Best harvest time

• Thread starter chuckz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

When is the optimum time of day to harvest?

• Dawn (light on)

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Dusk (light off)

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Middle of light period

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Middle of dark period

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 3 hours before light on

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 3 hours after light on

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • 3 hours before light off

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 3 hours after light off

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
Blazed_Out

Blazed_Out

I normally harvest just before the lights turn on, before the plants begin photosynthesis.
Have taken before lights off too but have not really distinguished the difference apart from taste, where the before lights on harvest tasted a little softer and cleaner than the before lights off harvest.
Haven't tried giving 2 days of darkness before harvesting, but will try it this harvest on the full moon. I was reading: http://www.moongrow.com/moon_phase_gardening/gardening_by_moon_phases/full_moon.html that on a full moon herbs that are harvested will be at their peak flavour and nutrition. So if your plants are fully matured by the time of a full moon you should try this. It also says that medical herbs that are gathered during the full moon will have great powers.

chuckz

chuckz

i pull em whenever I have time/> I reall y dont look forward anymore to 2-3 days of solid trimwork= but it is a means to an end $$$$$ easy money

Yeah, shame, you sound like the idiots that don't flush, don't care about the product, or about the people who smoke it.

Hey but at least you are getting rich! :middlefinger

T

thc4sim

I do the 48 hour of darkness if space allows :yes

Bog used to tell everyone to try this method in his threads back in the days he was still around, he always had time to share!
Be good to see him back on the scene again!, one day.....

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

i always chop 3 hours after lights turn off, like devil mentioned they are nicely perked up and easier to trim.

R

Resinator

Wrong wrong wrong wrong all wrong
The best time to harvest your weed is at 4:20
:)

D

DE-THC

well

i just usually pick em when i got the time
i didnt really know their was a SPECFIC date for harvest
i like the 4:20 idea though =]]

T

tuffgong69

hi all.a friend of mine reckons the lights should be on a few hours before chop..he believed the resin glands were more active due to the light and heat,not sure if this makes any difference though!cup of coffee,music,comfy chair and some sharp scissors..QUICK TIP;i use powder free gloves for trimming(MARIGOLD do a blue one..you can spend hours trimming and the smell doesnt transfer to your fingers..after trimming youre gonna have lots of res on fingers of gloves.snip the ends with most res on(usually thumb and 1st finger),then place them in freezer for an hour..when you take them out rub the tips between your fingers and all the scissor hash falls right off..a nice little reward for all the hard work..i got 2 grams last crop and it was knockout!peace,tg :nod

G

gacktodd

In my opinion, makes no difference, just get you're trichome ratios where you prefer and you're off. god willing I will have enough future harvests to prove myself uneducated.

TG69 i like your tip with the gloves.

T

Thick Smoke

i voted half way through light period. that way there perky and i think the light makes it easier to chop the plants down. lol

bongeyered

bongeyered

i just chopped half way through lights on, leaves are more accessable for trimming that way.

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

A little something

Hey fellow farmers the two day lights off before harvesting is in essence stressing the plant out, making it produce a little more THC in their final push. Another good trick if you're growing in a hydro system is to take ice cold water with no nutrients and run your irrigation two times for ten minutes each run on both days of the two day dark period. Then right before you're about to chop take boiling hot water and pour it into the medium and watch the colors change in the plants. It makes them more vibrant and helps the taste I've noticed, it is pretty cool give it a try sometime ;)

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

Ive only tried the 2 days of darkness a few times and gave up on it due to mold.

I just chop em when ive examined them enough and the trichomes look ready.

if you are new to the darkness thing and going to try two days of darkness be carefull where you leave them, if its a cold room the buds might get mold.

Q?- peoples who already do this do you dehumidify the room?

I cannot stress enough how much a humidifier/dehumidifier help!! It is a tool that is just as important as your light or nutrient choice! They should be used all through out flowering to maximize the transpiration of water through the leaves of the plants and keep them happy and mold free! And always have a humidifier/dehumidifier in the drying room, situation dependent, to keep the humidity around 45% to ensure proper drying before going into curing jars :)

B

Brendarn

I read in my book, that you should leave it in the dark for 24 hours before harvest. Not sure if that is the correct way, but it said you might get more resin production.

S

sam_i_am

right as the lights are about to come on.....

if you have to harvest right at that exact moment, however usually i wait and leave the girls in three days or 72 hours of darkness to connfuse them and get the resin really pumpin.... iam thinking of waiting on my next harvest and harvesting at right as the lights come on to 5 days total darkness just top compare because i have had verying results with using the three day method.
good thread i like everyones input on the topic.
sam

Latest posts

Top Bottom