Beginner here woke up to a droopy seedling HELP! Please

• Thread starter Ambitiousone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rooke

Rooke

I would lean towards not touching/worrying about the seed shell. it will not stunt the growth or hurt anything. It's just cosmetic.

The seedling is looking great! And glad to hear it's handling longer in normal air without dropping.

Don't be shy to leave it out longer. If you're around to keep an eye on it, you should leave it out UNTIL it droops, and then put it back under the dome. This is called hardening and will make it acclimate to your grow environment faster than babying it.

Don't forget to keep watering it often since that perlite won't hold it for long.

Try not to get the plant its self or it's leaves wet. That's just asking for other problems.

I hope you keep us updated on the progress!
I never said put water on the leaves I said a drop of water on the shell to soften it up a bit. It works when you have a stubborn shell I’ve never had a problem with it the leaves are covered at that point therefore you don’t have light magnifying the drop of water. It’s worked for me several of these needed a little help they just started week 3 but I harden them as soon as they break soil and never lost one just trying to pass on my experience is all

F2C92FC7 E45C 406F B493 86E7EA8C8B8A
Rooke

Rooke

I never said put water on the leaves I said a drop of water on the shell to soften it up a bit. It works when you have a stubborn shell I’ve never had a problem with it the leaves are covered at that point therefore you don’t have light magnifying the drop of water. It’s worked for me several of these needed a little help they just started week 3 but I harden them as soon as they break soil and never lost one just trying to pass on my experience is all
I thought domes were for clones

QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

Hey. It looks good to me. Those first seed leaves are supposed to shrivel up and fall off. Drooping is normal as long as the stem is straight up. I would get it back under the dome until it is a couple of nodes big, then introduce it to lower humidity little bits at a time before its time to move to the DWC bucket.
not to be combative here but there's just different ways of doing things that get different results. We have tested this on more than 20 runs and the absolute best results we get with seeds is to put them into an AOK rockwool and then immediately put that AOK into a 6-in block and leave them in the room you're going to veg them in with no hood and no extra humidity control. We've gone to extremes and put an HPS light foot and a half away from the blocks sprouted the seeds and they did great as long as you kept them watered. We used to use hoods and we lost a lot of seeds now we don't and we rarely lose even a single seed. Don't believe me, try it with something cheap and see what you get. Hope this helps. We happen to use rockwool but this applies to any grow medium.
For quick perspective how does the seed know there's going to be humidity when it sprouts? It doesn't natural selection has given it the ability to adapt as it pops out of the seed and build plant structure

Ambitiousone

Ambitiousone

@Rooke well the shell came off easily but it looks like there was some resin stuck on the leaves. It wouldn’t let them open so I was able to cut the resin and let the leaves open up. Now the leaves on the og kush seedling have black tips but the true leaves are appearing in the middle looking healthy. Now my gdp seedling is looking bigger but the tips on the true leaves are becoming lighter. Not sure if this is normal but it doesn’t look yellow so I think I’m good. Well here are some pics. Thanks for all the advice everyone. @QuindariousGooch not doubting your grow knowledge or techniques but I’m in a country where aok rw doesn’t exist and importing them would be too expensive. I’m using the resources I can find here. I do wanna say your set up looks very clean and professional would like to try something like that in future.
4108D76D BF94 4431 8761 E061AAC2E6E5
22EF01EB 3020 436B 9CB6 2C84462BFD90
FB5A2732 976E 4E61 8EA7 628646FC565D
D535E01D FE9E 4D71 95D9 1729EA3FE04A
C8B688FD 9C20 42BA A14A 6684A8AB7668

Rooke

Rooke

Heya buddy I see it came off for you off to a start now! I m not sure but I believe there’s a small thin membrane inside the seeds shell that gets stuck on the tips of the first set of round leaves sometimes. As it grows it will shrivel up on the end no worries. Keep them happy and if they get a little lanky try to support them with a small wood or plastic skewer and help them along good luck buddy!

Ambitiousone

Ambitiousone

What’s up everyone it’s been a while since I’ve updated been busy. Here’s my update . I already transplanted my gdp about a week ago. She seems to be growing strong and bigger everyday but today the first true leaves she has the tips are turning yellow and one it’s browning a bit on the tip. I’m thinking it’s because they aren’t receiving much light since the new sets of leaves are shadowing them. What do you guys think? @threatco @Rooke. my og kush sadly ending up dying because of seed membrane that dried on the cotyledons causing it to stunt their growth. Here are some pics
AAB7009B 1577 4F5A 9E86 3129A77DA2C3
D2788650 0F9D 4DFE 99E9 FE479A74A05F

threatco

threatco

Looks good to me. Lower leaf probably just damaged from early on. The new stuff looks healthy, so keep at it!

Rooke

Rooke

Looks good to me. Lower leaf probably just damaged from early on. The new stuff looks healthy, so keep at it!
Heya buddy they look fine a little rippling in the leaves might be from low humidity. What’s your rh at? They look healthy enough tho! Try not feed them to much maybe 1/2 strength or a bit less based on a seedling strength. I’m a soil grower and I’m keeping my nutes lower than recommended. Keep up the good work!

Ambitiousone

Ambitiousone

Thanks everyone. New update they are growing crazy fast now and super healthy. @Rooke my rh is at 40s and jumps to 60 when it rains but mostly 40s. Here are some pics
82DE438A 55AE 4FD1 BE58 58822A70C03B
656E92ED 3AAA 4415 9047 7C05A42CD9B4

mrclownprince

mrclownprince

I use domes on my Rockwell cubes until sprouted then strait into dwc, making sure water is right at bottom of cube.

20200516 132416
Reactions: Ina
threatco

threatco

I use domes on my Rockwell cubes until sprouted then strait into dwc, making sure water is right at bottom of cube.

I would maybe make sure that the water is not quite hitting the rockwool so it doesn't stay fully saturated and the roots are encouraged to grow. Top feed them as they get dry until roots reach water.

Good luck!

Ambitiousone

Ambitiousone

What’s up everyone it’s been a while. Here’s the update. Just cleaned the reservoir and my plant is growing vigorously. I did have a small grasshopper get on two leafs and damage them a little but I took care of that problem and everything new is growing nicely. So I have a question on topping it’s kind of difficult with this indica cause the nodes are not spread apart much. Should I cut on the red line I drew or is the top growth too big already too drop? I’m going to @ whose been active on this thread since it’s a bit old. @threatco @Rooke @mrclownprince.

94B1DFDA 56AB 4CB0 8363 60973FCC8670
C0D1FF1E 6BF1 456D AF3F 9D525B4B16D9
C5BFAC5D 6689 43BB 9B87 0B7403A0AC2D
Reactions: Ina
Rooke

Rooke

What’s up everyone it’s been a while. Here’s the update. Just cleaned the reservoir and my plant is growing vigorously. I did have a small grasshopper get on two leafs and damage them a little but I took care of that problem and everything new is growing nicely. So I have a question on topping it’s kind of difficult with this indica cause the nodes are not spread apart much. Should I cut on the red line I drew or is the top growth too big already too drop? I’m going to @ whose been active on this thread since it’s a bit old. @threatco @Rooke @mrclownprince.
Heya buddy she’s looking very healthy booya! She’s rocking now! Is that your 4th set of true leaves from the bottom?

Ambitiousone

Ambitiousone

Thanks @Rooke and she’s actually on her fifth set. The sixth set is coming out.

Rooke

Rooke

yep, top there. closer to the base but yes.
Myself I don’t use scissors, I wash my hands really well and I pinch to off with my thumb and index finger code the wound is pinched closed. Also have you looked at fiming? It’s less stressful on the plant with great results as well check it out. Have fun learning buddy it’s such a cool hobby. Take care!

Rooke

Rooke

Myself I don’t use scissors, I wash my hands really well and I pinch to off with my thumb and index finger code the wound is pinched closed. Also have you looked at fiming? It’s less stressful on the plant with great results as well check it out. Have fun learning buddy it’s such a cool hobby. Take care!
Close

Top Bottom