benes or dm zone?

• Thread starter kritical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Keep the bio dosages low to avoid build up and consider skipping carbo load as carbs have a rep for problems in the UC.

opt1c

opt1c

I vote zone ftw...
flower_day_70_root_close.jpg

flower_day_70_root_hand.jpg

70 days flower and way too many in veg to even bother counting... :harvest:

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I vote zone ftw...
70 days flower and way too many in veg to even bother counting... :harvest:

Makes me wanna try this method. Looks like it works. I was sticking with what I knew from soil growing. Time to learn some new methods I see.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Makes me wanna try this method. Looks like it works. I was sticking with what I knew from soil growing. Time to learn some new methods I see.

I just starting the journey myself, been dirt farming for 9 years.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

You can see where the roots were pulled into the pipe at the bottom left in the pix, wonder how that effected the flow? Did you notice any difference?

B

bangbang24

Talked to Christian from CC today and he recommended Aquashield over Hygrozyme for rootzone and also mentioned that the most successful nutes they regularly see is H&G, Canna and Ionic. I am putting together my first run in my xxl and have been thinking of using something different (Super nutrient SVA, SVB, SBA, SBB,) as a base, any opinions on that?

I was debating the same for the whole month of January... Sterile or not. Have run both this month. I decided to run the Bennies route. I will change out solution from H+G to IONIC (Ph swings like a mutha), CALMAG, DRIP CLEAN, ROOTS EXCEL, and was going to throw in HYGROZYME as well as AQUASHIELD. I don't see why he would recommend Hygrozyme over Aquashield??

I thought I was running HZ for the enzymes and AS for the chicken poop. (Poultry Compost) Wouldn't both be better?

Maybe a bowl while I ponder that one... :character0050:

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I wouldnt even use the hygrozyme funny shit can go down with that in the system. Stick with just the aquashield and RE and make sure to use the aquashield at a very low dose like 3 ml per gal.
Good luck
BG

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Hey Budgoggles. So where can i find a nice picr of your roots you like opt1c has has here above. I would love to see an comparison. I mean his shit looks pristine to me. But i like the idea of us RE and aquashelid my self over zone. And can you remind me what base nutes do you use.

opt1c

opt1c

You can see where the roots were pulled into the pipe at the bottom left in the pix, wonder how that effected the flow? Did you notice any difference?

nope; i think the low pressure of the pump prevented the roots from actually clogging the pipe; they just sorta flowed through it

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Heres a pic with dm gold & zone

aa.jpg

Just starting to use Triflex and the aquashield & roots excel the roots just popped out the pots a few days ago they looked like this.

bs_2_2_lg_sb_004.JPG

There 3 times that size now
BG

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

"I don't see why he would recommend Hygrozyme over Aquashield??" BangBang

Looks like he said Aquashield as opposed to Hygrozyme......as hygrozyme has a bad track record in the UC.

I use both with no problems. I only "charge" the solution with about 3-5mL of hygrozyme after transplant. The trick with hygrozyme, it is only good for an already healthy system. There is nothing live in hygrozyme, it is only enzymes. The enzymes specifically target dead or dyeing root mass (or other particulate matter), and converts them into simpler carbohydrate material. You have to have benies there to consume the carbohydrates produced from the hygrozyme, which is why hygrozyme clogs up sterile systems. If you have too much dead matter for the bennies to keep up with, the hygrozyme will turn all that to sludge and just feed the bad bacteria/fungus even more. Go light on the dosage with hygrozyme.

M

Mmmmasonite

Looks like he said Aquashield as opposed to Hygrozyme......as hygrozyme has a bad track record in the UC.

These are two different products anyway....Hygrozyme is an enzyme to keep roots clean......Aquashield is beneficial bacterias and poop.....Use both....

everyone says H&G is expensive but compare Roots excel and Multizen to these for example.....relatively the same thing but cheaper to run per gal......Peace

B

bangbang24

Oops...

Just reread that... I got that backwards. Meant AS over HZ. Well, I changed my res out this afternoon, and have the Ionic running with Hygrozyme and Aquashield together. HZ @ 4ml/gal and AS @ 5ml/gal, cross your fingers. Ionic is supposed to be the rock of Gibraltar, anything funny starts going down - Hygrozyme gets benched.

Thanks for the info gentlemen...
:smoke

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Aquashield is bacillus, these bacteria will produce enzymes as they bioremediate organic matter....though there is very little dead root material when you run your UC system correctly.

Ebb and Flow systems for instance have roots growing and air pruning perpetually, necessitating an enzyme as a means of dealing with the debris.

If you've ever used hygrozyme in the UC you'd know why you don't want to in the future......two words, fugging slime....though if you feel the need to use it then the lower the dose the better.

Both Cannazyme and Multizen are similar to hygrozyme but seem to react better in the UC for some reason.

B

bangbang24

ZONE, roots excel, multi zen and drip clean FTW!!!
How do some guys get the results having Zone eat at the Roots Excel? I tried a mil/gal Zone in the EZ Clones to see if it would keep cleaner, but all it did was stunt the root formation. Most tubs had a 30% or less success rate. Then, we take the Zone back out - Wham-O!! Roots in 4-6 days on the quickest strains. Zone messes with the beneficial bacterias in RE enough to greatly affect the rooting process. I know a mature plant in the UC is a different comparison to a clone struggling thru the rooting process, but that just didn't settle well with me. If Zone can sway the results of my cuttings, I don't want it spoiling all the $$ I spend on Roots Excel.

Plants in nature thrive on the different cultures of bacterias, etc found in their root zone. We mimic everything else, why not bennies too? Seems that as long as we run with the cleaner versions (AquaShield type) then we're good to go as long as the water temps and all other conditions are groovy.

IMVHO, it's always a good idea to give the ladies what they want...
:character0111:

Top Bottom