Best 315s Out....

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
keiksweat

keiksweat

I don't think Boulder took over anything of Philips.
More like Philips quit making it because they don't like their products being associated with cannabis growing in any way,They did the same with the DE bulbs.
that's more likely,its the same over here un the uk,the Phillips double ended bulbs stopped being made.hydri store friend told me its exatly that reason.they cant afford to be linked to canna,especially as its totally illegal over here.he also was the one who told me,non of the ballast bulb combination work like the Phillips 315 .they made and designed it.everything else is a copy.his words not mine guys...lol.anyway,if the Phillips de bulb,compared to gavitas own bulb are anything to go on.i agree.phillips were way better.

Freshone

Freshone

that's more likely,its the same over here un the uk,the Phillips double ended bulbs stopped being made.hydri store friend told me its exatly that reason.they cant afford to be linked to canna,especially as its totally illegal over here.he also was the one who told me,non of the ballast bulb combination work like the Phillips 315 .they made and designed it.everything else is a copy.his words not mine guys...lol.anyway,if the Phillips de bulb,compared to gavitas own bulb are anything to go on.i agree.phillips were way better.
Agreed and also agree nothing is as good as the Philips,i bought a case of the de bulbs when I heard.Couple more things,philips 315 ballasts are much better(or at least they were)than the Chinese alternatives most companies use.Philips designed it specifically for the 315.
Someone told me awhile back that Philips still makes these bulbs but branded with others names on them but I don't know if that's true or which
ones they are.
Philips bulbs and ballasts are the best quality and par output,everything else is a knockoff.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Agreed and also agree nothing is as good as the Philips,i bought a case of the de bulbs when I heard.Couple more things,philips 315 ballasts are much better(or at least they were)than the Chinese alternatives most companies use.Philips designed it specifically for the 315.
Someone told me awhile back that Philips still makes these bulbs but branded with others names on them but I don't know if that's true or which
ones they are.
Philips bulbs and ballasts are the best quality and par output,everything else is a knockoff.
yeah,my pal at the store said most of them ballasts don't even put out the right frequency to utilize the full spectrum of said bulb.and those new ones wich put out 800-900 and something watts are shite compared to the proper Phillips 315 cmh.ive been told to go with the maxibright setup for budget,or the dimlux fixture,but that's like £500 compared to £240 for the budget one.sure would love a room full of them dimlux ones though.love the open gavita style reflector and ducting connection on top.7 stage dimming.gotta be right.

keiksweat

keiksweat

so what would that mean for the nanolux modle? equivalent to a dimlux? would be using a proper driver for the 315? 50-60hz
I like the look of that square reflector on the nano 315.and vertical bulb is cool too.depends what you wanna pay.that one funkadelic put up looks a good fixture too.lol.sorry guys,there's a lot to mull over.im saying dimlux is the way id go if cash no problem.

C

CbdHealth

yah I'm thinking the Single 315 with the vertical bulb is the better idea......reg $323 but 280 a unit if buying 2
Bulbs not included.
so 2 of the single unit 315 That is 13" tall
or the 630 that is 8" tall

dim lux in 240 volts, I only have 120 @ the wall
isn't Nano lux the next logical choice, although I don't think I can dim it?

Top Bottom