Beneficial To Run Co2 In Veg Room, Flower Room, Or Both Using One Controller?

• Thread starter k1w1ed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tommy2snips

tommy2snips

^ light intensity plays a roll in internode spacing for sure.
Can't say that I've ever payed close enough attention to the co2 use to know how it might affect the internode spacing specifically. My assumption and observation is that it increases ALL aspects of the plants growth...

Bannacis

Bannacis

8k of lights... don't see a limiting factor there. a lot depends on how you can set up your grow room/s.
You still need a room for seedlings/clones.... mothers?
a separate veg room will allow you to house mothers, plus get your vegged plants to a larger size to get larger yield.
2 weeks aint gonna get them big enough.
Don't get greedy on over all # at the end.

How about a perpetual grow...harvest 4# (2 lights) every 2 weeks...that's a 208# and it allows you to harvest less at a time.
Getting 2# from a 1k watter indoors is gonna be tough...but at even 1# will get you 104#
Usually a perpetual grow is set up with 4 stages in the room, kinda divide your room into 4 partitions, they can even share lights. start with 1 stage add your plants, then 2 weeks later add 2nd stage,3rd then 4th. by then your stage 1 is ready...(as a 8 week strain). cut down, then add your replacements...
A lot easier on time management, you always have something vegging, buding and harvesting...don't get any better than that. with that way, you can also grow some sativas in the mix, you just have to adjust your cycles...

Bannacis

Bannacis

fuller lusher growth, more plant matter, prolly make nodes look tighter.
in veg if using big lights (1k) imo co2 would be a must, unless you had really good air intake. if you have bookoo foliage then big lights, more water and nute uptake....you would need more air or co2.
if you boost one of those...light, air water and nutes, you need to boost them all.

To get farther node spacing...raise your lights

Wildill

Wildill

I know in winter time some peeps have problem with keeping grow room warm enough. even with lights on...usually floor level (medium) and that's a big problem. cold roots... stunt growth.
So they limit their fresh air, and co2 allows them to do so.
Thats what I do I have a co2 burner I use in veg now mostly because it helps raise temps and speeds of veg time.

mancdank

mancdank

Let's get a couple of things clear guys co2 enrichment is beneficial in both veg and flower u will get faster veg time which for some people is good because they are restricted by the amount of plants they can grow and can create a lush dense canopy with very little plants in a short time I think we would all agree that makes sense now time for the flower part co2 enriched gardens will for sure help with all kinds of issues and plants that are fed with it are far less likely to suffer nute lock or heat stress as they can take much more in a enriched garden but please don't think that co2 will give u a 200% increase in yield because it won't and for co2 to be cost effective a lot of gadgets and devices need to be bought if used properly u can easily get a extra crop a year so u spend 1k on a set up and your garden is worth 20 then it's a no brainer if your more of a hobby guy I would stay away at the end of the day if your averaging over a gram per watt of dried flower your doing well and co2 won't give u that big of a improvement I have found a old co2 set up guna get it serviced and set up with a iws and some auto when the diary is complete I will let u guys know what if any issues I come across :)

mancdank

mancdank

Also by no means am I a expert on this subject but have had a go with it in the past so have some experience but any info tips or tricks would be awesome :)

mancdank

mancdank

Does tweaking co2 and light intensity get you tighter node spacing or something? Or just faster growth, or faster growth and further apart node spacing?
For sure they can handle light and heat a lot better so less likely to get a stretch :) from my experience any way

mancdank

mancdank

Hers a pic of the set up needs a co2 sensor to complete but it will control ever thing needed for successful enrichment and save hours if not days tweaking and adjusting :)

20151212 224949
mancdank

mancdank

Something I would like to know if any 1 has any experience I'm planning on seeding a few of these autos and trying a little breeding will enrichment have any effects on the seeds in any way good or bad ???

ken dog

ken dog

It is absolutely necessary to get a controller... Variable levels of co2 stress the plant, and could possibly do more harm than good.

Also, using high levels of co2 at the end of your flower., will give you light airy buds, and make them less dense, and less aromatic... co2 levels start coming down as soon as you flip to flower, and are down to normal co2 levels at the end of flower.

mancdank

mancdank

It is absolutely necessary to get a controller... Variable levels of co2 stress the plant, and could possibly do more harm than good.

Also, using high levels of co2 at the end of your flower., will give you light airy buds, and make them less dense, and less aromatic... co2 levels start coming down as soon as you flip to flower, and are down to normal co2 levels at the end of flower.
It's funny u say that last time I run it the buds never got real dense I thought it was just the strain what would u recommend for argument sake I'm doing a 10 week flower should I reduce the co2 by a 10th each week ? Or maybe cut it in half at week 5 have u ever tried different methods ?

ken dog

ken dog

It's really easy... First week of veg is 1000, then 1500 ppm from then on until you flip to flower. First week of flower is 1400, and then subtract 100 ppm for each week.

tommy2snips

tommy2snips

Sorry...I don't know how to multi-quote. My comments in bold.

8k of lights... don't see a limiting factor there.(The limit is 8K on this hypothetical grow show...says so right there :cool:) a lot depends on how you can set up your grow room/s. (absolutely)
You still need a room for seedlings/clones.... mothers? (not if you're buying rooted cuts)
a separate veg room will allow you to house mothers, plus get your vegged plants to a larger size to get larger yield. (again, for this example, all light used to grow is limited to 8K. Pre-vegging is fine, but that power has to come out of the bloom room)
2 weeks aint gonna get them big enough.(at 25-36plants per 1K...sure it is)
Don't get greedy on over all # at the end. (greed has different symptoms than anything mentioned in this thread...so I'm not sure what inspired that comment)

How about a perpetual grow...harvest 4# (2 lights) every 2 weeks...that's a 208# and it allows you to harvest less at a time.
Getting 2# from a 1k watter indoors is gonna be tough(it is...no doubt)...but at even 1# will get you 104# (104 - 208# annually??? So a 104K bloom setup...cool, that's a big one!)
Usually a perpetual grow is set up with 4 stages in the room, kinda divide your room into 4 partitions, they can even share lights. start with 1 stage add your plants, then 2 weeks later add 2nd stage,3rd then 4th. by then your stage 1 is ready...(as a 8 week strain). cut down, then add your replacements...
A lot easier on time management, you always have something vegging, buding and harvesting...don't get any better than that. (perpetual works best for some, but certainly not all) with that way, you can also grow some sativas in the mix, you just have to adjust your cycles...

G gnome

G gnome

I run 1500 ppm all thru flowering and the last thing my flowers are is airy.
I am very interested to know how u cane to that conclusion? Did u read that somewhere? Ive never heard that b4.

mancdank

mancdank

When my plants were like that I thought it was the strain but not had enough trials to know I never grew it again it is interesting to hear different people's perspective on it

ken dog

ken dog

I run 1500 ppm all thru flowering and the last thing my flowers are is airy.
I am very interested to know how u cane to that conclusion? Did u read that somewhere? Ive never heard that b4.

Yes... I read and researched after I had a run using 1500 ppm the entire grow... I wasn't satisfied with the smell, or the hardness of the buds.
That's also when I learned that fluctuations in co2 levels during the daytime, adds unneeded stress to the plants, and can actually inhibit optimal growth.

I realize that until I provide sources that back my claims, that it is simply hearsay... I've been racking my brain this morning to provide them. Lol... probably have to wait a bit. :-)

G gnome

G gnome

Yes... I read and researched after I had a run using 1500 ppm the entire grow... I wasn't satisfied with the smell, or the hardness of the buds.
That's also when I learned that fluctuations in co2 levels during the daytime, adds unneeded stress to the plants, and can actually inhibit optimal growth.

I realize that until I provide sources that back my claims, that it is simply hearsay... I've been racking my brain this morning to provide them. Lol... probably have to wait a bit. :)
Right on man. Tag me if ya find some literature. Im interested to see what ya come up w.

tommy2snips

tommy2snips

I've witnessed first hand how the plants don't like having co2 'spikes'....I tried it a few times when I needed to cut the exhaust fan for more important issues, like low humidity(I've since corrected this). As I don't have a co2 controller....I would just fire the co2 every couple hrs. Plants did better leaving it off and just turning the exhaust on occasionally.
I've always cut the co2 for the last 10-14days...I can only guess I read do that from somewhere/someone I thought reputable yrs ago. I have read numerous times about roughly matching your co2 ppm to your nutrient ppm...and as the last 2wks is zero nutrient going in... could be related???

mancdank

mancdank

Have any of u guys got any diary u can post or have any links to any that have got co2

Latest posts

Top Bottom