• Thread starter vintageherb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Friggen nice Soulie..:passingjoint:

Me too Joe.. I am obviously a over dipper as well..

I used the pure blend line for many years..Absolute stellar results. It is the Ultimate 1 part stand alone plant food, that and a lil cal-mag..

I just recently started using the GH 3 part and am very happy with it..

GTD

V

vintageherb

Wow thats alot of diffrent brands and way's to do it ..the guy at the hydro store is hell bent on roottech ..Okay guy's I need advise I just got a snow storm and the clones are sittin in a cool spot with wilt purf on them and wet paper towel around the bottom of them in ziplock's.. I dont know how long till I'll get to the store I'm guess 2 day's .. What should I do when I get the cloning gel ...I mean after they been sittin in the dark cool spot for a better starting rate? I really dont wanna mess these bad ass girlies up.I want them to make it?

D

drpressure600

what's the best cloning gel or solution for soil?

. . CLONEX & ROOT RIOT CUBES, the best ever my friend, & spray the leaves with jump start mixed into the water bottle for spraying, u'll never go wrong atall my friend, i've done hundreds like this with no problems . .

R

RansacktheElder

np bro i find the pure honey the best :) and they always root in less than 7 days for me

You're kidding me right? I have like an endless supply of honey!! just dip it in honey and go, eh? They'll root faster than that experiment I did with the water? God I hope so! That took a while.

V

vintageherb

Thank's again guy's for all the tip's..So has anybody ever rooted clones after sitting for a couple days?

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
I like clonex. I also water with homemade willow water which will work fine on its own. Near 100% survival rate.

S

Silica

I like clonex.
As for how long clones last like someone asked, if you put them in the fridge in a sealed air tight baggie they can last 6 months or so.

V

vintageherb

6 months all I need is a couple days that's good to know ..do you push all the air out of them?

JoeShmoe

JoeShmoe

Premium Member
Supporter
had some sitting 9 days root for me.
keep em iin the dark and in water...re cut em when ready.

i used to do it with straight water...in a cloner...just took longer and started em yellow and hungry.

V

vintageherb

Hey Joeshmoe I have a wet paper towel wraped tight around the stem and dip them in water and I sprayed them down with wiltpruf then put them in ziplock bags and put em in the dark ..so I should put them into a cup of water instead?

H

H3AD_CAS3

yeah, you can't grow wrong with clonex...I don't usually have problems with yellowing from clones, but I am going to do an experiment with a weak lucas solution of nutes vs no nutes to see which clones have more vigor after being planted.

JoeShmoe

JoeShmoe

Premium Member
Supporter
HC>>> promise the ones with the grow will leave the rest behind.
done that side by side a few times.
no grow...
alll grow, and 1/2 grow 1/2 bloom...from start cut...
very best is all grow nutes @ 600-800 ppms from cutting.with some seaweed/kelp...and b1.

you will see the difference<<ALL THE WAY THROUGH flower.

boosts vigor and yields.:)

A

Attis

vita grow rooting compound formerly woods

it has 2 rooting hormones
IBA and NAA
i have also been experimenting adding BAA hormone in small amount to increase shoot growth during rooting . i have routinely been getting 1/2"-1" growth during rooting .

i also feed them heavy strength 3 part gh and have extremely lush cuttings all through the rooting process .

achieving 100% success rate

pix are 8 days after cutting

Those look amazing. Mine don't even look that good after 14 days:dull

yes i feed them during rooting. not saying you but not sure why folks think a cutting won't need food to stay healthy during any part of it's life including rooting.
i find without food they yellow nasty during rooting then once rooted take longer to get back up to speed.
i want my rooted cuts as healthy as the day they were cut ready for vigorous growth .

i originally stumbled onto the benefits of feeding during rooting using full strength lucas but have refined a recipe that just works better than anything i have tried.

gh 3part [email protected]
G =2.75 tsp pr gl
M =1.1 tsp pr gl
B =1.1 tsp pr gl

there are some further tricks like smashing the rockwool cubes to break up the fibrous structure to allow more aeration and root penetration for young new roots to grow through.

another key is not to apply too much rooting hormone , the stuff is poison in high doses to plant cuttings
gels are hard to regulate how much is applied and you almost always over apply gels . im sure everyone has noticed using gels that the stem puffs up or swells that is over application and slows down the plant upon entry into veg .
i dip as fast as i can with the liquid and thats it . a quick quick dip to a depth of around an 1/8" and then stick it in your medium . it does not take a lot of hormone to work and globs of gel fk up the process.

the best way i have found to use gels is to barely dip just enough to seal the cut end

many methods work to make roots but 99% of the cuttings i see people take look yellow and nasty right after they root and in no way have grown during that process .

cheers

Thank you for the breakdown. I am going to try this tomorrow. I feel good about it!:bong2:

Top Bottom