Best 315s Out....

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CbdHealth

I just called Philips and the 3100k pronged based bulb is indeed discontinued, I have been contemplating a phantom setup as the bulb is hung vertically , definitely a taller unit then the 5 inch solis tek but I read somewehre that the solis tek is using Chinese made bulb with inferior components

I'm wondering if the Philips 4200k would be suitable to use start to finish, to grow and flower under? as the 3100k is no longer available as a replacement for the future...

mancdank

mancdank

I just checked their site and they indicate they are currently out of stock. With that said I am not the one to answer your original question as I myself have been on the fence on upgrading my lighting system and with the dizzying array of tech and systems I am about to implode with overamped amounts of data and information.

I have been back and forth between Plasma tech and 315 cmh. I actually like the design of the E- Papillon cmh due to the reflector design that vents heat upwards and doesn't create a lot of radiant heat load at the canopy.

So as you can see I am a tad dazed n confused. I want to be sure whatever dinero I shell out will not be regretted later. Maybe I'll hitch along your thread and hopefully be able to learn some more.
Snap I've been looking too and every time I see something and think that's defo the 1 I see something else. I think I'm guna wait a little and see if the market levels out and shows me a clear winner

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I just called Philips and the 3100k pronged based bulb is indeed discontinued, I have been contemplating a phantom setup as the bulb is hung vertically , definitely a taller unit then the 5 inch solis tek but I read somewehre that the solis tek is using Chinese made bulb with inferior components

I'm wondering if the Philips 4200k would be suitable to use start to finish, to grow and flower under? as the 3100k is no longer available as a replacement for the future...
I could be mistaken (I'd heard what you just confirmed, thank you for making sure that's the case and sharing out) ... but I believe BoulderLights makes their own 315 3100k due to Philips quitting that line?

SolisTek makes bulbs for HPS but are honest that EYE Hortilux are your better bet. They really seem like decent folks and care about integrity and customer service.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Snap I've been looking too and every time I see something and think that's defo the 1 I see something else. I think I'm guna wait a little and see if the market levels out and shows me a clear winner
A 315 fixture comparison showing PAR, side by side, would be the way to see. If there is an unbiased organization or tester out there?

GrowerHouse seems to do this? They tested SunSystem 315 vs a lot of 400w competition tech and found the 315 PAR per watt score dramatically higher ...

S

StringSinger

Was planning a room full of Boulder Lights. So many reasons.

BUT then heard SolisTek has theirs out finally, and their digital adjustable ballasts are proven to beat all others...

These are half the price ($300 to me VS $500 for Boulders), up to 8 daisy chain (also very important to me), completely slim and flat, company I completely trust and already use.... any reason they arent the best for my buck? Honestly?

How are you getting these for $300? Growers House has them on preorder for $435.

Im trying out CMH's for the first time, havent flowered yet. Small garden 1 1k DE HPS, 1 Phillips 315 bulb, and a DE 630 CMH by Growers Choice over a 10x5. Ive heard a lot of good things, had to see for myself.

keiksweat

keiksweat

A 315 fixture comparison showing PAR, side by side, would be the way to see. If there is an unbiased organization or tester out there?

GrowerHouse seems to do this? They tested SunSystem 315 vs a lot of 400w competition tech and found the 315 PAR per watt score dramatically higher ...
hey pal,sorry to bring even more choice for you to mull over.lol.but have you checked out the dimlux cmh 315 fixture.they do a 630 too.they have dimming on even the 315,and you can hook up a small exhaust duct to the fixture.they run original Phillips tech,so I've been told.a lot of the big stores here in the UK are stocking these.good luck whichever way you go pal..hope this helps.

Freshone

Freshone

How are you getting these for $300? Growers House has them on preorder for $435.

Im trying out CMH's for the first time, havent flowered yet. Small garden 1 1k DE HPS, 1 Phillips 315 bulb, and a DE 630 CMH by Growers Choice over a 10x5. Ive heard a lot of good things, had to see for myself.
300 is a smoking deal,keep in mind though some fixtures come with bulbs and some don't so if not you need to add 90 bucks or so total cost.

C

CbdHealth

How is the comparison thus far?
I'm in the process of completing my first 4x4 medical set-up and I've been wondering how 2 315's in a 4x4 would perform.
I'm pondering Nanolux, either 2 individual 315 fixtures, or one fixture of 630 with 2 315's

or should I not be using Nanolux as I'm not in a industrial warehouse setting and wont be running additional fixtures creating Overlap

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
How is the comparison thus far?
I'm in the process of completing my first 4x4 medical set-up and I've been wondering how 2 315's in a 4x4 would perform.
I'm pondering Nanolux, either 2 individual 315 fixtures, or one fixture of 630 with 2 315's

or should I not be using Nanolux as I'm not in a industrial warehouse setting and wont be running additional fixtures creating Overlap
For a 4 x 4 that should work nicely for you. :smoking:

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

My friends own a shop, and on the Boulders another friend is a distributor.
=)

It appears the Boulders claim basically 700 PAR, and Lumiteks claim 560.

Learned I can get vert Boulders (not sure if LED included) for under $400 each, too, and they stack easily.....

C

CbdHealth

nanolux would be better then the sunsystem's correct

the Phantom by hydrofarm is 12" tall and apparently have some other issues
I read that the Solistek's bulbs are potentially being made with inferior components

I'm wanting to run Philips from my research or growers choice
the nanolux is available @120v
and unfortunatly dimlux is not...

I'm looking for the Best 315, ideally a duel 315 rather then a DE, or ill go with 2 fixtures
and ideally they would be vertically hung.
or if anyone has came across the PGZ18 base, the Female, the Socket?
I'm new, researching trying to get this figured out, as ill be new to growing for self sufficiency, but my needs are not that of a new medical user

Last edited:
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

hey pal,sorry to bring even more choice for you to mull over.lol.but have you checked out the dimlux cmh 315 fixture.they do a 630 too.they have dimming on even the 315,and you can hook up a small exhaust duct to the fixture.they run original Phillips tech,so I've been told.a lot of the big stores here in the UK are stocking these.good luck whichever way you go pal..hope this helps.
You hate me, Keik. More choice?? hahaha all good.
To me PAR, daisy chain, and price are my 3 priorities I believe...
BUT I like dimming and heat vents out... probably better for next area build where venting will be important... helpful info! Thanks brother~!

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

nanolux would be better then the sunsystem's correct

the Phantom by hydrofarm is 12" tall and apparently have some other issues
I read that the Solistek's bulbs are potentially being made with inferior components

I'm wanting to run Philips from my research or growers choice
the nanolux is available @120v
and unfortunatly dimlux is not...

I'm looking for the Best 315, ideally a duel 315 rather then a DE, or ill go with 2 fixtures
and ideally they would be vertically hung.
or if anyone has came across the PGZ18 base, the Female, the Socket?
I'm new, researching trying to get this figured out, as ill be new to growing for self sufficiency, but my needs are not that of a new medical user
Did you see the CaliCropDoc video data comparison? 315s banged out much much more CBD. Probably due to spectrum?

Only vertical 315s are Boulder Lamps? If Im remembering, Philips stopped making 3100k bulbs but Boulder Lamps took over facility or matched specs or something?
Wonder also if bulbs in SolisTek are what result in 560 reported PAR vs Boulders 700?

keiksweat

keiksweat

he
You hate me, Keik. More choice?? hahaha all good.
To me PAR, daisy chain, and price are my 3 priorities I believe...
BUT I like dimming and heat vents out... probably better for next area build where venting will be important... helpful info! Thanks brother~!
Hehe..

C

CbdHealth

No I haven't seen that comparison video, I find that very interesting..
there are other brands as Phantom and sun systems
Nanolux has a vertical since 315 but their duel 315 are horizontal... but also 11inch hood to 8 inch

I'm interested in boulders overtook Philips facility, that their might make the decision..
I was thinking nanolux.... I'm new and see them as being one of the more reputable fixture companies but I don't really know much I'm that new

Freshone

Freshone

I don't think Boulder took over anything of Philips.
More like Philips quit making it because they don't like their products being associated with cannabis growing in any way,They did the same with the DE bulbs.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I don't think Boulder took over anything of Philips.
More like Philips quit making it because they don't like their products being associated with cannabis growing in any way,They did the same with the DE bulbs.
Bastards. I swear someone told me Boulder took over or at least initiated their own 3100k bulb production, but I might be off.

Totally sucks about Philips. Makes no sense. Massive, growing, increasingly legal market, and it reinforces the quality of their invention.

Wonder who will make best PAR unit, and who will make best PAR 3100k bulbs....

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

No I haven't seen that comparison video, I find that very interesting..
there are other brands as Phantom and sun systems
Nanolux has a vertical since 315 but their duel 315 are horizontal... but also 11inch hood to 8 inch

I'm interested in boulders overtook Philips facility, that their might make the decision..
I was thinking nanolux.... I'm new and see them as being one of the more reputable fixture companies but I don't really know much I'm that new
Im not seeing a vertical 315 on Nanolux site? Also not seeing PAR, which is a shame. But I have nothing bad to say about them as a company.

My experience is owning SolisTek and them being best PAR in HPS digitals, and calling Boulder Lamps once... got completely educated in complex light physics.

A buddy uses 630s, which are likely Nanolux. His buds look as good as any Ive seen anywhere, anytime. He swears by them, wants more.

The CaliCropDoc is back a page or two; I posted it because it makes a very strong, scientific data and results backed case that 315s are superior in every way to HPS.

Top Bottom