best butane to use?

• Thread starter Krypto1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah its been mentioned before Skyler*? From Tokecity has a huge and regularly updated thread on butane brands. :D

*goes back to smoking his bong*

U.E

U.E

Capital N-butane. Hands down the best if you do not own a closed loop system. Heres what we pull out of our vac oven. This is at room temp as well

chuckchill

chuckchill

im late to this party by the looks of it.lol. but i can get any amount i order of ,NEWPORT,! zero impurities stuff.lol.300?330! ml a can. about 3£ a shot. money of for buying more!. if u still interested? just ask man.ill tell u were u can get it from/or delivered.
peace.
c.c
Hia Guys!,

does anyone know the best brands available that we can get our hands on in the UK?

chuckchill

chuckchill

th
Naa mate im gunna have to get a new one, i might look on okief again.. mmmm

1.50 a tin for the newport will do for me..
it works out 20 quid for 8 tins delivered.. just ordered some...

so get a glass honeyoil tube done eh? mmmmm id like to see one...
speak soon mate
them 1£ 50, tins! ARE ONLY 250,ML! YA KNOW.LOL. THERE A JOKE. UD HAVE TO USE SOMETHING LIKE A PEN TUBE TO ,BLAST, THRU,:-)HA. THERE ABSOLUTELLY TINY.LOL. THE BIGGER ONES ARE UPTO 5+ £!. BUT I PAY 3:-) NOT BAD.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
@LittleDabbie how do you feel about zippo butane it seems by the list to be some of he cleanest?

I don't really have any feelings one way or the other, I always bought whatever was cheap by the master case. :D

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I don't really have any feelings one way or the other, I always bought whatever was cheap by the master case. :D
im not a big bho guy like you are/were, lol...but i have seen a huge difference when using puretane....the shit is the most expensive i have seen, but the shit tastes much more smooth and pure...the ppl who i have had try it also say the same, and when for personal use they prefer to use puretane, if its for selling then they use whatever is cheap

P

psilisophic

I use Capitol, but no matter what, unless you're buying tanks of research grade from Airgas or the like, You need to distill your gas or else you risk getting anti-rust compounds and lubricants in your medicine.. No good. I am also a big fan of Newport because it has the highest concentration of propane, which pulls absolutely no chlorophyll and evaporates at lower temps.

organix4207

organix4207

im not a big bho guy like you are/were, lol...but i have seen a huge difference when using puretane....the shit is the most expensive i have seen, but the shit tastes much more smooth and pure...the ppl who i have had try it also say the same, and when for personal use they prefer to use puretane, if its for selling then they use whatever is cheap
I was using colibri untill I asked a friend to pick me up some in the city.
He couldn't find the colibri I asked for but bought puretane. I have not gone back to colibri since !!!!!
Much cleaner , smoother smoke and seems to isolate the terepenes I like.
The bouquet of purtane made product is just so much stronger and more intricate. I'm sold !!!!

Graywolf

Graywolf

We've had good luck with any number of different suppliers, but are currently using Praxair 99.5% Instrument grade @ $300/Lp-5, which we re-distill and filter before using.

I sent a sample to a third party forensic testing lab, which detected no MO at the .2 PPM test cut off. Still there at the PPB level, so we still distill and filter it, but it is amongst the cleanest we've tested thus far.

We're currently getting it from [email protected]

KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

Quick question about distilling, Can't you just distill right out of your tank of r600 if you just pull out of the tank in the vapor position/ or valve and fill your recovery jug with the solvent that your going to use? seems like the best way to do it to me. That way any crap that may be in there just gets thrown out with the manufactures container. And thanks Graywolf for all the great info you provide.

PS. I'm just learning this extract stuff but find it fascinating, So far just gotten some of the cheap stuff, got a half pound closed loop extractor and a vacuum chamber, Been doing hvac service work for 25 years so already have a lot of tools needed and knowledge, One of our guys did a service call to some extraction company over on Glisan a couple of weeks ago, Wish it would have been me would have loved to see their operation.

Last edited:
KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

And another quick question on the recovery jugs, they are made of steel and have brass valves is that a problem? Right now I have a stainless steel spool that I am using as my recovery tank but was thinking of getting a regular recovery tank.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

And another quick question on the recovery jugs, they are made of steel and have brass valves is that a problem? Right now I have a stainless steel spool that I am using as my recovery tank but was thinking of getting a regular recovery tank.

when using gases you ALWAYS ave brass fittings, and your NEVER supposed to use any teflon in any brass fitting when flamable gas is involved....little tip from welding school ;) use 2 crescent wrenches to lock the connection tight, there should be no leaks what so ever

like for example, co2 is a steel tank with brass fittings, but it is not flamable, you can use teflon if you like....propane is also a steel container with brass fittings, but you never use teflon on them...it can be a fire hazard when using teflon on flamable gas

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

We've had good luck with any number of different suppliers, but are currently using Praxair 99.5% Instrument grade @ $300/Lp-5, which we re-distill and filter before using.

I sent a sample to a third party forensic testing lab, which detected no MO at the .2 PPM test cut off. Still there at the PPB level, so we still distill and filter it, but it is amongst the cleanest we've tested thus far.

We're currently getting it from [email protected]

if your using praxair, why not just open up an account with praxair itself and get it directly from the source? easy enough to do, praxair supplies welding companies, they are a gas distribution company and welding supplies company, i just go to my local praxair to get all my co2, dry ice, argon, oxygen, helium/argon mix...ect...anyone can open an account too

KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

when using gases you ALWAYS ave brass fittings, and your NEVER supposed to use any teflon in any brass fitting when flamable gas is involved....little tip from welding school ;) use 2 crescent wrenches to lock the connection tight, there should be no leaks what so ever

I know that 90 percent of the time this is true but not always, I have 2 nitrous oxide tanks out in my shed that have stainless steel valves on them,SAM 0445

and even though the tank is steel they do make stainless steel ones too, So I guess I kinda answered my own question, If I can get stainless steel valves and tank I should use them. And on my first question I just tried my method and it took 3 hours to get 2.5 pounds of butane in my cold trap with r600 tank in tub of 100 degree water, so time would be why you didn't want to do it that way but if your not in a rush its pretty easy.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

the differnce between stainless and brass imo would be that stainless is food grade, ex nitrous oxide would be used for dentists..(depending what stainless used), but the standard is brass...i personally have never seen a stainless valve fitting on a flammable gas cylinder

you sure that fitting is stainless? it looks like silver paint from the pic lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom