Beginner Need Tips

• Thread starter Manny2016
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Manny2016

Its my first grow. And. I need to know what soil is best recomended either foxfarm or. Happy frog and when using. Dyna gro foliage and bloom how it's used and what some things I need to keep an eye I'm committed to this so. Need good tips on how to start. One more thing how often do I need to flush. When using dyno gro and if those 2 listed is all I'm going to need or. Need the whole set of dyno gro

M

Manny2016

Haven't baught dyna gro yet or the soil so I basically need a list of nutrients and which soil is best

(Under cfls ) so need good recomendations and tips thank you

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

happy frog is a great start for your seedlings,plant them in solo cups when the roots get to the bottom ,transplant into your ocean forest,i like to mix both soils together and grow,but your ocean forest wont need any nutrients the first 4 weeks,dont worry about flushing unless you come into problems .if you are feeding right with 20%runoff you shouldnt have any build up.the only time i flush is a week before the flip and i use humic fulvic root drench for that,if you feed with a good runoff like i said shouldnt need to flush.hope this helps ya a bit

Shamus

Shamus

i wouldn't suggest either of those soils, go with pro mix or SS#4

they are full of gnats and aphids, and if your a new grower its hard to tell when the nutrients are out of the soil and what exactly is still left.. leaving you with deficiencies or too much of something. use a medium that has no nutrients and just follow a nutrient line to a T besides cutting everything in half until you see how your plants react.

just my 2 cents..

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Let your soil dry out between waterings, feel the weight of your pot and put a finger in the dirt before watering, if your soil is moist below the surface or if your pot still feels really heavy then it doesnt need watered yet. I try to let mine go just untill the fan leaves start to droop. Overwatering is one of the most common problems new growers face, it can cause problems like root rot and draws fungus gnats. Good luck, will be waiting to see some pics.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

they are full of gnats and aphids, and if your a new grower its hard to tell when the nutrients are out of the soil and what exactly is still left.. leaving you with deficiencies or too much of something. use a medium that has no nutrients and just follow a nutrient line to a T besides cutting everything in half until you see how your plants react.

just my 2 cents..
I on the other hand, do recommend happy frog or ffof for a beginner because of its ease of use. I am also a new grower and I am trying coco husk for the first time. The one that is in coco isnt doing as well as the two in fox farm soil. My next round I am going to try some pro mix super soil so that I dont have to fertilize as much. Using a nuteless media for a beginner and not knowing how to feed them is just a nono in my opinion.

Shamus

Shamus

I on the other hand, do recommend happy frog or ffof for a beginner because of its ease of use. I am also a new grower and I am trying coco husk for the first time. The one that is in coco isnt doing as well as the two in fox farm soil. My next round I am going to try some pro mix super soil so that I dont have to fertilize as much. Using a nuteless media for a beginner and not knowing how to feed them is just a nono in my opinion.
well I'm not a new grower, and i managed a hydro store for a long time and helped a lot of new growers out, on this site as well as many others and in real life.
IMG 0618

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

The plant on the left is the same as the one on the right except one is in coco husk and one is in ffof soil. The one on the left is much lighter green and I cant seem to feed it enough to get it to green up. I did a really heavy feeding on it and it burned some of the lower leaves but it just barely got any greener on the tops. I am having much better results with soil containing nutes, thats why im trying pro mix super soil next time.
20151018 193006

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

My tips are use canna terra pro potting mix. But most of all don't over water. Dont over feed. We all have our prefered nutrients or soil etc so at some point your gonna have to jump in and go for it. Welcome to the forum and happy growing :D

Shamus

Shamus

The plant on the left is the same as the one on the right except one is in coco husk and one is in ffof soil. The one on the left is much lighter green and I cant seem to feed it enough to get it to green up. I did a really heavy feeding on it and it burned some of the lower leaves but it just barely got any greener on the tops. I am having much better results with soil containing nutes, thats why im trying pro mix super soil next time.
View attachment 546195
did you buffer the coco with calmag supplement? double up on the calmag

M

Manny2016

just my 2 cents..
So the foxfarm and happy frog are full of aphids and gnats

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Yes I have gotten ffof soil with gnats so once I poured boiling water on it but it is too much trouble so now I just top dress and let my soil dry. I also still see the occasional gnat but they are everywhere outside. I am probably gonna use some gnatrol a few times this run because I just learned about super soil so the next time I will get pro mix.
did you buffer the coco with calmag supplement? double up on the calmag
No I did not know about buffering coco. I bought it at a pet store and then found out that the hydro store sells buffered kind.

McCannabis

McCannabis

I'm trying to find my bearings on this site. This looked like the best place to start. So this is my current set up. I have a 50W LED grow light (3blue, 9red) approximately 8-12" above the tops of my plants. They are growing extremely slow. I recently transplanted the approximately 2 MONTH old plants into a 5 gallon bucket. And they they have been feed three times (about every two weeks, with plain water about every four days in between.) The humidity is usually around 45-60%, the temperature is usually around 73*. I have my light cycle on 18/6. As far as I can't tell they seem to be healthy, just very slow growing, and I can't figure out the cause. I know one plant is indica which was started about two weeks after the sativa, and has now bypassed the latter in size.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

You need more light, start a new thread in the beginners section.
I'm trying to find my bearings on this site. This looked like the best place to start. So this is my current set up. I have a 50W LED grow light (3blue, 9red) approximately 8-12" above the tops of my plants. They are growing extremely slow. I recently transplanted the approximately 2 MONTH old plants into a 5 gallon bucket. And they they have been feed three times (about every two weeks, with plain water about every four days in between.) The humidity is usually around 45-60%, the temperature is usually around 73*. I have my light cycle on 18/6. As far as I can't tell they seem to be healthy, just very slow growing, and I can't figure out the cause. I know one plant is indica which was started about two weeks after the sativa, and has now bypassed the latter in size.

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

You need more light, start a new thread in the beginners section.

Hello new grower ,but I'm growing autos, my plants are about 30-35cm tall and they are about a month old now,show they be taller and should they be flowering now? They've grown pistils but not flowers yet ,the strain says seed to harvest 65-70 days are they big enough for the size ? Also with no flowers is this right ???

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Do anyone know what this could be? I've got a plant ,no idea what strain but 90% think it's fem it's nearly 3ft tall with about 7 little branches , the stalk of the plant is stocky and thick but the branches are tiny little things ??? I've only trimmed like 10 big fan leaves from this plant underneath each tiny branch ????? Helppppp what should I do ???
My tips are use canna terra pro potting mix. But most of all don't over water. Dont over feed. We all have our prefered nutrients or soil etc so at some point your gonna have to jump in and go for it. Welcome to the forum and happy growing :D
one

McCannabis

McCannabis

Do anyone know what this could be? I've got a plant ,no idea what strain but 90% think it's fem it's nearly 3ft tall with about 7 little branches , the stalk of the plant is stocky and thick but the branches are tiny little things ??? I've only trimmed like 10 big fan leaves from this plant underneath each tiny branch ????? Helppppp what should I do ???

one
What are you using for light? It's growing tall to find light.

Top Bottom