Bend Over Bitches-LVPK & Bubba Kush-SERIOUS LST

• Thread starter resinryder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
resinryder

resinryder

Got it started to day bro. 9 clones in a 50/50 mix of Canna coir and Empire chips/croutons/chunks whatever you choose to call em, in 1 gallon smart pots. Doing a side by side with new nutes. Using Maxi Grow/Bloom on 1 table and Flora Nova Grow/Bloom on the other. Supplementing both with 2 ml/gallon calmag, atm, and 1/2 ml/gallon Floralicious plus for the first week bumping that up to 1ml/gallon over time. We'll see how it goes.

G

grizz

think I will try the ebb and flow soon RR, Im going to need some help so I dont fuck it up. whats the total cost for the whole system, light , table, rez pump ect ect???

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Got it started to day bro. 9 clones in a 50/50 mix of Canna coir and Empire chips/croutons/chunks whatever you choose to call em, in 1 gallon smart pots.
I'd love to learn more about these smart pots...maybe we can see some :sign0005:?

I just did a search and found info on smart pots that are essentially a cloth material bag instead of the plastic grow bags. Is this what you use rr? It sounds great for aeration and natural root-pruning to prevent spin out... :icon_dizzy:

resinryder

resinryder

Grizz-We talked about the E&F tables. I'll help ya any way I can. Thanks for checking in old man, hehe

Shady-I'll post a pic of the smart pots on the tables after the updates. Thanks.

brookstown-8 months veg. Takes a while and I wasn't in a hurry with them. Just 16 more days!!

Here's an update for the thread. The plants are at day 59 as they're moving on into week 9. Still don't know what has happened to the Bubba's but I'm still thinking the Mother Earth Tea that was bad is the culprit. Am also wondering if having the CO2 right down on top of them had anything to do with it too??? Started having problems as both happens within a few days of each other. Run off ph is very close to the same ph that's going in. Plants still taking 2 gallons of water every 4 days. And the buds are looking great even with the leaf problems on the Bubba's and they are sticky as hell. Even tho they look terrible I'm still gonna finish out the thread on them. Embarrassed as hell by the way they look but I like to finish what I start. They will be given plain ph'ed water till the chop on the 18th of this month.

First up is the view as you walk into the bloom room. The pics after that are the LVPK.

11 02 001 Medium
11 02 002 Medium
11 02 004 Medium
11 02 003 Medium
11 02 005 Medium
11 02 006 Medium
resinryder

resinryder

Here's the Diesel-Think I'm gonna let this one go is it doesn't start impressing me soon.

11 02 007 Medium
11 02 008 Medium
11 02 009 Medium
11 02 010 Medium
resinryder

resinryder

New grow with smart pots and 50/50 coir-chips mix.
1st pic is both tables

2nd pic is Table 2-
Hammer Head, Cap Piss, Chemdog #4, and a Double Purple Doja. Thinking about culling the DPD after the report I got on it this past week. Thanks bro, you know who you are. The nutes on this table are GH's Maxi Grow and Bloom later on. Having to change nutes and doing a side by side with table 1 to determine which I'll go with.

3rd pic is Table 1-
2 Cat Piss and 1 Chemdog #4
Using Flora Nova Grow/Bloom on this table

Adding Floralicious Plus to both tables at 1/2ml/gallon at the moment but will bump up to 1ml/gallon as the plants progress. Also using CalMag at 2ml/gallon and will bump that up or down as needed.
Ph on both tables running around 6.0 to 6.1 and EC is at 1.2 soon going to 1.4 to finish out the veg cycle.

1 001 Medium
1 002 Medium
1 003 Medium
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Damn, even if the leaves are turning, those buds are beautiful!!! I wonder if the Ca and Mg needs are the culprit as well? I know you mentioned that most strains you've run haven't needed that much, but from what I've read it seems as though the Bubba Kush is a CalMag whore... Either way I think it's def important and very respectable to finish out the thread. Shit I hate posting my plant health issues, but maybe some will find it helpful or even better, be able to help me LMAO... Only a couple weeks left for you anyways, and I'm guessing you've got mad experience on the hydro front too!

resinryder

resinryder

These are the 2 gallon Smart Pots. I misidentified them in an earlier post as 1 gallon pots. Sorry bout that.
They are basically a felt type material that allows water to flow through, keeps the coco in the bag and not in my nute mix. They allow the roots to be contained inside with the roots that grow through the felt to be air pruned causing no damage whatsoever to the root system. They can be reused but it is a pain in the butt to get the old root material off the sides of the bags. Just wash em off after cleaning, toss them in the washing machine, and hang dry. The coco I'm using is a 50/50 mix of Canna Coco Coir and Empire Coco Chips. Have used a similar mix in the past and got superb root/plant/yield production. As a friend here who suggested the mix to me said, you do get bigger water roots with the chips providing larger spaces in the mix. Later into bloom it does have to be watered an extra cycle to maintain moisture levels I like.
1st pic is the Smart Pot
2nd pic is the coco mix

1 004 Medium
1 005 Medium
resinryder

resinryder

Thanks Shady. Not real sure whats going on. I did raise the CalMag level when the problem started but I'm suspecting a lock out from something. Flushed about 30 gallons of ph'ed water through them too to see if that would help a couple of weeks back. Just gonna give plain water, maybe a little molasses along the way until I cut them down in 16 to 17 more days. I do hate to show messed up plants but that's the way the bud bounces sometimes, hehe
Hydro is my thing. But starting over with new nutes is gonna be a new learning experience. So we'll see how that goes.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
^^^ you know I was thinkin about lockout, but you mentioned that the pH was stable. Now I'm thinkin maybe the extremely large pots need some sort of soil strata. Essentially, I was thinking of doing an experiment in the future by placing different soil mix in different lifts for drainage, and a more even soil moisture throughout the pot. Prob something like 60% light warrior and 40% happy frog on the bottom half with 40% LW and 60% HF on top. It seems like the top layer always dries out too much, when the bottom half of the pot still has a lot of moisture. Maybe this is affecting your dissolved oxygen in the soil and the roots are not able to uptake the nutes efficiently? Ehh, just some thoughts from a rookie...

resinryder

resinryder

Good thoughts Shady. I'm thinking the plants could be root bound as well causing some issues. Even tho I went from a 7 gallon to a 15 gallon pot, there was only room for about an inch of soil around the sides and bottom when I transplanted.

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

rr i got a theory.....
do you water till run-off every time? Im sure most of the yellowing of leaves for me was because i didn't saturate the pots well enough causing only some roots to get nutrients and leaving some not getting enough. hence causing the early yellowing and dying of the leaf.

resinryder

resinryder

Hello Doc EVIL. Howsit bro. Yeah I get runoff every time.
I've had 2 comments that I should have increased the strength of the bloom enhancers. Both stated that by doing so their Bubba''s stayed green longer and produced bigger buds. Still thinking the Mother Earth Tea is what messed them up. Wish I had smelled the bottle before I watered them with it. Grow and learn I suppose.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Lol embarrassed? haha bro we don't smoke the leaves. Who cares. Its all bout the buds which look gravy. As we say round these parts "I'd hit it!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom