beluga logs it all et al

• Thread starter beluga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

Greetings, folks.
New(ish) to the forum... have tapped the resource from time to time throughout the years, but never gave much a hoot about membership. Now, I have some excess time and little social outlet, so the allure of the social fellowship here has drawn me in. Guess it takes a pandemic to realize, as a pretty heavy introvert, how much your bar or gym acquaintances have a positive impact on your mental well-being.

Anyway.

I’ve grown a little before in guerrilla fashion or in the closets of rented apartments (i.e. - with much haste and cutting corners and suboptimal parameters and paranoia and tearing down and, well... you get the idea.)
But, now, I’m a big boy and repay a bank to live in my house. Things have settled. I can focus. I can take my time. I can listen and respond to the plants rather than begrudgingly torture them with half-baked techniques to reap a meager reward.

It’s been a while, so I’m just throwing together pieces of what I had left from years past and embarking on this journey anew. Hoping to give myself a thorough taste of the many methods and techniques, old and new, and really dial in my preference - I’m generally a strong advocate of organic / biodynamic / IPM practices, so I hope to end up there… in time.

I’m gonna use this thread as a catchall for my practices - something to organize and tabulate the chaotic buzzing of information and ideas in my head - a databank for all those to-do/read articles and snippets of pertinent knowledge - an archival aide to reflect and meditate on my shortcomings and progressions - and, of course, as a time-lapse chronicle for the cycling of my performance as a horticulturist and those cultures I ist.

So... without further ado... lemme grow with y’all.

P.S. : Fair warning - If I don’t monitor myself, I can get verbose. I’ll try to format, edit, and highlight the areas of importance as to relieve anyone trying to follow my actions from having to fish them out from a sea of jabberwocky. However, I do try to maintain deliberate continuity even in my excess, so, many answers to potential questions may be buried in the abyss... but I also don’t intend for this disclaimer to stifle conversation. Just... have your morning coffee before reading whatever cryptic babble I’ve let loose with hapless adherence to grammatical tradition.

I’ve already got a little something going as a stopgap while I was readying my workspace and addressing home improvement needs. In direct contrast to my suggesting that I’m settled and focused and responding to plant needs, etc., I’ve found myself in a painfully familiar situation:
• Late July - Germinated 9 seeds from a notoriously discredited and now defunct vendor, Aurora Winds Botanicals. "Trainwreck" / "Blue Velvet" / "Flo". (I note this because they are almost certainly not what they are labeled and likely not the product of any prestigious breeding. So, I’ll designate them bagseeds but address them with their probably-pseudonymous title.)
• Early August - All but one sprouted. Left under an awning outside, Hurricane Isaias came through and wrecked 4 of 8. Left with two “Trainwreck” and two “Blue Velvet”.
• Mid-late August - Preflowers of 3 of the 4 reveal males. Left with one “Trainwreck” female (or herm… not explicitly male) and one "Blue Velvet" male. (I did this because their traits were actually the most congruent - both seemingly close to 50/50 hybrids, whereas the "Trainwreck" male was distinctly sativa dominant. I tend to like the hybrid effect.)
• August - Yesterday - Tons of house repairs, inspections, etc. necessitated moving them around, letting them get out of control... moderate neglect. Still healthy, but in need of maintenance / more space / flowering.
• Oct 29 - “Found” the space for a 4’ x 8’ x 6.5’ tent. Ample.

So, basically, I’m currently running this with no monitoring other than nutrient additive/gallon and 'feel'.
Small container/bonsai mom & pop are kept in soil; mom's clones in an LP aeroponic system.
• Area - First a 2’ x 4’ x 5' Ohuhu grow tent... y’know... those dime-a-dozen metal-pipe-framed, fabric / “mylar” grow tents. Now a 4’ x 8’ x 6.5’ iPower grow tent... y’know... those dime-a-dozen metal-pipe-framed, fabric / “mylar” grow tents.
• Light - Mixed-spectrum fixture outfitted with screw-in LEDS (SILs). Approximately 120W.
• Media - Hydroponic / expanded clay pellets in (12) 3” net cups in an 18-gallon Rubbermaid Roughneck tote. I use water from a dehydrator that keeps an unfinished crawlspace from rotting out my family room. Haven’t tested the pH / TDS / EC yet, but, after more than two months as the water source, the plants have shown no negative reaction. I have read that water obtained this way is exceptionally clean… if it weren’t wicking out a menagerie of mold spores, I’d even consider drinking it myself.
• Nutrients - Botanicare CNS17 duo. (Probably keeping the pH in check, if the water does happen to be imbalanced.)
• Environment - uhh... basement / cave? And a little fan.
• Method - SOG(ish.) More so RWTP (Roll With the Punches). I didn't net/screen them. I've been defoliating their undercarriage as their canopy obscures it and occasionally pruning for height management while awaiting the switch to flowering.

And... that's where I'm at now.
Unfortunately, did not have the foresight to photolog these preliminary stages. But... we've all seen it before. I will edit some in for context when I have the opportunity.

Shaka 🤙

beluga

beluga

I’m gonna start my new journey with some new equipment.
Since I have a propensity for tinkering and since I have a convoluted sense of value, I’ve decided to start with putting together an LED strip light fixture - with utmost indebtedness to the LEDGardener website and forums. Particularly… DIY LED Strip Build Designs… Thank you, LEDG and the various electrical gurus who frequent that forum.

When I chose to build this fixture a few weeks back, I had the expectation that I’d be working with a 2’ x 4’ footprint, so I chose to build a 2’ x 4’ fixture with Bridgelux 2’ strips. However, since then, I ‘found’ space in my basement for a 4’ x 8’ tent (😯).
So, for now, it will only be effective for 1/4 of the space. In the future, maybe I can dedicate this fixture for a vegetative space. Or maybe I can just deck out my footprint with four of these puppies (😏).

———————————————————————————————————————————
- - - Under Construction - - - Finishing. Hashing out erroneous bits. Compiling files. Etc.

Components
- (1) Mean Well HLG-240H-20B Driver (12A / 90 - 305VAC / 10 - 20VDC)
- (12) Bridgelux BXEB-L0560Z-35E2000-C-B3 (22” / ~20V@1000mA = 20W)
- (1) Wago Lever Nut Assortment (10x 2 conductor / 10x 3 conductor / 8x 5 conductor)
- (8) 5 Conductor
- (2) 2 Conductor
- (1) 16AWG Wire (25’)
- (1) 18AWG Wire (25’)
- (1) 30mm Thermal Tape (25m)
- (1) 16AWG 3 Prong Power Cord
- (1) 100K Ohm Potentiometer
- (1) Waterproof Cable Connector/Junction Box
- (1) Solder & Flux
- (1) Heat Shrink Tubing
- (1) Heat Shrink Butt Connectors ( 🤭 )

Frame
- (12) Tnutz 10 Series Extruded Aluminum (1” x 1” x 22.5”)
- (1) Tnutz 10 Series Extruded Aluminum (1” x 3” x 45”)
- (50) Tnutz 10 Series 1/4-20 T-nut + 1/2” Screw (T-screw?)
- (24) 25mm Corner Brace
- (2) 1/4 Eye Bolt
- (2) Adjustable Hanger

Tools
- Drill
- 1/4” Drill Bit
- Soldering Iron
- Heat Gun / Lighter
- Wire Strippers
- 5/32 Hex Key
- (2) 2x4 lumber
- Screwdriver

I won’t go into the technicalities because I’m not a professional and because there are far better resources freely available to tell you the Why and How of the function of electricity and the relationship between volt, current, ohm, resistance, etc. for those of you looking for the cheaper (or funner) alternative or just with that propensity for tinkering and making your own configurations.
Basically, for purposes of John Smith DIY LED grow light construction, just stick to one guide and use everything they recommend. (You'll see how I didn't do this and how it bit me in the ass.) Mimic them as precisely as you can until yours is a duplicate of theirs. Then maybe consider extrapolating if you gained a newfound love of rudimentary electrical engineering.

Wiring Diagram

Wiring dia

Driver Wiring
- Attach potentiometer to the driver* - (you will use either the middle and left or middle and right prongs, depending on whether you want to go 0 - 100% clockwise or counterclockwise) these potentiometers have wires attached, so melt the solder off ☛ cut a small length of heat shrink tubing and slide it over the driver's dimmer wires ☛ then solder the blue (+) wire to the left prong ☛ and the brown (-) to the middle prong (I chose clockwise… cause, duh.)
{photo}
- Attach the 16AWG Power Cord to the driver* -
{photo}

*See diagram above.

Frame Assembly

- - - Under Evaluation - - -

All this extrusion looks pretty svelte and all, but I’ll definitely be going for something cheaper, lighter-weight, and more solid for my future light builds. Even just going for the raw aluminum as opposed to black… perhaps. It’s probably 40lb all said and done. Not something that the general tube-framed grow tents can handle with much confidence. I won’t be all-too-surprised to find my plants smashed one day when I open the doors - forcing my hand to frame-out, insulate, and light-proof a room… which I would prefer anyway.

- Disclaimer -
If you happen to follow this, you’ll note just how frustrating this whole frame assembly process is and top off that frustration with an imperfectly-fastened and wobbly frame… 🤬. I’ll have to clean up my future builds and, perhaps, modify this one to be more solid (even just with the addition of some washers, maybe). Whatever. It works and my components won’t fall apart from each other. But I don’t want people thinking this frame is something it’s not.

So, let’s get to this mess.

All the extrusion comes pre-cut. That’s the end of the ease.
(I couldn’t find any 1” corner braces that had 1/4” holes, so I had to widen each one in order to fit the 1/4 screws. I didn’t look too hard, I’m sure they’re out there somewhere… especially in raw aluminum.)

- Drill 1/4” holes in corner braces ☛
{photo}
- Attach T-screws and T-nuts to one side of each corner brace ☛
{photo}
- Slide two of each of these assembled corner braces into the channel opposite the uncut face of each 22.5” extrusion ☛ square up with 2x4s ☛ (This is where these 2x4's fastened to each other really come in hand: 2x4's are, of course, 1.5" x 3.5", so, two of them stacked gives you 3" [the width of our center bar] with a center line to be made at 11.25") Orient the corner braces on either side of the 2x4's centered at 11.25" and fasten them down with your hex key ☛ attach the other 24 T-nuts and T-screws to each corner brace ☛
{photo}
- Slide all of the 22.5” extrusions in rough alignment on the 45” extrusion ☛ measure them with 3” between each 22.5” extrusion - again, the stacked 2x4's make for an easy template ☛
{photo}
- Cut (12) 22.5” strips of thermal tape ☛ peel one side ☛ apply to each 22.5" extrusion ☛ peeling the other side of one thermal strip at a time, affix your LED strips to the other adhesive side of the thermal tape, making sure they are all in the same configuration.
{photo}
- Attach

LED Wiring
- - - Under Construction - - - Finishing. Hashing out erroneous bits. Compiling files. Etc.

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

Happy Samhain, Halloween, and Blue Hunter's Halloween moon folks!

Where I (and she) stand:
20201030 173625
20201030 174016

Still impressed with the performance of SILs.
I made this fixture to the dimensions of the tote lid, mistakenly applying the beam spread that HIDs have.
Finished all of three full runs with it... decent enough results, but diminished bud structure around the canopy perimeter, for sure.

I'll be piecing together the rest of my strip build today and flipping her over to 12/12... considered the 9/3 or 6/2, but I'm gonna stick with the tried and true for this one.

