best, better or whatever...?

• Thread starter kushsmoker30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushsmoker30

can any 1 tell me knows leading the way these days in glass i've heard Sheldon Black or Mobius, but u here a diff thing every store u go to..mainly point u toward to there stock on the shelves.

also a good place to get em here in cali for good price, Thanks THC Fam

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I use both Co u mentioned.. I really like my Mobius stereo matrix it fuckin rips..I got mine rite here in the NO at Tower Smoke Shop..

K

kushsmoker30

I use both Co u mentioned.. I really like my Mobius stereo matrix it fuckin rips..I got mine rite here in the NO at Tower Smoke Shop..

dam g a Mobius n a Sheldon ur doing it nice over there.
i just found out bout these Dave Goldstein friited disc percs they call it a Rooster Apparatus i believe, u ever use 1 of these?

squiggly

squiggly

Wow a fritted disk in a rig, that's pretty smart and awesome.

We use these to filter stuff out at specific micron measurements in the lab. Typically these will come affixed to a buchner funnel.

Kinda pissed I didn't come up with this actually.

Here's my one fear with them--they are fucking NOTORIOUSLY difficult to clean.

You must never let this shit get dirty, not even once.

If you:

1. Scrub it.

2. Use harsh chemicals on it.

3. Touch it too much.

4. Put the wrong type of oil through it (which cannabis oil makes me concerned)

You will destroy it. No questions.

I suppose its less sensitive, however, if you don't need it to operate at a specific micron filtration level.

B

bckwht

i dont live in cali but ive ordered from aqualabtechnologies a few times with no probs at all...pretty sure they have about every type of glass you could want from atleast the majority of the top glass companies

honestcharlie

honestcharlie

Aqua labs is a sponsor with a good selection but no one can tell you what to get unless they know what your wanting to do with it. Sheldon black is going to be expensive for a regular tube with diffuser you buy a name not quality or performance. Mobius is a better choice but what are you smoking? Flower or hash stereo matrix, hash only retti perc bubbler. The David Goldstein is a flavor Raper and he is an asshole who sues people for using a fritted disc perc. The shape is pleasing but the patented label and his rep ruin that shit. What's your price range and what are you going to use it for? Sovereignty is the one leading the way also. They are ultra premium... You asked

squiggly

squiggly

Aqua labs is a sponsor with a good selection but no one can tell you what to get unless they know what your wanting to do with it. Sheldon black is going to be expensive for a regular tube with diffuser you buy a name not quality or performance. Mobius is a better choice but what are you smoking? Flower or hash stereo matrix, hash only retti perc bubbler. The David Goldstein is a flavor Raper and he is an asshole who sues people for using a fritted disc perc. The shape is pleasing but the patented label and his rep ruin that shit. What's your price range and what are you going to use it for? Sovereignty is the one leading the way also. They are ultra premium... You asked

I was thinking that the fritted disc would totally murder flavor. When you pass through a filter in that configuration there are a lot of places for oil to settle and be lost during filter transit.

Still the gimmick is fierce. I'm glad you said this as I was considering grabbing/making one--but the idea that it destroys flavor fits right in with what I'd expect so I'll steer clear.

K

kushsmoker30

Thanks 4 ur reply mainly oil, i hear the mobius is great for both flowers n oil. those Sovereignty pieces r very nice, glad u pointed them out to me that is the reason i asked 4 peeps like u to show the new stuff....i h8 buying something new only to turn around n they just busted out the new improved version of it Lol.

i really don't want to spend $400, but 4 the right piece why not?
looking around now cuz many stores have sales on 420 hoping to find a nice piece for 25%-30%.

those fritted disc percs r mainly 4 oil n u can't use ice or cold water in it, must b room temp water or u'll end up plugging it up.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

get a sovereignty! back in my glass days I had 5 or 6 of them, always better than every other tube I've bought. Not sure if his quality or aesthetic is as on point today as it was 2-3 years ago, but the design he makes now that I can recommend is the stemline (i had prototypes of both the 44mm stemline and the king stemline...king stem was one of my favorites but mine was an early prototype and I think he changed the design on them a little).

Honestly if you have a hard time deciding just go with a narrow bore (38 or 44mm) straight tube with a diffused downstem. My most used piece is a 12 in. tall straight with a sovereignty downstem I got at my local headshop (they sell the downstems on aqualab too).

honestcharlie

honestcharlie

David Goldstein is like a golf ball through a garden hose. It has 0 clearing action and all the bubbles trap the smoke after the hit so you're left with stale smoke or have to sit there dragging till its clean. Mobius is good their facet disc isn't popular or recommend but matrix or retti perc is. Sovereignty is grossly over recommend because they are the best... I use sovereignty almost exclusively. Don't get a kingstem or 50x5 too big for hash. Get a female tube or bubbler you will have more options on bowls you'll just have to buy a dome adaptor nail combo to dab.

squiggly

squiggly

David Goldstein is like a golf ball through a garden hose. It has 0 clearing action and all the bubbles trap the smoke after the hit so you're left with stale smoke or have to sit there dragging till its clean. Mobius is good their facet disc isn't popular or recommend but matrix or retti perc is. Sovereignty is grossly over recommend because they are the best... I use sovereignty almost exclusively. Don't get a kingstem or 50x5 too big for hash. Get a female tube or bubbler you will have more options on bowls you'll just have to buy a dome adaptor nail combo to dab.

Thanks for the break down on that. Very thorough and to the motherfucking point.

honestcharlie

honestcharlie

squiggly I thoroughly appreciate your contributions to the farm. Spread knowledge truth is real and knowable.

honestcharlie

honestcharlie

Also if this is exclusively for butane hash then the rule of thumb is smaller size with less filtration is better to preserve flavor and maintain vapor.

K

kushsmoker30

i been looking into these Sovereignty pieces, that peyote perc is crazy...going to find a video to post of a hit going thru it later when a have a some time

K

kushsmoker30

any reviews from peeps on here bout this peyote pillar perc ?

K

kushsmoker30

dam found out the peyote pillar is 1-4k, 4K is dam near the price of 2 elbows these days. don't think i'll be getting 1 of those even if it is at 30% off

honestcharlie

honestcharlie

They sell used as low as $925 worth every penny if it seems like something you can handle. Love mine with no regrets. Beat all flower tube...

K

kushsmoker30

i'm looking around calling stores n shit if i got tha bread when i run into 1 i'll deff jump on it, hope it's 2-3 weeks after i yank that'll up my chances of making it happen. ima do what i can to not settle 4 less, doing so will only be cheating myself. Thanks 4 pointing out that line of glass to me

Top Bottom