best butane to use?

• Thread starter Krypto1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KingCrimson

I just wanted to add to the praise of vector, and for those that have an issue adapting butate to your tubes, vector comes with a ring of 5 or 6 different style plastic adapters, saved me more than once with various home made extractors.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
i actually emailed the people who make it and they seem to think it will still be made. it wasn't ever made by colibrigroup, it is made in the UK by keen marketing. i dont really understand it, but my supplier just got 40 more cases (of 72x300ml cans) last week, so its still available in quantity at least at this point. we shall see..

If you like Colibri buy it up while you can.

Aqua Lab Tech

K

KingCrimson

I just wanted to add to the praise of vector, and for those that have an issue adapting butate to your tubes, vector comes with a ring of 5 or 6 different style plastic adapters, saved me more than once with various home made extractors.

I have no need for it now that I have an okief tube but for those still using devices with problem holes here is a picture of the adapter that comes with vector.

http://i233.invalid.com/albums/ee263/king_crimson99/Photo241.jpg

B

bicycle racer

these are the sources i have used that are the cleanest king vector ronson colibri and zippo. all produce good results and no residual smells or tastes. vector is probably best and comes in larger sizes.

B

bicycle racer

the only one i have used i thought was nasty was neon never again.

S

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
found this .

looking into the gas i found this , does this mean they are all the same , also maplins say there gas has zero impurities , have you found any difference in tastes using different brands that state they are both pure ,

The Near Zero Impurities logo has become the quality assurance standard in butane gas manufacture

These famous brands of lighter gas are all manufactured to the Newport system and are permitted to use the zero impurity benchmark.

Colibri
Colton
Cora
CTC
Davidoff
David Ross
Dunhill
IMCO
K2
London
Newport
Sarome
Silver Match
Unilight
Win

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
i think they are all the same. havent tried em tho.

O

ojd

i know london and newport have near zero impurities
it says zero impurities but says near in small right besides it
but thays the best ive found localy
ive tried to find vector or colibri with no success
or if i find it it doesnt say 5 times refined like you us guy's does

but newport produces exellent oil
me and karma use it so thats proof alone
thsim posted a very cheap link for newport if anyones interested(uk only)

S

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
i know london and newport have near zero impurities
it says zero impurities but says near in small right besides it
but thays the best ive found localy
ive tried to find vector or colibri with no success
or if i find it it doesnt say 5 times refined like you us guy's does

but newport produces exellent oil
me and karma use it so thats proof alone
thsim posted a very cheap link for newport if anyones interested(uk only)

yours and karmas is by far the cleanest i have tasted , didnt know he used newport to , my mind is made up then

B

bicycle racer

is there a good instructional thred on here for making oil with iso alcohol or everclear i want to give that method a go for comparison.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
any clean butane, there is no difference. my friend who only uses vector said my oil made using colibri was as tasty or better tasting than all the oil he made with vector.. and he was pretty good at making oil too.

and also colibri is the same quality as newport i believe. prolly same stuff..

Top Bottom