Morning meditation zone out tunes on repeat while I tapped this out on my phone screen:

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Happy Samhain, Halloween, and Blue Hunter's Halloween moon folks!

Where I (and she) stand:
View attachment 1050077View attachment 1050078
Still impressed with the performance of SILs.
I made this fixture to the dimensions of the tote lid, mistakenly applying the beam spread that HIDs have.
Finished all of three full runs with it... decent enough results, but diminished bud structure around the canopy perimeter, for sure.

I'll be piecing together the rest of my strip build today and flipping her over to 12/12... considered the 9/3 or 6/2, but I'm gonna stick with the tried and true for this one.

Morning meditation zone out tunes on repeat while I tapped this out on my phone screen:

Love it dude! Kokoro!

beluga

beluga

Four hours of leaf blowing fueled by only one apple.
Oversights, mix-ups, etc. with piecing together this fixture.
Didn't flip to flower.
Need more 18awg solid core wire. Guh.
Notes to be made. (Can you not edit on mobile..?)
Frustrations to be processed.
Grey morning. Cold rains are due.

beluga

beluga

Took out some undercarriage. Pruned some tops. Flipped to 12/12.
I've read topping just before flowering helps to manage height. We'll see how that goes. I've got a few more feet to work with, so it should be hunky dory either way.
20201101 125314

20201101 132130

Progress on the light:

20201031 221824
20201031 234215

- Frame 'assembled'.
- Driver wired with power cord and dimmer.
- Wago conductors connected.
- LED strips applied / half of them wired.

Should be quick work to finish it all out when I receive the extra 18awg wire tomorrow.
My dumbass mixed up the gauge of wire and I ended up wasting too much of the 18awg to finish it out.
MUEADhMgjQGbOirOQWuhdpA

Lots of notes on this build and I'm already eager to start my next one with more confidence and a more streamlined process.

20201031 234215
beluga

beluga

Just discovered there's a time limit to edit posts on this forum...🙁 guess I'll have to prepare and be more deliberate if I want any kind of structure to what I'm trying to do here. Or, I suppose, just use this thread as a messy taproot to branch off into more specified threads from it... I see there are drafts, as well, but that doesn't really serve as the sounding board that publicly posting brainstorms does.
Wonder what the logic is there... I'd think, in terms of web development, you'd want to encourage people to treasure their posts rather than add heaps of individual pages. That's not my sort of logic, however... so, I'll just work within the parameters they've given us and trust it's for the best.

So... I guess it's time to start splattering disjointed progress posts for reference while I work shit out! 🤪

Hunky f'kin dory...

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Just discovered there's a time limit to edit posts on this forum...🙁 guess I'll have to prepare and be more deliberate if I want any kind of structure to what I'm trying to do here. Or, I suppose, just use this thread as a messy taproot to branch off into more specified threads from it... I see there are drafts, as well, but that doesn't really serve as the sounding board that publicly posting brainstorms does.
Wonder what the logic is there... I'd think, in terms of web development, you'd want to encourage people to treasure their posts rather than add heaps of individual pages. That's not my sort of logic, however... so, I'll just work within the parameters they've given us and trust it's for the best.

So... I guess it's time to start splattering disjointed progress posts for reference while I work shit out! 🤪

Hunky f'kin dory...
Oh no! Yeah it's like an hour or something....Sorry that happens to people sometimes. If you message a mod they will let you clean it up in the first post so it doesn't drive you mad lol. Idk the logic but in general I think the site is on good tech so 🤷‍♂️

