best cloning gel?

• Thread starter vintageherb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

H3AD_CAS3

I've always used Clonex with peat pellets. I would say 99% success rate with nice rooting in about 7 days.

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

I have good luck with Olivia's, not saying it's the best though.

JoeShmoe

JoeShmoe

Premium Member
Supporter
i swear by root tec..
think it has a higher % of rooting agent than clonex.
works great.

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

I use the bubbler, but what I used in the past was Rootone :afroweed:

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I gotta say I am a big fan of that Clonex gel.. No complaints on my end..:harvest:

K

K Double O

Honestly I've had great success with the powder. But rootech works pretty well.

O

Obsoul33t

vita grow rooting compound formerly woods

it has 2 rooting hormones
IBA and NAA
i have also been experimenting adding BAA hormone in small amount to increase shoot growth during rooting . i have routinely been getting 1/2"-1" growth during rooting .

i also feed them heavy strength 3 part gh and have extremely lush cuttings all through the rooting process .

achieving 100% success rate

pix are 8 days after cutting

Od08 027
C

coldnorth

IBA and NAA
i have also been experimenting adding BAA hormone in small amount to increase shoot growth during rooting . i have routinely been getting 1/2"-1" growth during rooting .

i also feed them heavy strength 3 part gh and have extremely lush cuttings all through the rooting process .

so you still feed em before roots made it? where do i find vita grow?

Cn

K

kill-9

Doesn't really matter what you use, you'd have the same success with root powder. The trick is to actually do it correctly, not exactly what you use. I have clonex and I'm just waiting to finish that up before trying Olivias or some rootpowder. The thing is, I usually don't even go to the store without having a couple bills on me, so I tend to get what's higher marked.

Gels are preferred because it completely saturates the plant, with powder you actually gotta check and look, then adjust. That's all really.

I figure I'm gonna spend my money on some bullshit like take out food, so why not the extra bucks on some premium stuff? So that's why I get the gel.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter

IBA and NAA

Hey soulie, that is exactly how my cuts are set up.. I also am using the GH 3 part.. But I never knew to feed while they are rooting? Im high so let me know if I am understanding correctly.. Also can you give me the #'s for Grow-Micro-Bloom

GTD :harvest:

O

Obsoul33t

so you still feed em before roots made it? where do i find vita grow?

Cn

yes i feed them during rooting. not saying you but not sure why folks think a cutting won't need food to stay healthy during any part of it's life including rooting.
i find without food they yellow nasty during rooting then once rooted take longer to get back up to speed.
i want my rooted cuts as healthy as the day they were cut ready for vigorous growth .

Hey soulie, that is exactly how my cuts are set up.. I also am using the GH 3 part.. But I never knew to feed while they are rooting? Im high so let me know if I am understanding correctly.. Also can you give me the #'s for Grow-Micro-Bloom

GTD :harvest:

i originally stumbled onto the benefits of feeding during rooting using full strength lucas but have refined a recipe that just works better than anything i have tried.

gh 3part [email protected]
G =2.75 tsp pr gl
M =1.1 tsp pr gl
B =1.1 tsp pr gl

there are some further tricks like smashing the rockwool cubes to break up the fibrous structure to allow more aeration and root penetration for young new roots to grow through.

another key is not to apply too much rooting hormone , the stuff is poison in high doses to plant cuttings
gels are hard to regulate how much is applied and you almost always over apply gels . im sure everyone has noticed using gels that the stem puffs up or swells that is over application and slows down the plant upon entry into veg .
i dip as fast as i can with the liquid and thats it . a quick quick dip to a depth of around an 1/8" and then stick it in your medium . it does not take a lot of hormone to work and globs of gel fk up the process.

the best way i have found to use gels is to barely dip just enough to seal the cut end

many methods work to make roots but 99% of the cuttings i see people take look yellow and nasty right after they root and in no way have grown during that process .

cheers

JoeShmoe

JoeShmoe

Premium Member
Supporter
thanks OB^^^thats the ticket ^^^what he said:)
you say that so well man< you ever thought about a book?

man>>>im a TOTAL OVER DIPPER. not anymore.

whatever grow formula your useing works...
i use the PBP...grow...lil seaweed...b 1.
600-900-ppms

Latest posts

Top Bottom