Best Brand Coco Coir

• Thread starter Quitters
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I would say B'Cuzz coco is pretty much top of the line. Next up I would say Canna or CocoGro. Those two I would put up against each other any day. Cocogro is quite a bit cheaper also. Gold Label puts out a great product in my opinion.

S

sadhu

Hey ..............i would have to say ...........Crop Circles .

Peace sadhu :sad0104:

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I am doing a test between Botanicare, Canna, Bcuzz, and roots right now on 4 different tables.. All I have to say is holy shit, the Roots is blowing everything else out of the water..

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
It isn't I've Ben using Botanicare cocogrow and I'd have to say it's better than royal gold and atami but those are the only ones Ive used and the cocogrow is only $17 a bag.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I am doing a test between Botanicare, Canna, Bcuzz, and roots right now on 4 different tables.. All I have to say is holy shit, the Roots is blowing everything else out of the water..

Surfr,
can you hook us up on some comparison pics on the different cocos?

Thanks,

-TF

purpleberry

purpleberry

I say F@*K ROYAL GOLD, not only was it wet and still had alot salt, In the end it was full of white larva much larger than a soil gnat, not sure what it what it was. I had problems the whole time with the soil not drying as fast as it should and i couldnt figure it, til the end. Those larva ate my roots. This was a very clean room with no other soil around and no one coming in ect, Every pot had the larva's. So it was sure in the royal gold. The coco came from a enclosed grow store that had a almost new pallet. So it didnt happen at the store. I think royal gold owes me the %50 i lost.
Im thinking of getting a soil sterilizer to treat everything i use.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Is that the only coco you've tried? I haven't tried that yet I was thinking of trying it and the sunshine just coir but I'm really liking the cocogrow it's better than atami and royal gold imop and it's cheap $17 .

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I've probably posted in this thread already, but these are my observations, as of today:
I needed 12 bags, asked for Royal Gold, from a new supplier.... saw the MSRP in the Sunlight Catalog was 15.95... was told I would get a 35% discount on my order, I ordered a bunch of nutes, and some hardware, too....

Recieved the promised discount on nutes, and hardware, was told the MSRP on Royal Gold was JACKED to 28.95 recently! I was offered bags at 21 bucks, but, still, I can get Canna for 20 bucks! I passed on the Royal Gold, went and got the Canna after I got my nutes.... but, WTF!

I've been getting bags of the Royal Gold at a totally different place for like 16 bucks a bag..... so, what gives?

Is the price of Coco going up?

bigdrty

bigdrty

I've probably posted in this thread already, but these are my observations, as of today:
I needed 12 bags, asked for Royal Gold, from a new supplier.... saw the MSRP in the Sunlight Catalog was 15.95... was told I would get a 35% discount on my order, I ordered a bunch of nutes, and some hardware, too....

Recieved the promised discount on nutes, and hardware, was told the MSRP on Royal Gold was JACKED to 28.95 recently! I was offered bags at 21 bucks, but, still, I can get Canna for 20 bucks! I passed on the Royal Gold, went and got the Canna after I got my nutes.... but, WTF!

I've been getting bags of the Royal Gold at a totally different place for like 16 bucks a bag..... so, what gives?

Is the price of Coco going up?

35% off? damn what shop is this? I am getting killed on my prices then, I only get 20% and I am buying in Bulk, like costco status...

Quitters

Quitters

Anyone tried Cyco Coco

i hear they use Canna's old plant or somthing like that, dont hold me to it lol

C

Canvas

I say F@*K ROYAL GOLD, not only was it wet and still had alot salt, In the end it was full of white larva much larger than a soil gnat, not sure what it what it was. I had problems the whole time with the soil not drying as fast as it should and i couldnt figure it, til the end. Those larva ate my roots. This was a very clean room with no other soil around and no one coming in ect, Every pot had the larva's. So it was sure in the royal gold. The coco came from a enclosed grow store that had a almost new pallet. So it didnt happen at the store. I think royal gold owes me the %50 i lost.
Im thinking of getting a soil sterilizer to treat everything i use.

In the future, I will be heat pasturizing all my new, most media;
by baking it in the oven, in a Turkey Oven Bag (Reynolds), oven at 350, till the media is at F 160 degrees, and hold for an hour.

This kind of thing is a standard 'tek' in mushroom culture, and bulk pasturization techniques for compost are covered in Paul Stamets book, The Mushroom Cultivator.

Top Bottom