beluga

beluga

Good to know. I'll probably just make it a link fest directing to posts that are well-organized with decent content.
It's a pleasure not having to exclusively use BB code to make a nice-looking post, so, I don't mind too much... just unfamiliar.
If I were always at a desktop, I'd have no issue. But, weekends mean I'm almost strictly on my phone... which, for whatever reason, I've never advanced past the ranks of a one-thumb tapper. Might have to nab the Mrs' bluetooth keyboard in the future... or 😲... set up my desktop.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Good to know. I'll probably just make it a link fest directing to posts that are well-organized with decent content.
It's a pleasure not having to exclusively use BB code to make a nice-looking post, so, I don't mind too much... just unfamiliar.
If I were always at a desktop, I'd have no issue. But, weekends mean I'm almost strictly on my phone... which, for whatever reason, I've never advanced past the ranks of a one-thumb tapper. Might have to nab the Mrs' bluetooth keyboard in the future... or 😲... set up my desktop.
Yeah man most of my posts are done from phone too. I picked up a cheap Chromebook (Acer Spin 11) that I really like as an in-between. I am almost never on a full-fledged computer anymore. Just no need.

Plus getting high and drawing on it is something that both my wife and I enjoy doing.

beluga

beluga

Also good thinking.
I'm a graphic designer by day, so, unfortunately, the thrill of digital art has found its place on the way back burner. I have a PC that I built for gaming and freelance work a few years back, but, since we got a house of our own and the home improvement started, that thing hasn't seen the light of day... or electrical current.
A strange duality I have between the desire to minimize screen time and the aversion to physical notes. Like the Code of Hammurabi written in 0's and 1's...

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Also good thinking.
I'm a graphic designer by day, so, unfortunately, the thrill of digital art has found its place on the way back burner. I have a PC that I built for gaming and freelance work a few years back, but, since we got a house of our own and the home improvement started, that thing hasn't seen the light of day... or electrical current.
A strange duality I have between the desire to minimize screen time and the aversion to physical notes. Like the Code of Hammurabi written in 0's and 1's...
Honestly, as I have been doing it more and more lately (physical notes)....I've been like "oh hell yeah, remember what being less of an imbecile felt like? Muah hah haahhh." 😆😂😆🙃

Paper is super helpful when I am high because it's tactile and easy to focus on.....and i have enough distractions jangling around my brain that I don't need more when I am thinking about something.

But as a graphic designer thinking spatially all day instead of in code, i imagine the opposite effect would be in play? Like in terms of which part of the brain is tired.

Or the above is complete and total bullshit. Or maybe just mostly bullshit. Like a pile of cow shit on a sandy shores, and the waves pull away the muck to leave.....a nickel the cow ate on accident.

What? 😂😆😂😆😂🤷‍♂️👻🤷‍♂️👻🤷‍♂️😊🙃🙃🙃

beluga

beluga

Alright... I'll try to organize this with some conciseness and splice it together somewhere in the ether sometime in eternity.

Bare with me as I try to utilize this website's format to make informative posts in a decent layout that works for both mobile and desktop.
————————————————————————
Starting, again, with the LED strip light build.
Just the frame construction for this post.

Small red text will indicate parts that I seek to revise.
(I could write the entire 🤬 frame this way, but, let's pretend I'm okay with it for now.)

First and foremost:

Get Your Shit Together
Supplys and tools

Components
- (1) Mean Well HLG-240H-20B Driver (12A / 90 - 305VAC / 10 - 20VDC)
- (12) Bridgelux BXEB-L0560Z-35E2000-C-B3 (22” / ~20V@1000mA = 20W)
- (1) Wago Lever Nut Assortment (10x 2 conductor / 10x 3 conductor / 8x 5 conductor)
- (8) 5 Conductor
- (2) 2 Conductor
- (1) 16AWG Wire (25’)
- (1) 18AWG Wire (50’)
- (1) 30mm Thermal Tape (25m)
- (1) 16AWG 3 Prong Power Cord
- (1) 100K Ohm Potentiometer
- (1) Waterproof Cable Connector/Junction Box
- (1) Solder & Flux
- (1) Heat Shrink Tubing (wrong size pictured)
Frame
- (12) Tnutz 10 Series Extruded Aluminum (1” x 1” x 22.5”)
- (1) Tnutz 10 Series Extruded Aluminum (1” x 3” x 45”)
- (50) Tnutz 10 Series 1/4-20 T-nut + 1/2” Screw (T-screw?)
- (24) 25mm Corner Brace
- (2) 1/4 Eye Bolt
- (2) Adjustable Hanger (not pictured)
Tools

