Best 1,000 Watt Reflector ?

• Thread starter jigglybones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bubbak

horizontal (bulb is sideways) reflectors reflect the most light back to the plants and and enclosed one w/ glass and air is well worth it

i like no reflector and vertical bulbs hanging in a pillar of light with the plant canopy wraped around them but i understand if thats not your thing

parabollic umbrella style with a vertical bulb in them are the least efficient but give greater coverage for vegging

-keep in mind just a layer of glass (cool tube or lense on an air shade) will eat up 6-9% of your light depending on thickness and glass type

-water sleeves are the worst lmao - water absorbs infrared and heat really well but also much of your red spectrum!!! which is the most important bandwith in flower

-most go with titanium white which reflects 80+ percent but if you go with silver it will reflect alot more but it must be textured, not smooth like a mirror or can cause hot spots

-never make your own reflectors with foylon or mylar, the stuff burns like napalm if it catches.

M

Max Paynal

Has anyone had success with the adjust a wing reflector? Its size and dimension look legit, but we are concerned about the heat that it may cause...

Where we grow heat and wattage is a HUGE issue...

Thanks for the input!

Max

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I am using 4 MAGNUM XXL And 4 Super sun 2's Its gonna be nice to see and know the difference in yield.. Same strain ,same nutes ,same growing medium...we shall see Last run I pulled 2 lbs per light growing Kush using the Magnum XXL...

archaicatoms

archaicatoms

I am using 4 MAGNUM XXL And 4 Super sun 2's Its gonna be nice to see and know the difference in yield.. Same strain ,same nutes ,same growing medium...we shall see Last run I pulled 2 lbs per light growing Kush using the Magnum XXL...

Can't wait for this!

B

bubbak

thats a great controlled comparison, will be telling

P

Punk

Has anyone had success with the adjust a wing reflector? Its size and dimension look legit, but we are concerned about the heat that it may cause...

Where we grow heat and wattage is a HUGE issue...

Thanks for the input!

Max

I run 2-1000w adjust a wings. They work great, but I dont have to worry about heat.

They do get hot spots when they are placed to close together.

Top Bottom