Best Humidifier for Larger Rooms

• Thread starter dirk d
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I purchase the whole house humidifier from sears and hook up an auto fill system than walk away. The top of the line one has digital controls and works like a charm. I have been happy with them one craped out and they replaced it no charge. The first shot is how I cool the room in the summer :cool:
with my chiller barrel and the other pix are the auto fill hooked to the humidifier.

IMGP7292
IMGP0872
IMGP0874
IMGP0875

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

that looks like a pretty sweet set up i think im gonna have to buy one off craigslist or some shit cause im kinda tapped at the moment but i think if i can find something small to finnish up this run ill be ok ill post some pics of how big the room is when the lights come on

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I purchase the whole house humidifier from sears and hook up an auto fill system than walk away. The top of the line one has digital controls and works like a charm. I have been happy with them one craped out and they replaced it no charge. The first shot is how I cool the room in the summer :cool:
with my chiller barrel and the other pix are the auto fill hooked to the humidifier.

View attachment 284650View attachment 284651View attachment 284652View attachment 284653

I still can't believe you run all that shit on straight carpet. nice carpet at that.

You are an inspiration to us all.

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

I was thinking the same shit but hes not really on the carpet

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
If u add a swamp cooler, it not only cools but also adds humidity. U need humidity right? Portable units runn about 200$. What size is ur room, how much light and whats ur intake and exhaust sizes?
Confu.

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

Its bout 13 by 12 got two 1000s 10 inch max fan exhaust two 6 inch vortex intake and an air conditioner that sucks air from the room also its not a swamp its at like 20% all times so i think if i get a decent humidifier it will pump it to ok range ill just have to keep refilling it that sucks but swamps are super cheap to how do i keep the humidity up at night though cause its cold at nights round here

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Run the swamp cooler during the day and at night , dial ur exhaust (10inch) down with a 20$ fan control. And turn off one of ur 2(6inch intakes).
The cooler temps should keep ur humidiy higher then it is now during the day. Id guess if its 20rh outside itll be in the 40s in ur room at night with the fans turned downthat is.

Confu.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
There is more than one was to solve ur problem Dali, im jus tryin to give u the cheapest most cost effective way of doing it.
If ur in socal, i know a guy with a wharehouse full of cheap China made swamp coolers that i get for 60$. Plus he has then off season( good luck fining a swamper during winter) mabe on Craigslist.

Confu

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

ok that sounds like it might work I'm gonna try a few things and i do have my fans on controllers ive tried that it helped only a lil but i might try the swamp cooler idea idk i got to figure it out soon thanks for the info and the 411 on a hook up i may be hitting you up soon but yeah thanks for helping

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

and quick question do you or someone know the suggested rh for veg and for flower

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

You want to be around 60% all the time except at night it can go down to 35%. There are so many reasons to keep your RH up there around 60%. The main reason you want high humidity is the leaves have what are called stomata they are pores on the leaves and when RH is low they close up when RH is high they open up wide. Have a look for info on Humidity and Vapour Pressure Deficit (VPD) and here is a calulator http://www.autogrow.com/vpd_calc.php

For years Relative Humidity (RH) has been used as a measure of how much water vapour is present in the air and is probably still the preferred method used by experienced growers. In a greenhouse, the amount of water vapour present has a direct effect on a plants ability to transpire and hence grow.
Another measure called vapour pressure deficit (VPD) is also used to indicate humidity and is felt to be more directly related to a plants wellbeing. VPD combines the effects of both humidity AND temperature into one value and so gives a good indication of plant wellbeing without the need for the grower to do any mental arithmetic. VPD values run in the opposite way to RH values so when RH is high VPD is low.
If humidity is too low (i.e. high VPD), the stomata on the leaves tend to close in order to limit transpiration and prevent wilting. This closing of the stomata will also limit the rate of CO2 uptake and hence limit photosynthesis and consequently plant growth. Low humidity also reduces turgidity (water pressure within the plant cells) and this in turn also restricts growth.
Conversely, if humidity is too high (i.e. low VPD) the stomata will fully open but even so the plants will be unable to evaporate enough water to carry minerals into the plant and so again, growth will be impeded and mineral deficiencies (particularly calcium) may occur. In addition, the plants may exhibit soft growth, fungal problems and mineral deficiency symptoms.
It is frequently stated that VPD more closely matches what the plant "feels" in relation to temperature and humidity and therefore forms a better basis for environment control. Unfortunately, VPD is extremely difficult to determine accurately as it is necessary to know the leaf tissue temperature. Attempts to measure leaf temperature reliably on an ongoing basis have often ended in disaster. One of the problems is that the plants leaves are in differing amounts of sun with some leaves in full sun, some in partial sun and others in full shade. This makes the concept of "leaf tissue temperature" particularly complex.
By measuring the temperature and relative humidity within the crop canopy the calculated VPD is still a useful measure as it combines both temperature and humidity into a single measure in a way that approximates the well-being of the crop.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
^^^ yea, what he said. I veg in the high 60s but be careful if u have carbon filters they stop being effective around the low 60s rh. At night im good with 40rh.
When i run my evap coolers, my air never gets above 65rh and no lower than 45rh even with the lowest rh outside, in the teens. So its perfect always.

Confu.

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

alright im gonna get a swamp cooler there is one for like 30 bucks does not appear to be fucked up ill get back to you thanks for the awesome info

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

Is there a way to clean it like a way that is beyond obvious thats kinda a vage question but just asking lol

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

like get it clean enough to put in your garden what would you do first is a better way to put it

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
run a mild bleach solution thru like 5:1 ratio. if u see a bunch of white stuff inside of it dont worrry about cleaning that, its jus calcium from the water. Btw because of the calcium build up, id suggest running RO water if u can, itll make it run longer.

Confu.

P

phil420girl

I used this increase bloom Co2 and grow that you spray on.. this stuff sucks killed my plants and whats not dead looks like crap same thing happend to my friend. Never ever spray this Co2 junk on your plants... I lernt the hard way Increase bloom Co2 suckkkkkkksssssss

Top Bottom