- Drill
- 1/4” Drill Bit
- 5/32 Hex Key (allen wrench)
- (2) 2x4 lumber, fastened together
- something to prop up your pieces... like more 2x4's.
- Soldering Iron - I used a woodburning iron. That's dumb. Get a soldering iron.
- Razor blade (not pictured)
- Small flat-head screwdriver (not pictured)

Frame assembly

• Drill 1/4” holes in corner braces ☛
1 widen corner braces

• Attach T-screws and T-nuts to one side of each corner brace ☛
2 half assemble braces

• Square up the 22.5" extrusions with your 2x4s ☛
3 square up 22s

• Orient the corner braces on either side of the 2x4's centered at 11.25" and fasten them down with your hex key
(This is where these 2x4's fastened to each other really come in hand: 2x4's are, of course, 1.5" x 3.5", so, two of them stacked gives you 3" [the width of our center bar] with a center line to be made at 11.25") ☛
4 find center
5 fasten braces 1

• Attach the other 24 T-nuts and T-screws to each corner brace ☛
6 fasten braces 2

• Slide all of the 22.5” extrusions in rough alignment on the 45” extrusion ☛
7 22s to 45

• Measure them with 3” between each 22.5” extrusion
(again, the stacked 2x4's make for an easy template) ☛
8 space 22s
9 22s centered

• Fasten 1/4 eyebolts to 1/4 T-nuts and fasten at either end of your 45" extrusion ☛
10 eyebolt tnut
11 eyebolt tnut frame

• Pat yourself on the back and virtually kick me in the nuts - you now have a wobbly frame!

————————————————————————

Driver Wiring

Attach potentiometer to the driver* - (you will use either the middle and left or middle and right prongs, depending on whether you want to go 0 - 100% clockwise or counterclockwise)

• These potentiometers have wires attached, so solder them off ☛
1 solder off pot wires

Cut a small length of heat shrink tubing and slide it over the driver's dimmer wires
(I didn't have the right size shrink tubing, so, ended up using electrical tape 🙄)

• Solder the gray-sleeved (+) wire to the left prong and the black-sleeved (-) wire to the middle prong (I chose clockwise… cause, duh.) ☛
1 1 solder potentiometer

• Yay, soldering! ☛
1 2 potentiometer fin

Attach the 16AWG Power Cord to the driver*

• Gather your Power Cord, Junction Box, and Driver Input cord ☛
3 wire power cord 1

• Strip ~ 1/4" off each wire of your Power Cord (not pictured)
• Make your connections using the tiny junction block and a tiny flat-head screwdriver:
• Green to green/yellow for Ground
• Black to brown for Hot/L/Positive
• White to blue for Neutral/Negative ☛
3 wire power cord 2

• Seal it all up ☛
3 wire power cord 3

* If you're at all uncomfortable with electricity, you shouldn't be following what I do.
This is for my own purposes and you should not take what I post as a guide to proper electrical work.

That concludes the driver wiring until we attach it to the LEDs. Huzzah!

————————————————————————

I've just about reach my attachment limit, so I'll be going onto the next post for...
LED Mounting!!!
The part of this where I had my fat ass in front of the camera most of the time because I forgot I was recording!!!

beluga

beluga

Honestly, as I have been doing it more and more lately (physical notes)....I've been like "oh hell yeah, remember what being less of an imbecile felt like? Muah hah haahhh." 😆😂😆🙃

Paper is super helpful when I am high because it's tactile and easy to focus on.....and i have enough distractions jangling around my brain that I don't need more when I am thinking about something.

But as a graphic designer thinking spatially all day instead of in code, i imagine the opposite effect would be in play? Like in terms of which part of the brain is tired.

Or the above is complete and total bullshit. Or maybe just mostly bullshit. Like a pile of cow shit on a sandy shores, and the waves pull away the muck to leave.....a nickel the cow ate on accident.

What? 😂😆😂😆😂🤷‍♂️👻🤷‍♂️👻🤷‍♂️😊🙃🙃🙃

That's a great way to think of it.

So often I have to take cryptic inputs and abstract them to visual outputs.
It's like my internal word-processor feels woefully neglected a lot of the time, so when I get around to being able to write/type, I have this Massive backlog of stuff that I want to put down all at once.
If I don't capture it in a timely fashion, I'm likely to lose/misplace or at least transform much of that stuff - In comes typing at however many times faster than writing. I can more easily word-vomit and edit in half the time it'd take me to write.
Maybe it's part of being raised with computers from a pretty young age... binary wet nurse.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

It's like my internal word-processor feels woefully neglected a lot of the time, so when I get around to being able to write/type, I have this Massive backlog of stuff that I want to put down all at once.
If I don't capture it in a timely fashion, I'm likely to lose/misplace or at least transform much of that stuff - In comes typing at however many times faster than writing. I can more easily word-vomit and edit in half the time it'd take me to write.
Maybe it's part of being raised with computers from a pretty young age... binary wet nurse.
I cannot believe how much sense this is making 🙂

beluga

beluga

Continued from Part 1

LED Mounting

• Line up and apply strips of Thermal Tape the length of each light bar ☛
1 apply thermal tape

• Trim Excess (this is a satisfying act, so here's video.) ☛

• One at a time, apply LED strips all in the same configuration. (Right reading, per se.) ☛
3 peel thermal strips
4 adhere led strips
5 strips all applied

And that's that! For now.
I flubbed my wiring and Amazon lost the package with my replacement wire (damn you, Bezos!!!)
So, I'll be back at it on Thursday.

Last edited:
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I feel this man

beluga

beluga

Man, this track just hits for me...

A battle for the song stuck in my head all day between that and (after typing/reading ruderalis a bazillion times) Dead Kennedy's California Über Alles.
Pretty much since I learned of the binomial, that song just impresses itself in my mind whenever I utter it.

So.

Day 3 of flowering, I decided to try supercropping for the first time ever.

Not necessarily for resin production nor for keeping them compact - quite the opposite. I wanted to try to spread them out a bit laterally to be a little more ready to utilize my 4' light when it's finished.

Before
20201103 165946

After
20201103 174109

Not much of a difference because I was nervous. But we'll see how they recover and maybe give 'em another squeeze before week's end 😏.

I read it's not great to do any further past week one of flowering.

Oh, side note - might actually be of Trainwreck lineage. Squeezing them released a serious lemon pinesol aroma... definitely familiar to Trainwreck I know I've smoked.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Man, this track just hits for me...

A battle for the song stuck in my head all day between that and (after typing/reading ruderalis a bazillion times) Dead Kennedy's California Über Alles.
Pretty much since I learned of the binomial, that song just impresses itself in my mind whenever I utter it.

So.

Day 3 of flowering, I decided to try supercropping for the first time ever.

Not necessarily for resin production nor for keeping them compact - quite the opposite. I wanted to try to spread them out a bit laterally to be a little more ready to utilize my 4' light when it's finished.

Before
View attachment 1051745

After
View attachment 1051746

Not much of a difference because I was nervous. But we'll see how they recover and maybe give 'em another squeeze before week's end 😏.

I read it's not great to do any further past week one of flowering.

Oh, side note - might actually be of Trainwreck lineage. Squeezing them released a serious lemon pinesol aroma... definitely familiar to Trainwreck I know I've smoked.

I try to do most of the LST/HST stuff before flipping, but I'll admit to having very limited experience. Limonene I think is the name of that terp, I had some Fruity Pebbles OG recently that went heavily in that vein...delicious hash off that one

Top Bottom