Bennificials question

• Thread starter biggun4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

biggun4me

I went to the hydro store and was looking at AN Piranha and tarantula, The guy told me that Great White is the same as both of them in 1 jar for a much lower price.. Is this true?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Basically, he's right. My favorite bennie additive.

The Joker

The Joker

Just got it myself I'll let you know! Was thinking of using Myccho Madness or whatever from humboldt nutes, but even with a 30% discount it was $ 65 for a quart!!! Next time.

Blaze

Blaze

Great White does work well form what I saw when I tested it but there are cheaper alternatives. Check out some of the producs that Xtreme Gardening makes - they work just as well IME and are far cheaper.

Personally I think the Great White and AN's products contain a lot of beni's that don't actually do anything for cannabis. For example most ectomycorrhizal have been found to only benefit trees, mostly conifers, and probably do absolutely nothing for annuals. The same goes for trihcoderma fungi; if large quantities are present before the application of a mycorrhizal inoculum, then the trichoderma will inhibit the establishment of the mycorrhiza.

I used Mykos from Xtreme gardening this last year and it preformed just as well as AN's products and the Great White but cost a fraction as much.

P

PuFFnNugg

I'm sure he's right about some of the endomycorrhizal and what not not being helpful, but who knows, and the more variety you throw in there the better chance you have of the beneficial ones colonizing. I noticed a big difference when I added the Great White, and I had already used Rho from botanicare. I would recommend it to anyone, I wouldn't waste my money on AN either. They have some good products, but just the fact they want you to buy two things of beneficials when it could easily be one is garbage.

How much is this Mycos you speak of, I thought Great White was reasonably priced

Blaze

Blaze

Oh yeah I'm not saying it doesn't work. It works great! I'm just saying I got just as good results using a cheaper product.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

My girls love a mild solution of GW, molasses, and Age Old Kelp. I'm not saying GW is the miracle nutrient or anything. I received a free container of it for a test grow for a mag, and I haven't run out yet. I'll continue to use it until I am proven there's a better myco supplement out there. It is pricey, but a $40 jar will last a hobby grower for a year or so. It's just a good idea to add some myco to your grow; it is good for your gals.

Also need to point out that many soil companies provide it in certain mixes of their product- for instance, Fox Farm includes it in their Happy Frog, and Peace of Mind dry fertilizer mix. There are many ways to get it in your soil without spending a ton of cash.

J

Jalisco Kid

Ecto's are for trees. I spend $52 for 25 lbs. at a dist price. You just have to look hard and use your computer to make invoices. JK

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

say you were going to spray down your crown (in hydro) with myco. what would you use for a dosage?

Blaze

Blaze

Yeah, it's just one species. More isn't always better though. Generally you end up with just one dominant fungus in your soil anyway so IMO there isn't much point in using 10 different species. This is especially true if you are using species that are only for trees like the ecto's (as both JK and I pointed out) which both Great WHite and AN's products contain.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm sure my Dr. Earth contains tree-specific species. But I'm a frugal woman and I reuse whatever I can. I also do my very best to use what I can source locally, you know where I'd be sourcing something like the Mykos. If I make a tea with it I can reuse the solids elsewhere, and that's what I do. Since I'm surrounded by trees, especially conifers, well....

In any event, check out the microbe list generated from Dr. Earth Organic 5 (veggie pre-mix, I have since switched to Organic 4, wanted to experiment with Organic 8 but now they belong to Gardener & Bloome so the whole thing's gone whonky), I think it's pretty decent.

Ok, I'm looking at the Dr. Earth site right now, and they show my local garden center as a distributor. Except it was one of the sisters who told me it's being replaced by Gardener & Bloom and that they've taken over the Dr. Earth company/line/whatever. WTF is going on with them? :thinking

http://www.drearth.com/

View attachment dr.earth.organic5-microbes.doc
stickyicky

stickyicky

I like these guys.

Been using them for 3yrs.+. Earth Ambrosia and Earth Nectar for hydro mainly. The ambrosia replaces the need for humic acid. You do not want to use kelp products w/ this. I also use the Nectar as a foilar @ 20/1. Plants love this shit.

I get 1gal. of ea. delivered for $67 dollars.

Anyone else have experience w/ these?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No experience, but I have heard good things. Why no mix kelp?

OH! This is one of the first pages I ran into when first learning about mycos. I went with Dr. Earth because I found it locally (again, that thing).

stickyicky

stickyicky

I spoke w/ the founder of Soil Secrets Michael Melendrez. This guy has been doing research for over 20 yrs. and know his shit, to say the least. Anyway's he mentioned something about a reaction of some kind w/ Kelp. Not quite sure to be honest.

He got me to stop using a few products like, humic/fulvic acids and kelp products I thought were benefitting me. I don't miss any of them. I love the byproduct of a clean rez w/ this stuff (EA/EN). I can let the rez go for 3 weeks if needed.

All the products they carry are much kinder in price than the Hydroponic marketed stuff IMO.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They sell an amino product. I can't remember who was saying they're not sure plants take up aminos, but I thought about that. Protein... nubbins or something like that?

B

bicycle racer

love great white my new favorite did side by sides certainly useful. before i have used gh subculture b and subculture m also a.n. and there 2 products. great white best.

B

biggun4me

..I was going to type and realized I am very stoned..... Peace

Top Bottom