benes or dm zone?

• Thread starter kritical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kritical

yea chiller is a must no doubt but i dont feel completely comfortable going with straight base nutes... id like some sort of protection and yea it looks like a sterile res is how ima take my 1st run down to zone or hydro fungicide.... hmmm
-KT

yea im using a chiller set at 66 and adding 1ml - 2ml of zone and its working great so far! keep it simple.

heres some pix of my garden

K

kamdavs

If anyone knows the answer, can you help me out. Im trying to figure out how much DM Zone that I need to add back to the system. When you do add backs, do you also add back the DM Zone? Do you know if the zone gets absorbed by the plants and that you have to replenish the system with it every so often, or does it stay in there until the next reservoir change? For example, does it take 1 week to get absorbed, and then its gone and you have to add more?

M

Mmmmasonite

If anyone knows the answer, can you help me out. Im trying to figure out how much DM Zone that I need to add back to the system. When you do add backs, do you also add back the DM Zone? Do you know if the zone gets absorbed by the plants and that you have to replenish the system with it every so often, or does it stay in there until the next reservoir change? For example, does it take 1 week to get absorbed, and then its gone and you have to add more?

I am pretty sure that Zone's main ingredient is sulfur....which.... to my knowledge....is not absorbed by the plant...I think if you are topping off....then add as much Zone to that top off water as needed....otherwise just replenish at the rez change.....Peace

opt1c

opt1c

One ml of zone added back for every gallon of water you add back

KAL EL

KAL EL

Is it possible to use too many bennies? I have been running my UC with some A Shield and Hizenburg's tea. When I added some Cannazyme my roots went to shit. Turned all brown and got a buildup of bio solids. Some of the weaker plants started to yellow a bit. I discontinued the Cannazyme and the roots are slowly starting to bounce back with the exception of a few plants. Is there a point at which, if you have too many bennies in the system, D.O. levels will drop and choke out the roots? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Too many benes will create foam in the res. If you don't have foam, you don't have too many benes.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

How about a chiller and the use of Stress zyme for keeping it clean??? I have had a few people use it and stand by it as it is a cheap alternative to hygrozyme and keeps everything nice and clean.

D

DrGoodMeds

Anyone have any experience with a DO meter? Do you think it would be possible to measure the amount of organisms in your res with one? It seems that if you saw a drop in DO this would be an indication that a organism bloom is starting... Any micro-biologist out there that can confirm this?

Another measurement I was looking at is the BOD test (Biochemical Oxygen Demand). It takes 5 days to complete but at the end you have a good idea of the amount of living organisms in your res... They use this test for waste water treatment plants and to quantify the health of rivers and lakes. I would think this could be a very useful data point in the garden. Does anyone have experience with this?

DGM

Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra

I just changed my 6XXL13 and 8XL13 from 1 ml zone to .66ml per gallon roots excel and 2 ml per gallon aquashield.

I kinda nubbed it up and burned the babies in the 6XXL13 with a 400ppm solution right off the bat, and the roots never went crazy. 2 weeks later i have decent roots, but it still wasn't what I was expecting so I am trying this Live rez out.

The 8XL13 just had babies put in her, so she is live from the get go :)

will report if i see a crazy change.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I am pretty sure that Zone's main ingredient is sulfur....which.... to my knowledge....is not absorbed by the plant...I think if you are topping off....then add as much Zone to that top off water as needed....otherwise just replenish at the rez change.....Peace

Sulfur, SO4 is the 6th most uptaken element by plants.

IMGP0750
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Also my thread in this section is a side by side one UC is sterile (zone and UV) and the back one is living (RE and Aquashield.)

They are doing almost identical.

IMGP0875
snoopytime

snoopytime

Also my thread in this section is a side by side one UC is sterile (zone and UV) and the back one is living (RE and Aquashield.)

They are doing almost identical.

Very nice test man! I guess you can say sterile and bennies when done right, are 2 paths to the same goal - healthy plants that can 'do their thing'!

I personally use the sterile method like you said, except I use Hydro-Fungicide instead of zone. UV-ing the RO water FIRST is key!

Zone's main ingredient is actually chloramine in my opinion.

Best of luck everyone, disease season is starting NOWWWW! lol . . at least in the northern hemisphere.

J

jimg1043

I use in my dwc hydrofungicide works like a charm every time.shout out to chris and hydro groovy thanks man :):banana:

Top Bottom