like its been consistently over watered and is stunted because of that. Likely a weak root system also because of that. Let it dry out until it basically feels like the put is full of Styrofoam. Even to the point it might droop so you get an idea of how to water. Once they start drooping and you water they will literally perk back up within hours. I sont recommend letting them go that far everytime but just so you can see how light those pots should be before watering.

I had a clone dried right out this morning, the main stem was at 90 degrees... i literally watched it within 10 mins straighten right out. I'm going to do this again so I can video it. It was the first time I actually payed close attention to it and not just walked away... it was amazing to see. Granted I keep my clones cool so they grow slower but none the less.. it was amazing to see
Thanks for the info, the pot is clay with drainage at the bottom, and I put a couple of small rocks in the bottom for slower drainage.
I'll back off the watering and let it dry up, I charted my watering habits with last plant, but I improperly measured the fertilizer in my gallon jugs. BIG mistake.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the info, the pot is clay with drainage at the bottom, and I put a couple of small rocks in the bottom for slower drainage.
I'll back off the watering and let it dry up, I charted my watering habits with last plant, but I improperly measured the fertilizer in my gallon jugs. BIG mistake.
You need no ferts for probably a month in that soil... if the plant was growing. I would say atleast 3weeks to a month before you need at this point.

tifosi

tifosi

You need no ferts for probably a month in that soil... if the plant was growing. I would say atleast 3weeks to a month before you need at this point.
That soil has about a week worth of nutrients and not much perlite.I use it as a starter with ocean Forrest on the bottom of the pot

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That soil has about a week worth of nutrients and not much perlite.I use it as a starter with ocean Forrest on the bottom of the pot
A week? Guess we can agree to disagree. Imo a week old plant will get enough nutrients from just plain tap water. Pot size needs to be take into account but I just cannot see it only having enough for a week. Thats not even enough time for the roots to spread through the pot.

Last edited:
Dfletch60

Dfletch60

I also have started Maui seeds I found and in the Happy Frog potting soil with a little Perilite mixed in.
Watering only with distilled water, no fertilizer yet and the new seedlings are starting to turn yellow.
What am I doing wrong.

IMG 1726
IMG 1727
IMG 1728
Dfletch60

Dfletch60

Started as seeds, used a moist paper towel in a glass to sprout, just moved them to soil last Sunday.

Top Bottom